7.0.2.007 build for S905

• Vodkaneat,

When ya have Libreelec running from the SD do ya control which buttons via the reset button?

Would be cool if we could have a dual boot screen, which I'm guessing with libreelec bootloader will be doable.

Latic

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I prepare a bootable SD as per kszaq's instructions, insert and reboot using the toothpick method. LE boots, does some magic and reboots. This reboot will hang for me admittedly, but if I power off and on, the box will automatically boot from SD from this point onwards, no toothpick needed. My box has no buttons, that's all there is.

Personally I wouldn't want a boot time selector. It's so easy to just unplug a SD/ USB, a selector would just slow the boot process for no real advantage I can see.

I guess we've gone off topic now anyway, these things should probably be in the General Discussion thread as they're not 007 specific.

• (This step is not needed when you have Android on internal memory) Download Android firmware for your box - you should get it from manufacturer or seller - and extract 2 files: recovery.img and dtb.img to your SD card.

If you change the name of the dtb file for recovery, such as "recovery.dtb" and change the variables in the load script Recovery. Can have both dtb files on an external drive. From LE immediately restart in Recovery mode.

• If you change the name of the dtb file for recovery, such as "recovery.dtb" and change the variables in the load script Recovery. Can have both dtb files on an external drive. From LE immediately restart in Recovery mode.

In that case user would have to load the script before entering recovery = another 1000 questions how to do that.

• I have Beelink M18, I put andoir on it (MX64_105L1.img) and then tried to put the 007 version on usb card and added the dtb file from here:
    LibreELEC

I tried the recovery option with the 2 full usb, and one otg port, but it does not load libreelec
    it says it is waiting for adb sideload, but does not boot (it goes to recovery every time, so no issue there).

Has anyone tried this version on M18?

• @ kszaq How do I know which to select?

Tried with many on sd card, nothing works (figured if any thing should work, booting from sd card would be the one).

Cannot get it to work

Edited once, last by alon24 (September 21, 2016 at 9:10 PM).

• After trying all the varieties of device tree files as well as trying to customize my own based on my android firmware dtb.img - it seems I still can't get wifi to show any networks. The device is a Videostrong KII Pro that seems to have different/newer hardware than the common KII Pro devices that are out there.

Looking at the logs, it appears that there is a power issue with the wifi on sdio.

log-2016-09-21-20.47.57.zip

I just wanted to make sure that the BCM4335 on SDIO should be supported under the 007 build before I continue to experiment.
    Thanks!

• Hello,

since I'm running LE 7.02.007 on my Beelink Mini MXIII (sd-card), the calibration of the monitor changes after reeboot. After recalibration, it often works only until the next reboot. I didn't had this problems with former versions, Any idea?

Cheers
    Mark

Gesendet von meinem H60-L04 mit Tapatalk

• Does anyone have any info on the KIII Amlogic S905 TV BOX ?
    It seems to be a similar spec to the Beelink MiniMX, does anyone know if it can run these LE builds?

Best thing to do is download the LiveSD / USB image burn it to a SD/USB and then place it into your device.

If you have android running at the moment it'll have anything it needs to run.

• Hello,

since I'm running LE 7.02.007 on my Beelink Mini MXIII (sd-card), the calibration of the monitor changes after reeboot. After recalibration, it often works only until the next reboot. I didn't had this problems with former versions, Any idea?

Cheers
    Mark

Gesendet von meinem H60-L04 mit Tapatalk

Sounds like the problem I have (using Beelink MX64).

Rebooting from within Kodi, then the edges are cut off. I find that as soon as I play back any video (even for 1 second), the screen corrects itself until the next 'soft' reboot.
    However, turning off, unplugging and powering on works fine.

This behaviour is the same for both NAND and SD.

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (September 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM).

• Does anyone have any info on the KIII Amlogic S905 TV BOX ?
    It seems to be a similar spec to the Beelink MiniMX, does anyone know if it can run these LE builds?

Or maybe it's known as a K3, since I see people talking of K1s and K2s ?

• Is Kszaq doing active development regarding new release? Or is he simply fed up of 1000 questions?
    What should we take it as Mr.Kszaq?

I would take it as Kszaq is doing something beneficial to many, as always.
    Why would you suspect anything else?

• Hi, I Have Tested new build on Mini M8S (s905 2GB RAM, 8GB eMMC) connected through HDMI to My Samsung Full HD LCD TV 32" (LA32D550).
    I use DTB -> gxbb_p200_2G_m8s+_k3_pro.dtb

Tested from Micro SD card SDHC Samsung 8GB Class 6,
    WiFi works...
    LAN i don't know, i only use Wifi.
    My Keyboard and Mouse Wireless Logitech MK260 works...
    Playback also works, tested some h265 and Anime Hi10p 1080p FLAC from UTW, with heavy subtitle effect (Aegis Soft Substitle).
    I can streaming from my NAS ( TPLink MR3220 + ddwrt + 3GB HDD External )

It just Remote Control doesn't work.

Great work, thanks for all effort, even in this state playback is much better than with Kodi 16.1 on Android 5.1.
    In Android, only 3 CPU Core, but in LibreELEC it can use 4 CPU Core,
    and help alot for playing Anime Hi10p 10bit with heavy subtitle effect, it play smooth.

Thanks a lot....

Edit: after reading this LibreELEC
    I Solved the Remote Problem.
    I Browse Android System using ES File, then Copy Remote.conf and put it on my Kubuntu Laptop.
    Then, I Mount LibreELEC MicroSD to My Kubuntu Laptop, mount /media/DISK/
    Copy Remote.cof to /media/DISK/.config/
    Then i put back MicroSD to My Mini M8S, and plug the power, and now my Remote is working.
    ^^

Edited once, last by sukanime (September 24, 2016 at 9:11 AM).