[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• The test version for H8X_plus.

Yandex.Disk

I've just installed this build on my Minix X8-H Plus. It works less well than the MXIII_Plus build.

It starts up, once inside Kodi it takes a few minutes for my recently viewed movies to appear.

Going to the LibreElec menu isn't immediately possible (LibreElec settings not ready, try again later).

After a few minutes, I can go into the settings, and under Network, the Wi-Fi option is gone.

And even worse- the LAN is also not working. Going to Connections, it shows a LAN connection, but it doesn't work.

I'm reverting back to the MXIII_Plus build.

• Official Post

I changed the settings and the files for WiFi and BT. Please to those who use image version MXIII_Plus to check the work WiFi and BT. I'm interested in the changes in their work (running or not). The image in the directory 20170605.

What is the best way to update to the latest build, can I just add the image to .update ? Or is more needed because of the change to aml_autoscript

If you have version 17 with KODI you can use a normal update file .tar. Update multi-boot with need for those who have problems running from a USB (when you have to disable all USB devices for the successful launch of LE).

• I changed the settings and the files for WiFi and BT. Please to those who use image version MXIII_Plus to check the work WiFi and BT. I'm interested in the changes in their work (running or not). The image in the directory 20170605.

balbes150

I just tried this update on Minix X8H-Plus you are getting closer with this as now BT Works

after a few restarts BT is still working so thank you for your work for getting this working

as for wifi is says connected but it doesn't work

thanks for trying much appreciated

• Added test image for Minix H8 Plus. There is only one change - applied the patch on the dtb. Surprisingly this version also works with WiFi and BT on my Tronsmart MXIII Plus. Please, Minix H8 plus check for this option (catalogue MinixH8XPlus\20170605).

I have done a clean install of this on Minix X8H-Plus BT works Wifi doesn't work

as soon as you try Wifi it freezes the box have to pull power cord to reboot

on restart BT won't work until you switch off Wifi as soon as Wifi switched off BT works

so in conclusion besides Wifi not working everything else just works great

Thanks again balbes150 for trying to make this work

• balbes150

I've just tried your Minix test build on my Minix X8-H Plus.

Bad news:

- Upon boot-up, when Kodi interface comes up, turning circles on previously played movies and music

- Going to Settings - LibreELEC I get an error message "Settings menu not available, please try again later"

- After a few minutes, I can get to the LibreELEC settings menu. The Wi-Fi option is back, but turning it off and on, I cannot get it to work

- LAN doesn't work, no network

- Wi-Fi doesn't work

- Bluetooth doesn't work

I'm sorry not to be able to agree with Mark2 that we're getting closer - it works less well than the LAN1000 version.

• I've just installed today's (20170605) MKIII_Plus build on the Minix X8-H Plus, works like a charm, except for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 4k.

I'm sticking to this one for the moment.

Another question, regarding X265. As X265 doesn't play with hard-ware decoding, would the option not to use hardware decoding for x265 be an idea? I see there are options for MPEG2, MPEG4 and h264, but not for h265.

• @Acree The version i used was (20170605) MKIII_Plus tar file which is the same as you no Wifi Lan works BT works

I then done a clean install of the (20170605) Minix X8H-Plus No Wifi Lan works as it should

BT works as i connected my Logitech keyboard and used it also after reboot still working

do you have your Minix antenna attached and have you switched on BT in LibreELEC settings

" I'm sorry not to be able to agree with Mark2 that we're getting closer - it works less well than the LAN1000 version"

I think you must be talking about the (20170604) builds as they don't work

• mark2 that's really strange- I'm using the 20170605 build indeed, I have even reinstalled it.

BT is switched on, but when going to the Bluetooth tab in Settings, "No Bluetooth adapter found".

No LAN, no Wi-Fi, which is why I'm now using the MKIII_Plus build of 20170605 which works smooth and with fast LAN at least and otherwise works smoothly.

It is strange that BT is working on your Minix, because both BT and Wi-Fi are on the same AP6335/BCM4339.

• I just want to confirm that the last version (17.3) for MXIII Plus works perfectly installed to internal (eMMC) on MXIII G (2GB+8GB).

In order to help others who want to do the same, procedure was as follows:

1. Multiboot was already enabled (using toothpick method from the first page of this thread)

2. Downloaded img.gz file from the link in the first page (latest version from 02.06.2017)

3. Burned to microSD card using Libreelec burning tool

4. Insert microSD card into TV box and power on.

5. In Libreelec settings enable SSH service

6. in the Libreelec settings find the IP address of your TV box, and write it down.

7. Download Putty (program for SSH) to a PC. There are. others ways to SSH into Libreelec, I used this.

8. In Putty enter the IP address of the TV box you previously wrote down and connect.

9. You will be asked for username and password. Username is root, password is libreelec.

after you have been connected to your TV box with SSH enter command:

installtointernal

confirm with 'yes' when prompted

reboot device

Lan, wifi works. Bluetooth haven't tried since I don't use it. Remote control works without problem.

Device is very quick and responsive.

This is just my experience with MXIII G box. For others boxes it may not work this way.

I would like to thanks balbes150 for his hard work. Thank you very much.

You inspired me to register to this forum and share my experience with other and maybe help someone. I never registered to any forum before.

If there is a way to donate for a beer to developer, I would be glad to. I am sure that the many other users would too.

Best regards.

• Official Post

mark2

Do I understand correctly that the image version Minix 20170605 in the list set visible and available WiFi hotspot ? If you try to connect to Wi-Fi TV box hangs ? You can connect to the LE via SSH and run multiple commands ?

To All

Pay attention - check to run when you run "clean" system (when running from external media). If you try to run through the upgrade of an existing system, very often the old settings interfere to determine exactly where the error is.

• I changed the settings and the files for WiFi and BT. Please to those who use image version MXIII_Plus to check the work WiFi and BT. I'm interested in the changes in their work (running or not). The image in the directory 20170605.

If you have version 17 with KODI you can use a normal update file .tar. Update multi-boot with need for those who have problems running from a USB (when you have to disable all USB devices for the successful launch of LE).

Perfect ! HUGE thanks, successfully upgraded to the 20170602 release on my MXIII Plus last night.

• Official Post

Version MXIII_Plus (20170606). Please test the 4k resolution TV.

I see that many may not know about additional features all the images LE.

1. You can install in the internal memory without using SSH. Enough after verification KODI from external media (if you are satisfied, all the necessary functions and hardware works as it should), choose off menu item "Reboot Install to eMMC". When you restart will automatically install LE in the internal memory (all erase /dev/system and /dev/data).

2. Can be placed in the root of the FAT partition (on external drive) the desired file to the remote control or rename existing (remote.conf). To test the system with these settings remote. If you then run setup (from the menu item "Reboot install to eMMC"), the system will automatically include this file settings remote control the setup process in eMMC.

Pay attention to the old staffing installation options using the SSH, and the location of the settings file remote saved and you can use those modes, which is used to.

For those who want to support the project LE, you can do it on the official site community Lebreelec.