[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• Hi
    New to the forum been following the thread great work by the way to all Devs
    I don't know if this will help on the wifi problem with Minix X8H-Plus
    i opened system folders and the Minix bcm is showing as bcm 4339 not 4335

• Loaded 5/10 8.02 version with .tar file and updated without issue. Now tried updating to 5/13 8.02 version with .tar file and won't boot. Error msg during boot regarding failed Kernel load. Clean install with 5/13. .gz file with dtb installed and working normally.

Edited once, last by 7up (May 14, 2017 at 6:59 AM).

• Official Post

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get this Minix to boot from USB, and had a lot of different suggestions to try.

That is why I bought the sdcard which seems okay. The 04 file boots okay though. Odd

Write what steps you did to activate the multi-boot.

Just an FYI, I can't get anything except the n200 AP firmware to work...

n200 and n200C a different platform

i opened system folders and the Minix bcm is showing as bcm 4339 not 4335

Then it turns out You module 4339 this WIFI module AP6335 (bcm4339) ?

• balbes150, thanks for updating the S812 with Krypton. A question for you, I am running an MXIII-G with Wilro's LE 7.0.1c. His install method included a step where his aml_autoscript was flashed and enabled multi-boot. Dual booting works well with his script.
    This was the original post for his rom - [ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+ - FreakTab.com
    The question is will I be able to flash your LE rom via the toothpick method using his aml_autoscript, or should I go through the process of flashing your aml_autoscript and aml_autoscript.zip?

• About the Wi-Fi issue on the Minix X8-H Plus, why not check this (old) forum with a discussion on how to get Wi-Fi working on this box?
    OPENELEC Minix X8/-H/ Plus | MINIX Forum - Official

From what I read there, the Minix X8-H Plus has:

WIFI CHIP
    Broadcom AP6330

There are also some links to drivers. Too technical for me, but maybe of use?
    Based on that discussion, a working OpenElec build for the Minix was compiled.

• Loaded 5/10 8.02 version with .tar file and updated without issue. Now tried updating to 5/13 8.02 version with .tar file and won't boot. Error msg during boot regarding failed Kernel load. Clean install with 5/13. .gz file with dtb installed and working normally.

are you using a Minix X8H-Plus ?

Which file are you using since there at 4?

usb or sd card

Cheers
    [hr]

Yes wifi module AP6335 >bcm4339

I turned off the box inserted sd card then put a paperclip in the reset.
    Turned on box and when green logo appears released the power button then released paperclip.

The box then booted normally and the next time I turned it on if the sd card is in the slot it boots to the liberlec from sd card.

If I remove the sdcard it boots from internal memory.

The image from May boots no problem, but the newer images give the error.

I have tried to get a usb to boot with the same method but it will not.

I have tried both USB slots, but it always boots from internal memory.

• Are you using SD card ?

Yes.
    I'be tried different SD and it doesn't boot. After minix logo stuck in a black screen and not loading.
    I've tried a MXIII plus image and start fine, but wifi is not stable: sync clock but i cannot connect to kodi respository.

• Playing around with this I discover that if I take the Kernel image from the working image from April and use it on the images from May the boot proceeds. However it stalls because it fails to load kernel modules.

Interesting that the file system corruption error does not appear.

Must be something has changed in the Kernel image?

• Official Post

thanks for updating the S812 with Krypton. A question for you, I am running an MXIII-G with Wilro's LE 7.0.1c. His install method included a step where his aml_autoscript was flashed and enabled multi-boot. Dual booting works well with his script.
    This was the original post for his rom - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...mart-mxiii
    The question is will I be able to flash your LE rom via the toothpick method using his aml_autoscript, or should I go through the process of flashing your aml_autoscript and aml_autoscript.zip?

Need to reactivate the multi-boot.

About the Wi-Fi issue on the Minix X8-H Plus, why not check this (old) forum with a discussion on how to get Wi-Fi working on this box?
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/openel...plus.3342/

From what I read there, the Minix X8-H Plus has:

WIFI CHIP
    Broadcom AP6330

There are also some links to drivers. Too technical for me, but maybe of use?
    Based on that discussion, a working OpenElec build for the Minix was compiled.

Thanks for the links, I will look at them.

You created on the SD card the /boot directory, and suffered in his boot.scr ?

Yes.
    I'be tried different SD and it doesn't boot. After minix logo stuck in a black screen and not loading.
    I've tried a MXIII plus image and start fine, but wifi is not stable: sync clock but i cannot connect to kodi respository.

The latest version of the Minix image behaves the same (does not start) ?

Playing around wit this I discover that if I take the Kernel image from the working image from April and use it on the images from May the boot proceeds.

This may not work because the kernel may not have the overlay of the last patches (which may be invoked by other components).

• [hr]

Need to reactivate the multi-boot.

Thanks for the links, I will look at them.

You created on the SD card the /boot directory, and suffered in his boot.scr ?

The latest version of the Minix image behaves the same (does not start) ?

This may not work because the kernel may not have the overlay of the last patches (which may be invoked by other components).

I use the Librelec USB-SD Creator
    If I use the 04/18 image LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-8.0.2.img everything boots fine
    If I update or start a new install of 05/13 the filesystem corruption error occurs
    Replacing the Kernel image the filesystem corruption error does not occur.