[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• Official Post

Would be helpful if you could start another thread for Leia S802/S812.

Perhaps the moderators can split this topic and make posts about Leia in a separate topic.

I see on the download page there is a folder for the 100Mb network with two folders, both with an image. What is the difference between all the 100Mb images. I used the one from the front page.

Try to test all three variants of images. They use different kernel and configuration options.

• balbes150, is there something I've missed here with regards to installation? I cannot get your Leia to boot.

• doggyofone

It's as I already told balbes in post 737: the .please_resize_me file could not be deleted. It's easy to fix if you have a linux pc. Just put the usb stick or sdcard in your linux pc. Go to the storage partition of your usb stick or sdcard and remove the file .please_resize_me as root (or with sudo in the terminal). After you done this, You can use gparted to expand the storage partition.

I don't think it is possible on a windows pc as windows doesnt support the ext4 filesystem. But actualy, I don't know as I'm not a windows user.

If you don't understand the above howto, wait for a next image of Balbes150 where he fixed the permissions of the storage partition. -> just noticed it could be a uboot problem also, as a reflashed my android firmware and started again with the toothpick method to activate multiboot. After I did this the resize problem was gone.

Edited 2 times, last by roel (May 29, 2018 at 8:39 PM).

• doggyofone

It's as I already told balbes in post 737: the .please_resize_me file could not be deleted. It's easy to fix if you have a linux pc. Just put the usb stick or sdcard in your linux pc. Go to the storage partition of your usb stick or sdcard and remove the file .please_resize_me as root (or with sudo in the terminal). After you done this, You can use gparted to expand the storage partition.

I don't think it is possible on a windows pc as windows doesnt support the ext4 filesystem. But actualy, I don't know as I'm not a windows user.

If you don't understand the above howto, wait for a next image of Balbes150 where he fixed the permissions of the storage partition.

Thanks roel. Not sure where I missed that post. You can use Ext2Fsd in Windows to edit Linux.

• balbes150,

I tested all you images for 100Mb network. For your knowledge, I have a Eny M8S with a AP6330 wifi chip. Recently I had some problems with it, but I flashed the android firmware again and now everything is fine again. Seems doiing the toothpick method to much for different AML_AUTOSCRIPTS corrupts uboot after a while...

So I tested all images to boot from sdcard and from usbstick.

The 100M image boots, I had to do a manual resizing of the storage partition because it stuck in the boot on the resizing. It can be it had something to do with my old uboot because after reflashing the android firmware the other firmwares didn't have that problem anymore. Same for the freezing as mentioned in post 737.

Conclusion: this image works OK, including network, wifi and bluetooth.

The image in folder 1: boots but no wifi and bluetooth

The image in folder 2: didn't boot at all, the M8S stuck at the S812 boot logo

The image for the mxIII-plus: Works without glitches on the M8S. Network OK, Wifi OK, Bluetooth OK

The only thing I noticed is that the option in the shutdown menu to install the image to nand doesn't work, and also some systemd message during boot about systemd-modules-load.service:

● systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static;

vendor preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2018-05-29 18:44:02 UTC; 23min a

go

Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)

man:modules-load.d(5)

Process: 2291 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, st

atus=1/FAILURE)

Main PID: 2291 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

May 29 18:44:02 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting Load Kernel Modules...

May 29 18:44:02 LibreELEC systemd-modules-load[2291]: Failed to find module 'aml

videodri'

May 29 18:44:02 LibreELEC systemd-modules-load[2291]: Failed to find module 'mes

on-ir'

May 29 18:44:02 LibreELEC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process

exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

May 29 18:44:02 LibreELEC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with

result 'exit-code'.

May 29 18:44:02 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

I will continue with the MXIII-plus image. Didn't test the remote yet, but I don't expect problems with it.

• Recently I had some problems with it, but I flashed the android firmware again and now everything is fine again. Seems doiing the toothpick method to much for different AML_AUTOSCRIPTS corrupts uboot after a while...

interesting ... thanks for having share your findings with the community

• Official Post

Thanks for the tests. Yes, a problem with different aml_autoscript is possible. Therefore, it is desirable to run with clean firmware. In this case, there will be no impact from old "tails" (incorrect data). Errors in systemd are not critical, it is from different module variants. Installation in the eMMC is still in the process of verification. I have only one unit of TV box with S812, which is intensively used for different tasks and therefore has some problems with the healt of the eMMC. :)

• balbes150,

Didn't test the remote yet, but I don't expect problems with it.

Seems there are some problems. I kill kodi and eventlircd and when I want to activate my own remote.conf, I get this message:

LibreELEC-M8S:~/.config # ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0

/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

No devices found

Maybe it is indeed missing module meson-ir as stated in the error message of systemd.

This is the output from cat /proc/bus/input/devices:

I: Bus=0010 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=0100

N: Name="aml_keypad"

P: Phys=keypad/input0

S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/meson-remote/input/input3

U: Uniq=

H: Handlers=kbd mouse1 event3

B: PROP=0

B: EV=f

B: KEY=7fffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff fffffffe

B: REL=103

B: ABS=0

I: Bus=0010 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=0100

N: Name="gpio_keypad"

P: Phys=gpio_keypad/input0

S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/gpio_keypad.6/input/input4

H: Handlers=kbd event4

B: EV=100003

B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=0100

N: Name="rn5t618_pmu"

P: Phys=m1kbd/input2

S: Sysfs=/devices/i2c-0/0-0032/rn5t618_pmu.0/input/input5

H: Handlers=kbd event5

B: EV=7

B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

B: REL=0

It seems also the inputstream-adaptive addon is not installed. I wanted to install it from the libreelec add-ons repository but I get following message: Could not connetct to repository.

Edited once, last by roel: Added some more information. (May 31, 2018 at 7:49 PM).

• Official Post

The new version 20180601.

Working repository Addons Libreelec (thanks chewitt for the added link for s812).

Added support for the remote control, but I can not figure out what is the reason that "ir-keytable" does not accept codes from the remote control. Perhaps need additional settings, but I do not know what is missing. I will be very grateful if more experienced users will tell me the reason. By the way, there is "mc" in the image (which can be run via SSH), for quick editing of settings.

• The new version 20180601.

Working repository Addons Libreelec (thanks chewitt for the added link for s812).

Added support for the remote control, but I can not figure out what is the reason that "ir-keytable" does not accept codes from the remote control. Perhaps need additional settings, but I do not know what is missing. I will be very grateful if more experienced users will tell me the reason. By the way, there is "mc" in the image (which can be run via SSH), for quick editing of settings.

balbes150, is the "please_resize_me file" problem resolved? I don't have a Linux machine to resolve this problem.

• Added support for the remote control, but I can not figure out what is the reason that "ir-keytable" does not accept codes from the remote control.

I will look into this, maybe I can figure it out. But I have little time, so it could take some time.

• balbes150

A new problem showed up. I wanted to update with the tar file, but I got this error: Missing (target) files kernel and /system

I burned the MXIII-plus image on my SD-card and otted the M8S from the sd-card. No problems with resizing the storage partition.

After the first-run items I did following:

- Added my remote.conf to the rc_keymaps folder and adjusted rc_maps.conf to use my remote.

- Did the following command: ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0

- No error messages, but remote didn't seem to work.

- ir-keytable -t didn't respond to the keypresses on the remote.

- ir-keytable without flag gave me this result:

LibreELEC-M8S:~ # ir-keytable

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:

Driver: rc-loopback, table: rc-empty

lirc device: /dev/lirc0

Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6

Enabled protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6

Name: rc-core loopback device

bus: 6, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0001

Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

So it seems meson-ir is not used by the system.

output from lsmod:

LibreELEC-M8S:~ # lsmod

Module Size Used by

hci_uart 41143 1

bluetooth 191493 2 hci_uart

8021q 15927 0

dhd 657022 0

cfg80211 204691 1 dhd

wifi_dummy 737 0

mali 160908 5

Edited 2 times, last by roel: Added some info. (June 5, 2018 at 3:45 PM).

• balbes150

can it be possible you should change

Code
     # Amlogic IR remote support (yes / no)    
    AMREMOTE_SUPPORT="yes"

to

Code
     # Amlogic IR remote support (yes / no)    
    AMREMOTE_SUPPORT="no"

in -> /projects/Amlogic/devices/S812/options

I don't find a CONFIG_MESON_IR line in your linux.arm.conf either. But maybe it shouldn't be set there.

Another possibility is this commit from kszaq:

projects/Amlogic: switch to meson-ir, disable amremote · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@7f343ad · GitHub

-> on your github page it's still there: https://github.com/150balbes/libreelec.tv/blob/amlogic-leia/projects/amlogic/devices/s812/filesystem/usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config

Edited 2 times, last by roel (June 5, 2018 at 8:37 PM).

• Official Post

is the "please_resize_me file" problem resolved? I don't have a Linux machine to resolve this problem.

I think this problem is related to the garbage in your u-boot. Try to install the standard Android firmware from your TV box via USB Built Tool (to clear all the accumulated errors in the internal memory). And then perform the activation of the universal multi-boot.

So it seems meson-ir is not used by the system.

I have not yet published the changes to git that are used to build the latest s812 image. The meson-ir driver is built into the kernel.

can it be possible you should change

Option "amremote" disabled in the settings.

-> on your github page it's still there

Now I will try to remove " remote.conf " and collect a new image.