Most addons not playing videos

• Most addons I tried on RPi3 Kodi/LibreElec do not play videos correctly (general error message or stuttering playback).

I am using Kodi on other devices with the same settings without these problems.

Is there a generic codec or something else that needs to be installed or other settings that need to be changed specifically on RPi3?

• So far I tried the following addons (mostly German channels):

7TV - lists work, videos simply don't start playing and cursor returns to list

ARD Mediathek - buffering very slow, video stuttering

Dailymotion.com - works perfectly

Eurosport Player - slow buffering, scrolling and other input, video stuttering

MySpass.de - works perfectly

TV Now - lists work, videos simply don't start playing and cursor returns to list

YouTube - lists work, videos appear to start playing but nothing to be seen and sound plays for a few seconds, then cancels

ZDF Mediathek - lists work, videos simply don't start playing and cursor returns to list

All of these addons work perfectly fine on other devices without changing any of the settings (just like I tried with the RPi3).

Also, in general the system reacts very laggy most of the time while playing videos. Performance is much worse than an old PC with similar specs or even the crappy 1st generation Fire TV stick.

Videos via USB work.

Edited once, last by bartkauz (February 25, 2019 at 3:39 PM).

• Is you RPi3 using wifi or ethernet ?

You said you use Kodi on other devices but you didn't say what devices or with what OS (Windows or Libreelec) ?

Do you have any problems playing local media (connected via USB) ?

• Wifi and Ethernet deliver the same results.

Also, the other devices are connected via wifi as well without problems. So far I've tried a Windows 7 PC and the aforementioned Fire TV stick.

Local media work without problems.

• No VPN or alike. Log file here:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 2019-03-03 09:19:14.404 T:1937141280 NOTICE: ADDON: superrepo.kodi.krypton.repositories v0.7.04 installed

Kindly remove all piracy related crap from your LibreELEC device BEFORE asking support on this forum.

Not really sure what you mean. None of the addons I installed have anything to do with piracy.

• Official Post

None of the addons I installed have anything to do with piracy.

LibreELEC follows Kodi's list of banned builds, wizards, repositories and add-ons, which are known to facilitate video piracy. Such repositories don't come bigger than Superrepo. They also do not auto-install themselves.

So again, remove any superrepo related add-ons & modules as well as the superrepo repository itself from your LibreELEC setup, in order to continue the request for support as per forum rules (which you agreed to during your registration).

• LibreELEC follows Kodi's list of banned builds, wizards, repositories and add-ons, which are known to facilitate video piracy. Such repositories don't come bigger than Superrepo. They also do not auto-install themselves.

So again, remove any superrepo related add-ons & modules as well as the superrepo repository itself from your LibreELEC setup, in order to continue the request for support as per forum rules (which you agreed to during your registration).

I have read through the rules I agreed to during registration, and found nothing of this sort. Please show me the part that says so.

The repositories I installed all contain addons with legal content that I intend to use. And I do not use any of them for illegal purposes.

Saying that a repo itself is "banned" or alike, because it is possible to use it for video piracy, would mean that LibreElec itself would have to be treated the same way. It is possible to use any device for illegal stuff, but I don't do this, so I do not see the point in removing anything (unless you can actually show me the forum rule that states otherwise).

• I have read through the rules I agreed to during registration, and found nothing of this sort. Please show me the part that says so.

The repositories I installed all contain addons with legal content that I intend to use. And I do not use any of them for illegal purposes.

Saying that a repo itself is "banned" or alike, because it is possible to use it for video piracy, would mean that LibreElec itself would have to be treated the same way. It is possible to use any device for illegal stuff, but I don't do this, so I do not see the point in removing anything (unless you can actually show me the forum rule that states otherwise).

you are fighting a losing battle, either get rid of them, or get no more help. The choice is yours

• For your viewing pleasure, from LibreELEC's forum rules:

Piracy Policy

• Discussions regarding the piracy or theft of copyrighted materials will not be tolerated
    • Forum staff and users will refuse support to other users who have piracy add-ons installed
    • LibreELEC references the Kodi team list of piracy repositories and add-ons
    • We are not fans of tools (e.g. torrent clients, NBZ suites) that are used to acquire copyrighted materials
    • We are not fans of discussion on VPN services used to hide piracy or bypass geolocking

We are not telling you what to do with your LibreELEC setup, but we (Teams Kodi & LibreELEC) choose to not offer support or allow discussion regarding video piracy on our forums. It's the principle, it's nothing personal.

• Not really sure what you mean. None of the addons I installed have anything to do with piracy.

While that might be basically true, we have a clear stance on that:

Forum Rules

See the : Piracy Policy

In the end, it's pretty simple. As long as any of those banned add-ons and repos are installed, you won't get any kind of support in here. That's what the rules say. Either deal with it or don't. I don't mind. But don't expect help while those are installed.

You won't blame Firefox as well, only because of its possibility to reach grey-zone media. So you can't also blame Kodi for it to be able to contain banned repos. Anyway, it's our forum and we decide what we support and what not. Please read the rules you accepted and stop attacking staff.

• For your viewing pleasure, from LibreELEC's forum rules:

Piracy Policy

• Discussions regarding the piracy or theft of copyrighted materials will not be tolerated
    • Forum staff and users will refuse support to other users who have piracy add-ons installed
    • LibreELEC references the Kodi team list of piracy repositories and add-ons
    • We are not fans of tools (e.g. torrent clients, NBZ suites) that are used to acquire copyrighted materials
    • We are not fans of discussion on VPN services used to hide piracy or bypass geolocking

We are not telling you what to do with your LibreELEC setup, but we (Teams Kodi & LibreELEC) choose to not offer support or allow discussion regarding video piracy on our forums. It's the principle, it's nothing personal.

I did not see this, as it is a thread posted in the forum and not shown automatically during or after registration.

While that might be basically true, we have a clear stance on that:

Forum Rules

See the : Piracy Policy

In the end, it's pretty simple. As long as any of those banned add-ons and repos are installed, you won't get any kind of support in here. That's what the rules say. Either deal with it or don't. I don't mind. But don't expect help while those are installed.

You won't blame Firefox as well, only because of its possibility to reach grey-zone media. So you can't also blame Kodi for it to be able to contain banned repos. Anyway, it's our forum and we decide what we support and what not. Please read the rules you accepted and stop attacking staff.

See above, I find it irritating that I have to look for a forum post called "forum rules" instead of getting this information automatically. Now that I understand your policy, I will post another log without the repo you objected.

But what I really contradict is your implication that I attacked the staff. When did I do that? As far as I see, this is a discussion or difference of opinion, but nothing personal has been expressed by me or anyone else.