Posts by bartkauz

Sorry but this doesn't make any sense. There are no licenses for uploads of non-corporate videos and this isn't worth any more effort on my part.

You falsely accuse me of having illegal addons installed. There can't be any proof for your accusation because it simply is not true.

If you refuse to provide support based on this irrational assumption, that is up to you. I can only say that this disappoints me, try to work out my issue on my own and in the end probably switch to another OS.

Would like to, but how do you prove that something is legal? I always assumed everything is legal except when some law states otherwise.

Shouldn't it be the other way around - proof required when claiming that something is illegal?

The end of the log should be right when the error occured:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, did not help. Interestingly, all other devices in the network (Windows PCs, Android devices and other types) are all unaffected. Only the RPis have this problem.

What I also found out: Not only streaming is affected. Copying larger files always fails within a few minutes. It looks like the connection drops every now and then.

Using LE 9.2.6 on several RPi4s with a stable network connection (tried both cable and wifi), I am facing recurring playback/connection issues. After running stable for several months and without any changes to settings, the past few days it was impossible to stream videos with any of the addons (Amazon, Netflix, Joyn, DAZN ect.) without running into buffering issues every few seconds, even at 480p. The interface itself is not stuck (remote works), but network seems to be down, as input over Kodi remote / Yatse does not respond or is much delayed. Very frustrating as the identical configuration was working fine for a while, but it is not the first time I am facing this exact same problem and have no permanent solution - or any solution at all except waiting for the issue to go away.

So you mean that up- and downgrading the system is necessary to install the newer ISA version while keeping all addons alive? Also, the posting said that buffering issues remained after doing this. Are those issues really gone after downgrading again with the latest libwidevine update?

Thank you very much for your support!

What really makes me wonder is that this isn't THE top issue for the whole community. I tried several more addons using ISA and none of them run without buffering issues, even at 640p. This pretty much renders Libreelec widely useless on any Rpi3, which isn't exactly a brand new device. How can this not be more of, like "point of interest"? :/

Hi there,

since yesterday, the Sky Go addon does not start streams anymore (Kodi Leia on RPi3). Has been running without problems for months and nothing was changed in the configuration.

Anyone else having this problem at the moment?

I second this issue. First I thought that it was a problem with several addons, but on version 9.0.1 every single one has buffering issues. Impossible to watch even 5 minutes without stuttering/stopping. Tried a dozen of different versions of advancedsettings.xml, changed to a lower resolution etc. - nothing works.

It did uninstall the SPECIALrepo, as it does not show up in the repository list any longer. I don't know about other traces in the log, but since I did just install the latest version a few days ago, this can't be the problem.

I also tried ARD again after the latest update and it appears to be working now. For an example of a Mediathek that doesn't, I've still got the same problem with WDR (also the same behaviour as Maxdome).

Would you rather have something automatically, like a traffic sign "in your face" telling you what to do or not do, every time you type a new post?

I don't think anyone wants that. A bit of common sense goes a long way.

I do find it confusing that a moderator points me to rules that I have supposedly "agreed to during registration", and there is nothing to be found in either the registration disclaimer or the confirmation email. My common sense does not tell me to look through the forum for additional information on regulations when it doesn't say so anywhere. I expect "rules that I need to agree to" to be displayed or hinted at some point of the process.

Anyways, I think we have now come to a point where all arguments are on the table and it is time to get back to the original topic. I have uninstalled superrepo and created a new log. For example, the Maxdome addon does not play videos at all (directly returns to list upon playback start), Several others are still laggy or don't play videos either.

New log file:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For your viewing pleasure, from LibreELEC's forum rules:

Piracy Policy

• Discussions regarding the piracy or theft of copyrighted materials will not be tolerated
    • Forum staff and users will refuse support to other users who have piracy add-ons installed
    • LibreELEC references the Kodi team list of piracy repositories and add-ons
    • We are not fans of tools (e.g. torrent clients, NBZ suites) that are used to acquire copyrighted materials
    • We are not fans of discussion on VPN services used to hide piracy or bypass geolocking

We are not telling you what to do with your LibreELEC setup, but we (Teams Kodi & LibreELEC) choose to not offer support or allow discussion regarding video piracy on our forums. It's the principle, it's nothing personal.

I did not see this, as it is a thread posted in the forum and not shown automatically during or after registration.

While that might be basically true, we have a clear stance on that:

Forum Rules

See the : Piracy Policy

In the end, it's pretty simple. As long as any of those banned add-ons and repos are installed, you won't get any kind of support in here. That's what the rules say. Either deal with it or don't. I don't mind. But don't expect help while those are installed.

You won't blame Firefox as well, only because of its possibility to reach grey-zone media. So you can't also blame Kodi for it to be able to contain banned repos. Anyway, it's our forum and we decide what we support and what not. Please read the rules you accepted and stop attacking staff.

See above, I find it irritating that I have to look for a forum post called "forum rules" instead of getting this information automatically. Now that I understand your policy, I will post another log without the repo you objected.

But what I really contradict is your implication that I attacked the staff. When did I do that? As far as I see, this is a discussion or difference of opinion, but nothing personal has been expressed by me or anyone else.

LibreELEC follows Kodi's list of banned builds, wizards, repositories and add-ons, which are known to facilitate video piracy. Such repositories don't come bigger than Superrepo. They also do not auto-install themselves.

So again, remove any superrepo related add-ons & modules as well as the superrepo repository itself from your LibreELEC setup, in order to continue the request for support as per forum rules (which you agreed to during your registration).

I have read through the rules I agreed to during registration, and found nothing of this sort. Please show me the part that says so.

The repositories I installed all contain addons with legal content that I intend to use. And I do not use any of them for illegal purposes.

Saying that a repo itself is "banned" or alike, because it is possible to use it for video piracy, would mean that LibreElec itself would have to be treated the same way. It is possible to use any device for illegal stuff, but I don't do this, so I do not see the point in removing anything (unless you can actually show me the forum rule that states otherwise).

No VPN or alike. Log file here: