7.0.2.007 build for S905

• LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007 not show temperature processor in kodi what needs to be done?

Also not works on 7.0.2.008

Command used to fetch the temperature not is working as expected (tested on S905X)

Was working on previous versions?

Code
    LibreELEC:/sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0 # cat temp 
    cat: read error: Invalid argument

LibreELEC:/sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0 # cputemp 
     C

Maybe a kernel issue?

• So how do I update to the newest version (008)? does it work like libreelec on an x86 system (booting into libre and then put the newest version into the updatefolder)?

Which version do i have to use?LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.zip

Link #1

Read and choose your device tree carefully. Both img.gz and renamed device tree must be copied to update folder and then reboot.
    [hr]

Also not works on 7.0.2.008

Command used to fetch the temperature not is working as expected (tested on S905X)

Was working on previous versions?

Code
    LibreELEC:/sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0 # cat temp 

LibreELEC:/sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0 # cputemp 
     C

Maybe a kernel issue?

Maybe read changelog Known issues:
    Before posting what is known already.

[hr]

"Power on" is hard coded to work with original remote. U-Boot etc.
    Best chase the remote.conf for your particular box.

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 18, 2016 at 10:25 AM).

• Hello...

I have an Android TV box, Mini M8S II with Amlogic S905X and i have erased Android and installed in NAND the latest version of LibreEELC 7.0.2.008 with Kodi Pulse CCM latest version...

Everything is alright and working fine (CEC, passthrough, remote etc.) except that the box freezes at random times...

I have tried to check if the temperature is the reason for this with no effect... I changed the thermal pad, i even opened the bottom of the box so the heat goes out more easily with no results...

Every time i see an episode of 50 minutes the box will freeze at least once (two times is very rare)... The odd thing is that it does not happen at the start but from the middle to the end of the episode, that is 30+ minutes after the start... Also sometimes (again rarely) this happens when i am in Kodi menu...

Does anybody has any idea why this is happening? Is it LibreELEC or the box itself?

Thank you in advance for your help...

Best regards...

• Get us a logfile

Tell us where those movies you play are stored? Is it locally on a NAS or an attached HDD or are we talking about internet streams? Be aware, that we don´t support video streaming addons that provide pirated content. If you have issues with them, please ask those where you get the addon from.

If we are not talking about video addons, then please share the logfile with us:

HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

• I had this. Issue the only thing I could do was put a fake update.zip (any zip file) on you sdcard and then use the android update program, choose your take zip and let it reboot. It will then boot from the sdcard, after that it will boot done without doing the update trick.

Craig

Hello please HELP ME!!! i tried everything but nothing works.
    I can't access Android update program.
    My box start on Android but freeze after boot. I tried reset button, USB , sd, USB cable to PC nothing works i can't enter in recovery mode. Please please please can you help. Me????
    Thanks soooooooo much

• i tried everything but nothing works.

Hi sarumans
    I know you are new but seriously.
    You tried everything and we are supposed to know what that is ?
    We don't even know the box specs of this MXQ.
    Don't post a link to the sellers site either.
    Take your time and write the steps you have taken. :s

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 19, 2016 at 7:24 AM).

• Get us a logfile

Tell us where those movies you play are stored? Is it locally on a NAS or an attached HDD or are we talking about internet streams? Be aware, that we don´t support video streaming addons that provide pirated content. If you have issues with them, please ask those where you get the addon from.

If we are not talking about video addons, then please share the logfile with us:

HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

Hello and thank you for your reply...

I do not use any addons, videos are stored in a NAS and played from Kodi library...

I will get the Kodi logfile and send it as soon as possible...

Best regards...

• Hi,

I just wanted to chime in that booting LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz worked fine on my 1G RAM MXQ Pro 4K with device tree gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb from 7.0.2.007, using USB port 4. My box is reset handicapped so I used the update method from Android and it booted to LE fine and everything seems to work out of the box.

The only thing within the short amount of testing was that navigating menus was choppy, starting a video clip took ~30s, stopping and starting a new one seemed to crash the box. I might account this to the miserable SD card I was using, so this isn't a complaint... 720p and 1080p seemed to work fine otherwise, there might be an issue with subtitle overlay making video stutter but I'll need to look into it more.

All in all awesome work and I hope I can help out ironing out any problems with these boxes as they are fantastic value for the $$$.

Oh, and sorry if this has been answered somewhere already, is there a reliable way to boot to recovery/boot off SD/USB in case internal flash gets stuffed (as my reset switch doesn't work)? I've seen some reports of shorting NAND pins with alternating results so it would be good to know before deciding to flash, otherwise I'll just run it off a decent SD card I suppose.

Cheers

• I just wanted to chime in that booting LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz worked fine on my 1G RAM MXQ Pro 4K with device tree gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb from 7.0.2.007

You should have used the 7.0.2.008 device tree.
    You have made an error with the tree version.

• You should have used the 7.0.2.008 device tree.
    You have made an error with the tree version.

The is no gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb for 7.0.2.008, so I thought I'd have a better chance of success with a tree that has been labelled for that particular device. What is the equivalent for mxq_pro_4k at version 7.0.2.008?

• The is no gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb for 7.0.2.008, so I thought I'd have a better chance of success with a tree that has been labelled for that particular device. What is the equivalent for mxq_pro_4k at version 7.0.2.008?

7.0.2.008 might very well work with 7.0.2.007 gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb
    Equivalent at version 7.0.2.008, I would guess one of
    gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb
    gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb
    gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    depending on if you have 100M or 1G ethernet, and, depending on if you have RealtekWiFi or not.

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (October 24, 2016 at 10:34 PM).