[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• I think the problem on Minix Neo X8-H Plus is with an wrong identification on the dtb. Identified by the LE image is this one:

"dtb 7 soc: m8m2 plat: n200C vari: 2G",

but the correct one for this box should be this:

"dtb 7 soc: m8m2 plat: n200 vari: 2G",

I think. Please note the absence of the letter C after n200.

Edited once, last by MihalacheM (February 27, 2017 at 8:13 AM).

• Thank you all for testing.
    I have a request - when describing the model, be sure to specify chipset. To specify the firmware version (4.4 , 5.1 etc). For those who have not working WiFi - please provide the output of

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

fw_printenv

MINIX NEO X8-H PLUS
    S812H processor
    ANDROID 4.4 Link to latest official firmware: Official X8-H PLUS 011 firmware (20170119) | MINIX Forum - Official

• MINIX NEO X8-H PLUS
    S812H processor
    ANDROID 4.4 Link to latest official firmware: Official X8-H PLUS 011 firmware (20170119) | MINIX Forum - Official

Mine is same device as above, latest firmware etc. Wifi worked ok on the arm 7.0.3.2 version in the LAN1000 folder, just doesnt work on any of the ones ive tried in the Krypton17 folder. Also could install the LAN1000 versions to SDCARD ok, but KRYPTON17 ones only work on USB.

Dont know under what conditions / where im supposed to enter those commands to provide the output of, and wife is currently using the box to listen to her audio books so trying not to interfere right now :D

• I can not even get the newer 8.01 builds to work. Only the 061216 8.00 buiild will startup.
    When I put any 8.01 build in the folder \update on my Minix X8-Plus and reset the player, LibreElect seems to install fine.
    But each time it hangs on the first start-up, during the initializing.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited once, last by Golden Avatar (February 27, 2017 at 5:55 PM).

• I can not even get the newer 8.01 builds to work. Only the 061216 8.00 buiild will startup.
    When I put any 8.01 build in the folder \update on my Minix X8-Plus and reset the player, LibreElect seems to install fine.

What am I doing wrong?

During boot, remove all the usb adapters and let only the usb stick with libreelec plugged in the usb port near the enthernet jack. After boot you can plug in the adapter for airmouse.

• During boot, remove all the usb adapters and let only the usb stick with libreelec plugged in the usb port near the enthernet jack. After boot you can plug in the adapter for airmouse.

An USB-stick with LibreElec? I have only a tar-file, that I put in the folder \update.
    What (files) do I have to put on the USB-stick?

• Thank you all for testing.
    I have a request - when describing the model, be sure to specify chipset. To specify the firmware version (4.4 , 5.1 etc). For those who have not working WiFi - please provide the output of

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

fw_printenv

Balbes, do you have a beer donation link? I would like to send you a few cases. No obligation to make it work, just want to recognize your efforts!

Here is the info you asked for:

S812 with BCM4335

By the way, I found the original firmware, does that help at all or do you have everything you need?

LibreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    P: /devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DRIVER=bcmsdh_sdmmc
    E: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v02D0d4335
    E: SDIO_CLASS=00
    E: SDIO_ID=02D0:4335
    E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio
    E: [email protected]
    E: TAGS=systemd:
    E: USEC_INITIALIZED=16215811
    E: brcm_device=bcm4335c0

Edited once, last by Skripo (February 28, 2017 at 4:14 AM).

• First, balbes150 thank you for your Krypton update and your hard work!

I tested with Beelink iOne (i826). So far, problem are:
    - can't boot from sdcard (I had to force update from libreelec for 802 devices using a .nocompat file)
    - no wifi (chipset AP62x2)
    - 4K/UHD resolution only use the top left quarter of the screen
    - bluetooth device not detected (not really a problem though...)

More info about firmware (dtd from 4.4) and chipsets can be found in post #192

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    Unknown device, --name=, --path=, or absolute path in /dev/ or /sys expected.

I could be great if you could get wifi and 4k woring ;)

• Hi, is there any link for updated MXIIIG builds that we could enter into Libreelec settings?

By the way, I've just installed LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-8.0.1.img.gz, but actual version is 7.0.3! I took this file from you folder KRYPTON-17, I thought it will be with Kodi Krypton, as directory name suggests :)

Anyway it seems to work fine on MXIIIG.

Thank you for your work :)

• Test version 20170228.
    [hr]

I can not even get the newer 8.01 builds to work. Only the 061216 8.00 buiild will startup.

What am I doing wrong?

You need to remove all settings and Addons from the old version, they may interfere with the launch.
    [hr]

Balbes, do you have a beer donation link? I would like to send you a few cases. No obligation to make it work, just want to recognize your efforts!

Sponsor – LibreELEC :)

• hi balbes,

changelog please...

minix neo x8-h (s802-h, android 4.4.2):
    - lan: ok
    - wifi: i can't check it
    - wake from suspend: ok
    - dolby digital 5.1 sound with spdif: not working
    - bluetooth: adapter exits and succesfully connected, but the keyboard is not working
    - cec with samsung tv and soundbar: ok
    - automatically frequency swithching: ok

thanks your work!!!

• Hello,
    First, thx a lot for your work.
    I try to use HD audio on my mx3plus. I used it from android with vidon xbmc player.
    I tried last v7 and v8 from clean install but i can't see the HD audio passthrough checkbox in audio settings. I notice that HDMI is not listed in the output choices. There is only Analog and Spdif choices. However DD and DTS work fine through HDMI.
    Ask if you need some logs.

Edited once, last by sebalo (February 28, 2017 at 6:49 PM).

• Akaso m8s (s812, 2GB RAM, 8 GB Flash): Installed latest Krypto version internally. Works some minutes, then freezes and has to power cycled.
    Probably overheating ? Maybe also fake 2 Ghz like s905x ?

Edited once, last by maxpower (February 28, 2017 at 7:05 PM).