[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• I think I'm still using my original uboot not using balbes150 multi boot, I think thats the reason my lan is working and shutdown isn't lan is still on after shutdown but can't ssh the box or wake up with remote.

Im installing it over twrp how did you install it
    Wich board is your m8s

Edited once, last by PhoenixKopf (February 6, 2017 at 3:18 PM).

• From Android recovery I flashed the update zip from amlinux.ru I flashed LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8S-7.0.2-update.zip. Then from libreelec I copied LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-8.0.0.tar to the .update folder, my board is cs_812m8_v1.2 all libreelec is installed to nand.

• Hi balbes150, thank you for the latest builds. I updated from your prior build by placing LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-7.0.3.3.tar in update folder and rebooted. All looks good so far.

Edited once, last by 7up (February 8, 2017 at 9:18 AM).

• Collected updated version (20170208). Changed the settings the WiFi and BT. On Tronsmart MIII Plus (v 2.2) everything works. Please to those who have the opportunity to check the work WiFi and BT. And write the result on what models work or no WiFi and BT.

ADD
    Added another version of the image for testing, with a modified kernel configuration. If there is a wish to search the directory 20170206/TEST_KERNEL

• Hello Balbes,

your latest build works like a charm from sd on my ENY M8S. It's the first build that works from sd for my ENY. Wifi and wired ethernet works. Didn't test bluetooth though.
    Your image is really nicely build. Didn't test any videos yet. Maybe this evening I will try your image with the new kernel.

dankec,

if you still follow this thread, you should test this build from sd. The previous builds from Balbes didn't work for me. I had the blinking amlogic logo. This works. Just do the toothpick method. As before the amlogic logo will start blinking again. Pull out the power, leave your sd-card in the M8S and put the power back in. My device now started booting from the sd card. BTW - I used the lan 1000 image and everything works, also on a regular M8S.

Edited once, last by roel (February 8, 2017 at 8:36 PM).

• I installed the Krypton version on my M8S, and it works, but it don't support my usb remote control. I can use only it's integrate airmouse, but the build doesn't see the button pression. I've also tried with keymap editor, but it doesn't see the button pression, too.
    I had not this problem with LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8S-7.0.2 from amlinux.

EDIT: Now I installed your 20170208 build and also the usb remote works well.

Edited once, last by bnj86 (February 9, 2017 at 7:02 PM).

• Collected updated version (20170208). Changed the settings the WiFi and BT. On Tronsmart MIII Plus (v 2.2) everything works. Please to those who have the opportunity to check the work WiFi and BT. And write the result on what models work or no WiFi and BT.

ADD
    Added another version of the image for testing, with a modified kernel configuration. If there is a wish to search the directory 20170206/TEST_KERNEL

Loaded LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-7.0.3.3.tar on Tronsmart MXIII (plus?) with GigE LAN. WiFi works great. BT can see devices and I can pair with FireTV remote however it is non-functional.

Edited once, last by 7up (February 9, 2017 at 8:18 PM).

• Balbes,

I tested your build with new kernel configuration and everything on my Eny M8S seems to work. I also can see bleutooth devices altough I didn't try to pair them.
    What I noticed is that it doesn't play dvd from my external dvd-rom. It mounts the DVD but if I try to play them it says "working" and the system hangs until you remove the dvd from the tray.

• Balbes,

I tested your build with new kernel configuration and everything on my Eny M8S seems to work. I also can see bleutooth devices altough I didn't try to pair them.
    What I noticed is that it doesn't play dvd from my external dvd-rom. It mounts the DVD but if I try to play them it says "working" and the system hangs until you remove the dvd from the tray.

1. DVD previously worked ?
    2. What version of LE you are trying to play a DVD ?
    3. What media runs LE (SD or USB or eMMC) ?

• 1. DVD previously worked ?
    2. What version of LE you are trying to play a DVD ?
    3. What media runs LE (SD or USB or eMMC) ?

1) I tried different DVD's. They worked previously. Strang thing is: I don't get the 'play dvd' on the menu, but it mounts in videos -> files. You know with the video_ts dir.
    2) 7.0.3 lan 1000 with your modified kernel.
    3) Did run it from SD, maybe the SD is to slow to handle that? I used a 8gig sandisk extreme pro UHS-1

• Hi,

I have a Beelink i826 (S812, AP62X2 wifi/bluetooth, 2GB RAM, 16 GB Flash). balbes150 firmwares were not working prior the last release (logo-black-logo boot loop). Good news, last release now boots correctly. I tried both versions (regular vs test kernel) of LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-7.0.3.3_20170208.img.xz booting from SD Card.

So far, the good is:
    - it boots!
    - Ethernet is working
    - 1080P resolution is working well
    - 4 CPUs are detected
    - 1776 MB of RAM is reported

The bad is :
    - No wifi (AMPAK AP62X2 chipset)
    - no bluetooth (AMPAK AP6X2 chipset)
    - 4K/UHD resolution only use the top left quarter of the screen

Therefore, my questions are:
    - Is this possible to add support for the AP62X2 chipset (wifi/bluetooth)?
    - How the 4k resolution problem can be fixed?
    - Is there a way to enable the HDMI input of this device in LibreELEC (chipset Silicon Image SIL9293)?
    - Do you plan to release an updated LibreELEC 8 (Krypton) firmware soon?

You can have more detail about device chipsets here : Beelink i one (i826) TV Box: the review | Mediasat English

EDIT
    -----
    Here is the device-tree if it may help:
    - DTB as extracted from boot.img from Android 4.4 release : dtb.img
    - DTD as extracted from firmware image (using Amlogic CustomizationTool) : meson8_k200b_2G_sdhc_hdmiin.dtd

Thank you for your great work!

Edited once, last by jefflessard (February 13, 2017 at 7:14 PM).

• Has anyone had issues playing HVEC videos? I get some serious white pixelation when playing them. I have an M8S with S812 2G/16G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same here, with the same device.

Edited once, last by bnj86 (February 14, 2017 at 4:42 AM).

• Which version exactly did you put on M8S+?
    Is it possible to import KODI 16.1 settings into 17?

dankec, "LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-8.0.0-update.zip" is the version I flashed on my M8S+.
    Thats all I did until now. First I want to have my RC working again before I try something else