[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• I am having a tough time trying to find the original recovery image for my MXIII Plus. If anyone has this and can share it I would appreciate the help.

I'm trying to use USB Burning tool to put the original firmware back on the box to clean up the U-boot (per balbes150's advice post #739). I have TWRP (which replaced the original recovery) on the MXIII, which seems to prevent me putting the MXIII into recovery mode so that I can use USB Burning Tool. USB Burning Tool does not find the MXIII. I have uninstalled and reinstalled USB Burning Tool and the drivers.

I'm not sure if there is a different way to get USB Burning Tool to recognize the MXIII, but if someone knows of one please let me know how.

Thanks for any advice and help.

• I am having a tough time trying to find the original recovery image for my MXIII Plus. If anyone has this and can share it I would appreciate the help.

I'm trying to use USB Burning tool to put the original firmware back on the box to clean up the U-boot (per balbes150's advice post #739). I have TWRP (which replaced the original recovery) on the MXIII, which seems to prevent me putting the MXIII into recovery mode so that I can use USB Burning Tool. USB Burning Tool does not find the MXIII. I have uninstalled and reinstalled USB Burning Tool and the drivers.

I'm not sure if there is a different way to get USB Burning Tool to recognize the MXIII, but if someone knows of one please let me know how.

Thanks for any advice and help.

Is this a Tronsmart? 16_mxiii-plus-android-tv-box-firmwares.html

• Thanks bubblegum57.

I ended up using the SD boot with the original recovery and was able to boot into recovery. Then the fun started with USB Burning Tool. After several hours and many trials I got the original firmware loaded and now for the Leia firmware.

• I think this problem is related to the garbage in your u-boot. Try to install the standard Android firmware from your TV box via USB Built Tool (to clear all the accumulated errors in the internal memory). And then perform the activation of the universal multi-boot.

I spent a lot of time getting this Beelink MXIII Plus back to the original firmware per your instructions. The firmware works fine in Android.

When you mention "perform the activation of the universal multi-boot" I'm assuming you mean to toothpick boot the SD image?

I burned the latest image you posted for the MXIII Plus dated 0601 with Win32DiskImager and then toothpick booted the image. The only complication is that this box has an on/off switch which has to be pushed after toothpick - power - then the switch pushed on.

The problem is as follows - if I keep the reset switch on waiting for the LE splash to appear it never appears. The Beelink splash image comes on and then off every 3 seconds. If I release the reset switch the Beelink splash stays on for about 7 seconds then goes off and about a second later the Libreelec splash comes on for about 17 seconds and then goes off. 3 seconds later the Beelink splash starts again. That is all that happens and I've tried numerous times.

The SD card I had Demetris's 8.2.2 running on this box on no longer boots into Libreelec.

What else can I do to try to resolve this problem booting Libreelec?

• You should find a more recent firmware. It's because the installed uboot doesn't accept the aml-autoscript. Try to find a more recent firmware.

• You should find a more recent firmware. It's because the installed uboot doesn't accept the aml-autoscript. Try to find a more recent firmware.

The firmware is from Android 4.4, version 202k4. That is as far as I know the latest for the box. Are you saying that I should install a version 17 build first, then 18?

Went ahead and tried to boot the most recent balbes150 img.gz and got the flashing Beelink and then the crash message at the top of the screen.

Edited once, last by doggyofone (June 12, 2018 at 8:45 PM).

• No, I mean android.

I don't have knowledge of a MXIIIplus, but does it have to be firmware from beelink. Why not try firmware from tronsmart?

I have a Eny M8S and I flashed it with this 5.1 firmware from acemax: ACEMAX Products SW Downloading Center

Worked like a charm, to be honest I never use android, but the box booted without complaint. After the flash, the toothpick method worked (no on and off bootsplash anymore) and I can boot from sd and usb.

• No, I mean android.

I don't have knowledge of a MXIIIplus, but does it have to be firmware from beelink. Why not try firmware from tronsmart?

I have a Eny M8S and I flashed it with this 5.1 firmware from acemax: ACEMAX Products SW Downloading Center

Worked like a charm, to be honest I never use android, but the box booted without complaint. After the flash, the toothpick method worked (no on and off bootsplash anymore) and I can boot from sd and usb.

Worth a try. Very frustrating with these builds. I flashed the 06/17 Kodi 17.3 build and the Beelink splash flash a few times and then the critical error on the top. Fantastic weather and I'm inside messing with this old box.

If I remember correctly to flash the downloaded files is via SD card, add the following files from the download and toothpick boot:

factory_update_param.aml

The Eny OTA.zip

recovery.img

However, the eny download also includes the following:

aml_autoscript and U-boot.bin.

and I'm not sure what to do with these.

Hopefully you can help with this.

Edited once, last by doggyofone (June 12, 2018 at 9:29 PM).

• Official Post

When you mention "perform the activation of the universal multi-boot" I'm assuming you mean to toothpick boot the SD image?

I burned the latest image you posted for the MXIII Plus dated 0601 with Win32DiskImager and then toothpick booted the image. The only complication is that this box has an on/off switch which has to be pushed after toothpick - power - then the switch pushed on.

The problem is as follows - if I keep the reset switch on waiting for the LE splash to appear it never appears. The Beelink splash image comes on and then off every 3 seconds. If I release the reset switch the Beelink splash stays on for about 7 seconds then goes off and about a second later the Libreelec splash comes on for about 17 seconds and then goes off. 3 seconds later the Beelink splash starts again. That is all that happens and I've tried numerous times.

The SD card I had Demetris's 8.2.2 running on this box on no longer boots into Libreelec.

1. According to the description, multi-download is already activated. Try renaming the aml_autoscript file to old_autoscript or deleting it. And try running without this file.

2. If that doesn't work, try to run the KODI version-17 with that of the memory card, and write the result.

• I got this resolved and back to Android 4.4. Thanks again.

• 1. According to the description, multi-download is already activated. Try renaming the aml_autoscript file to old_autoscript or deleting it. And try running without this file.

2. If that doesn't work, try to run the KODI version-17 with that of the memory card, and write the result.

I'm updating from an Android 4.4 system to Leia 18 via SD card and toothpick boot. Should I be updating from one of your V17 roms?

I renamed aml_autoscript to old aml_autoscript. I did not do anything with the zip file. I toothpick booted V18 (06/01) and this took me to recovery (TWRP). It did not boot to LE.

I have tried to boot into your version 17.3 and 17.6 from last November. Neither boots, just get a splash screen that flashes on and off.

I will retry tomorrow with a fresh install of the original Android.

• I was already to sleep yesterday, so I didn't see your post. You have to put them all on the root of the sd-card and then do the toothpick method. If everything is alright you should see the picture of the droid with a spinning wheel in his body. If you are still on TWRP it will not work. Then you have to install the recovery.img first from TWRP (if I remember correctly) and then do the toothpick method again.

If you are not sure you can do following command in a linux terminal: cat factory_update_param.aml

It will show you the text inside of the file. With a little imagination, you can read what files the update needs and what it will do.

You can do the same for the aml_autscript: cat aml_autoscript (make sure you cd to the folder where the files are located).

Edited once, last by roel (June 13, 2018 at 3:15 PM).