7.0.2.007 build for S905

• Just installed latest test build: 20160915
    Feels like audio is better handled when using amcodec.
    It's not perfect yet, I can hear some distorsions using usbaudio.
    But it seems it's better now.
    I need some time to test things further. I guess I'll have a better view on this at the end of the weekend.

• Thanks Troggy

I did try and use the instructions from that thread. I downloaded both the ROM and also the TWRP file that I renamed recovery.img. I put the recovery.img file on a formatted sd card and stuck it in my box....I pulled the power cord, then did toothpick and then whilst toothpick was pressed I put the power cable back in.......nothing happened other than my TV screen going black.

cheers

• Sometimes the toothpick method doesn't work on my boxes. When this happens I use the Amilogic USB Burning Tool and a usb-to-usb cable to flash it back to original Android.

Hey,

So ya flash back to the original firmware, which gets toothpick working again and then go ahead with the SDCard install?

I've got the rest of my boxes flashed, just got a stubborn MXQ PRO 4k that gets to the boot screen if you have the "Live" SD card in when turning on OR if i try to boot to SD Card with the NAND install version, it just ignores it.

• Thanks Troggy

I did try and use the instructions from that thread. I downloaded both the ROM and also the TWRP file that I renamed recovery.img. I put the recovery.img file on a formatted sd card and stuck it in my box....I pulled the power cord, then did toothpick and then whilst toothpick was pressed I put the power cable back in.......nothing happened other than my TV screen going black.

cheers

All I can really say is it took me a few goes to get the toothpick right - make sure you can feel the switch being pressed down / released.
    Have you looked at the files in the Beelink forum as an alternative? There are how-to videos, a link to the usb burning tool, firmware downloads - and no TWRP.

It's hard to say why it's not working for you - because all I had to do was follow the instructions in the thread I linked to.

• Hey,

So ya flash back to the original firmware, which gets toothpick working again and then go ahead with the SDCard install?

I've got the rest of my boxes flashed, just got a stubborn MXQ PRO 4k that gets to the boot screen if you have the "Live" SD card in when turning on OR if i try to boot to SD Card with the NAND install version, it just ignores it.

Thanks alot guys...USB burning tool worked spot on. All working very well. Cheers

• Hey,

Yea I've got a MXQ PRO 4k also. It will run v5 but this new v7 I can't get onto nand. A bootable USB v7 runs great, installtointernal leaves me frozen on the boot logo same as you. I've gone back to v5 for now.

Edited once, last by Vodkaneat (September 16, 2016 at 7:59 PM).

• My Videostrong KII Pro (2G/16G) seems to use the Broadcom 4329/30 wifi chipset. I've tried most of the dtb files that are in the downloads for 006 and 007 but can't get wifi to work. I do have ethernet when using gxbb_p200_2G_mini_mxg_2_16.dtb or gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb

Is there an existing dtb for this setup or should I try to track down an android update file?

Also - just to make sure - is the Broadcom 4239/30 supported in 007?

• Keks,

Mines a bit of a different problem as I cant get it to boot off an SD Card and it wont go into recovery with the pin press!

I had the same problem. Put any .zip file on you sdcard then in android go into the updater,choose manual, choose your zip file on the sdcard and let it reboot. It worked for me, I left libreElec on the sdcard.

Craig

• Keks,

Mines a bit of a different problem as I cant get it to boot off an SD Card and it wont go into recovery with the pin press!

I can help you with that mate!! I have a generic firmware that has a good recovery partition on it, and it lets you boot of USB and SD Card.
    Its the only firmware i have found that lets you do that.
    Il dig out the link for you.

• I had the same problem. Put any .zip file on you sdcard then in android go into the updater,choose manual, choose your zip file on the sdcard and let it reboot. It worked for me, I left libreElec on the sdcard.

Craig

Craig, I went for all or nothing and installed version 5 onto nand :D
    [hr]

I can help you with that mate!! I have a generic firmware that has a good recovery partition on it, and it lets you boot of USB and SD Card.
    Its the only firmware i have found that lets you do that.
    Il dig out the link for you.

Akhems, that'd be really great.

The strange thing is Libreelec has boot directly from SD / USB for every other device i have.

This one will freeze at the s905 image with an SD Card and refuses to boot to USB in any of the ports (will just load the libreelec nand).

When I have android images on the disk it just ignores the pin push and boots to nand.

If your image doesn't work I think I'll just give it away

Edited once, last by latic (September 17, 2016 at 12:04 AM).

• My Videostrong KII Pro (2G/16G) seems to use the Broadcom 4329/30 wifi chipset. I've tried most of the dtb files that are in the downloads for 006 and 007 but can't get wifi to work. I do have ethernet when using gxbb_p200_2G_mini_mxg_2_16.dtb or gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb

Is there an existing dtb for this setup or should I try to track down an android update file?

Also - just to make sure - is the Broadcom 4239/30 supported in 007?

According to my information, KII Pro uses BCM4335. Don't make guesses, use a proper device tree and post a log if WiFi doesn't work.

• There ya go mate.

MK808B_PRO_S905_NCR_15_1_20160506.zip

Worked for me. Use USB Burning tool.
    any issues give me a shout. Took me 3 days to sort mine out, but least i've learnt a lot ;)
    [hr]

There ya go mate.

http://freak-tab.de/neomode/MK808B_PRO_S...160506.zip

Worked for me. Use USB Burning tool.
    any issues give me a shout. Took me 3 days to sort mine out, but least i've learnt a lot ;)

Edited once, last by akhems (September 17, 2016 at 1:36 PM).

• For my KII Pro, if I use the gxbb_p200_k2_pro.dtb neither the wifi or lan work. If I use the others mentioned earlier...lan works.

Here is the log when running gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb: log-2016-09-17-15.42.44.zip

When running gxbb_p200_k2_pro.dtb there doesn't seem to be an updated logfile being generated. And since I can't access the network, I can't ssh to run dmesg. Also, the time resets on every reboot (which I guess makes sense since there is no network). Is there a reason the logfile wouldn't generate?

As for the Broadcom 4239/30 report - that came out of the Android Spec Device app:

You'll see that the installed firmware is from an M8S+ 4K - hence my belief that different hardware may have been used in this Videostrong KII Pro. Of course, this app may just be reporting back what the firmware is telling it. According to Videostrong, the wifi/bluetooth is the AP6335. I'm still awaiting the firmware or dtb.img file from them...hopefully on Monday.