[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• image 17.6_20171120

balbes150,

I updated via the tar to Libreelec-S812arm_17.6_20171120-LAN_100 (date Nov 23) from the June M8S 8.02 100 LAN build. The update worked with errors (see attachment), but the system booted into LE 17.6. These errors have been consistent with recent updates.

I have had consistent issues with ethernet connectivity since I updated from MXIII_PLUS 17.4 to MXIII_PLUS 17.5. This was the wrong build for my M8S, but the older RC builds seemed to work OK. 17.4 seemed to have OK ethernet connectivity, 17.5 poor connectivity.

Today I was connected to the M8S via ethernet, which worked fine for loading the November 23rd LAN_100 17.6 build into the update file. However, I tested the ethernet connection after updating and booting into LE. The LAN_100 build has the same ethernet problems with intermittent loss/cutting out of the signal. After a few minutes the ethernet finally stopped. I connected to WiFi and the connection has worked properly since without intermittent skipping.

Unfortunately the LAN_100 and the M8S builds from June had the same intermittent signal loss/cutting out on my M8S. I have also tested the MXIII_PLUS builds and they intermittent signal loss/cutting out as well.

Curiously, I tested the ethernet in Android and there was no intermittent skipping.

So I'm not sure what the ethernet problem is, but it not impacting Android.

• Interesting, my variant of the M8S has only allowed the MXIII Plus version to be updated to it since about June 2017. The Lan100 version seems to brick the device outright.

• Interesting, my variant of the M8S has only allowed the MXIII Plus version to be updated to it since about June 2017. The Lan100 version seems to brick the device outright.

I've messed around with flashing so many variations of img.gz and TAR updates that I can't really remember the order. For the current Nov 23 Lan_100, I either loaded the April Lan 100 img.gz to the June Lan 100 TAR and then to the Lan 100 TAR that balbes_150 posted Nov 23, or I flashed the April Lan 100 followed by the M8S June TAR followed by the Nov 23 Lan 100 TAR. I probably did it both ways.

Anyways, I followed 7ups advice that the June updates were the last flashable http://img.gz/TAR updates without error and then flashed the version 17.6 updates that balbes posted on Nov 23. They flashed, but still with the error as shown on my last post #706. Everything seems to run OK.

LibreElec — Yandex.Disk

• balbes150, I found a file dated 24/11/2017 for LAN_100 (see attachment). I'm assuming this is a new attachment, as it is dated today. I downloaded the tar update and flashed it. The same error is occurring as shown in the attachment I posted yesterday - post #706.

If the tar update is new it would be really helpful if you could change the date to reflect the date that the file was posted. I have numerous tar updates with the same file description, different time and date posted.

Thanks again

• I've messed around with flashing so many variations of img.gz and TAR updates that I can't really remember the order. For the current Nov 23 Lan_100, I either loaded the April Lan 100 img.gz to the June Lan 100 TAR and then to the Lan 100 TAR that balbes_150 posted Nov 23, or I flashed the April Lan 100 followed by the M8S June TAR followed by the Nov 23 Lan 100 TAR. I probably did it both ways.

Anyways, I followed 7ups advice that the June updates were the last flashable http://img.gz/TAR updates without error and then flashed the version 17.6 updates that balbes posted on Nov 23. They flashed, but still with the error as shown on my last post #706. Everything seems to run OK.

LibreElec — Yandex.Disk

Do you happen to have a copy of the .IMGs for the mid June builds handy? I'm feeling adventurous.

Also, have you ever encountered the startup job countdown clock on the LibreELEC splash screen when booting? It usually shows its progress for several jobs in 1.5 minute to 4.5 minute increments. I've got one oddball S812 MXIII clone that only seems to take balbes150's builds and it's the only box that I've personally encountered that exhibits this behaviour. I'm guessing it's come up in the tread at some point, but I won't have the time to go through and find out for a few days.

• Do you happen to have a copy of the .IMGs for the mid June builds handy? I'm feeling adventurous.

Also, have you ever encountered the startup job countdown clock on the LibreELEC splash screen when booting? It usually shows its progress for several jobs in 1.5 minute to 4.5 minute increments. I've got one oddball S812 MXIII clone that only seems to take balbes150's builds and it's the only box that I've personally encountered that exhibits this behaviour. I'm guessing it's come up in the tread at some point, but I won't have the time to go through and find out for a few days.

Just click through the yellow folders on the yandex disk page till you see what you want. I believe you should be able to boot from the June images, but the April images are there too -both are labelled 8.02. I'm, not sure about a countdown clock. Can't say I have seen one.

Depending on the box, if you have 1000mps ethernet on it you can check out Demetris's builds. I'm running it on my MXIII-G and it runs well with no errors.
    This is how I got his build to work on my box -#1048 - worked for me. S802/S812-My Instruction Post

For Demetris you will need the img.gz, the nocompat.zip, and the remote.conf. to update to the newest build (tar) after getting the "Enable SD card dual boot" flashed to the box.

LibreElec — Yandex.Disk

Yandex.Disk

Edited once, last by doggyofone (November 27, 2017 at 12:58 PM).

• Hi balbes150, Thank you for update. Loaded LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.6_20171221-MXIII_Plus.img.gz on SD card and inserted into MXIII-G

LibreELEC boots up fine but still getting error messages in log during bootup:

[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules

See ' systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service' for details

• Additional test version in the directory 20171228_test. Changes in the settings of the audio output.

Ignore this error, a portion of the modules included in the kernel.

Anything I should try to test the audio output settings changes?

• Balbes,

your 21/12 build works OK, does even boot from sd. No corrupted file system error.

Regarding the systemd errors on startup, according me these are modules that systemd wants to load, but probably, you integrated them in the kernel and didn't compile them as modules.