Plex Media Server on LibreELEC

• Thanks to @tnds82 for the great work with the plugin. Will there be any update for the plugin to Plex Media Server 1.17.x? That version supports nVidia hardware accelerated decode on Linux now.

Update: I saw that the plugin has updated Plex to 1.17.x but now hardware accelerated transcoding isn't working at all with my Intel CPU or my nVidia card. Before it was working perfectly with the CPU. Is there a way to revert to 1.16.x?

Edited once, last by happyshow (October 3, 2019 at 9:38 PM).

• @tnds82, is your repository down? I tried the LibreElec.zip, and that failed to install on Kodi. The CoreElec.zip installed fine, but when I attempt to connect, I get an error saying "Could not connect to repository."

If this repository is down, is there another way to install PMS on a RPi3 running LibreElec Kodi?

Thanks in advance!

• i am having the same problem. cannot connect to the repo. tnds82 has last been online october 2019 so...

can somebody push me in the right direction what's currently the optimal way to set up a Plex Server on a LibreElec Rpi4? Any help would be much appreciated

• i am having the same problem. cannot connect to the repo. tnds82 has last been online october 2019 so...

can somebody push me in the right direction what's currently the optimal way to set up a Plex Server on a LibreElec Rpi4? Any help would be much appreciated

You can give the docker addon a try. You can install it from the linuxserver.io repo

• You can give the docker addon a try. You can install it from the linuxserver.io repo

thank you for the reply , i will try that some time down the road.

in the meantime i got impatient and just went with the emby server which works out of the box for me

• Hello,

I am a little confused with the loads of info in this thread. I am not sure whether it is possible to install the Plex media server on my setup:

Cuboxtv (iMX6)

LibreELEC 8.0.2

Kodi 17.3

The links from hugepants from the first post are broken links, the repo from tnds82 throws an error when trying to install it ("the dependency on ... could not be satisfied") and the LinuxServer.io repo shows 0% all the time when trying to install it. I do not know which path I can follow to get the PMS working.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

• If it's armv7, then the linuxserver one should work. But keep in mind that it first needs to install the docker service addon, which may take a little while.

• If it's armv7, then the linuxserver one should work. But keep in mind that it first needs to install the docker service addon, which may take a little while.

Thank you for your reply. After some tries it did install with linuxserver. However, I am not able to reach the GUI interface, I get the following error:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I do not even know whether it is properly running or not. How could I check it out make it work? Any hint?

Thank you again!

• See here for troubleshooting steps: LinuxServer.io docker addons and general docker info

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I read that page yesterday before asking here, but unfortunately I did not get any hint to solve my problem. It is not clear to me whether the docker image is running (from that link it seems it is just running while it is enabled). And if it is like that, then I still don't know how to access to the GUI with the browser.

• Thank you for your reply. Yes, I read that page yesterday before asking here, but unfortunately I did not get any hint to solve my problem. It is not clear to me whether the docker image is running (from that link it seems it is just running while it is enabled). And if it is like that, then I still don't know how to access to the GUI with the browser.

From that page:

• By ssh'ing in. If you're on Windows, I recommend putty. Ssh settings are in the libreelec settings

I did not realised I could SSH. I have tried and it seems it does not even load the docker:

Any further hint would be appreciated. Thank you!

PS: Kernel version is 3.14.79 if this helps.

• I did not realised I could SSH. I have tried and it seems it does not even load the docker:

Any further hint would be appreciated. Thank you!

PS: Kernel version is 3.14.79 if this helps.

Don't try to manually start dockerd service. Reboot your device and do "docker ps -a". Post the result here.

• Don't try to manually start dockerd service. Reboot your device and do "docker ps -a". Post the result here.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, sorry, I first tried that command and the output was this:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # docker ps -a
    Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

That's why I tried further commands.