Auto connect bluetooth headphones

• Hi. I'm wondering if LibreELEC is able to auto connect bluetooth headphones on the latest version or if there's some way to get this functionality.

I own multiple boxes (Beelink, Sunvell, WeTek Play 2) and they're all able to auto connect my bluetooth headphones when using their stock firmware. However, this feature isn't present on any version of LibreELEC, OpenELEC, or any other 3rd party OS/firmware.

What I mean by "auto connect" is this: after I pair my headphones with the TV box I'm able to turn iton and the box automatically connects to it, it switches the current audio output to the headphones, then after turning the headphones off it automatically switches back to the original output.

On LibreELEC none of that seems to happen automatically. I have to go through the menus and manually connect the headphones every time I turn it on, then I have to find the settings for the audio output and manually switch it to the headphones, then after turning off the headphones I have to go back into the settings again and manually change the audio output back to its original state.

I need to be able to turn my headphones on and off multiple times each night without having to go through all those steps. Is there a way to get this functionality in LibreELEC?

• Thanks for the suggestions, but never really got to try that out because I was having all kinds of other problems. Every time I play a video there's a weird flicker/glitch for a few frames, and the same thing happens every time I seek in the video. It gets really annoying fast.

When I pair my headphones there's weird random clicks even when nothing is playing. Audio on my BT headphones is completely out of sync on every video. I mean out of sync by seconds. The videos I tried have been played back hundreds of times without any issues. As soon as I switch back to stock firmware my headphones work perfectly and there's no weird glitches during video playback.

I pretty much wasted hours fiddling with every "Expert" setting for audio and video with zero success. And this is happening on a WeTek Play 2, which is one of very few officially supported devices. Very disappointing. This thing is at version 8 going on 9, so I would expect it to be in a somewhat usable form by now. Seems more like v0.8b to me at this stage.

• Is there any plans to fix/add the "bluetooth auto connect" with paired devices option?

Auto changing audio device is not the problem (Audio Profile Addon is great here).

I used a script with udev.rules.d for a while and it works perfect but now on any of the latest milhouse builds not. :(

Would be great if i get a hint to fix this but it would be better to implement this native like all other bluetooth dongles, or?

Autochange audio output

The reason why i'm using bt headphones is to let my family sleep if i watch a big blockbuster. ;)

• How can i check if udev rules are working? Logs or something.

A little bash typing (without mc (needs an update with new libcrypto.so) is possible for me.

If there is nothing what i can do only then i will try a fresh install.