Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• yup new build still has same issue

anyone else on apollo or coffee lake NUCs have problems outputting 5.1 or higher audio?

on the latest builds Kodi only outputs 2.0 PCM from all files. I disabled pass through and still same issue.

going to official LE build and this issue goes away but I loose HDR.

Debug logs are here:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Does anyone lese experience the screen going black for 2 - 10 seconds :

1. starting a video

2. stopping a video

3. randomly while playing a video

This is with HDR and non-HDR content.

This only happens when I have DRM PRIME enabled, but of course, I need that for HDR content.

**Also - not sure if anyone else noticed, but the LE settings addon won't open.

I have a NUC i5 gen 7.

Cheers,

Ken

Edited once, last by kenmills (September 8, 2021 at 2:47 AM).

• Hi Ken,

Haven't had a chance to test SMP's latest build but I will on the weekend and report back. I've got 5 different intel/amd/radeon nucs running here, looks like i'll be running round like a blue arse fly :D

Keep up the feedback :thumbup:

• Wow, this build works really well on a HP T430 Thin Client I picked up for $45. It has a N4020 and it runs faster than my Odroid N2 with a S922 and Coreelec. HDR, bitstreamed audio and everything. Only thing is there is an occasional audio dropout when I bitstream- every so often I get a "source is too slow" message when I try to stream off my NAS. It's not the T430 because it has Gigabit Ethernet.

I highly recommend people grab a HP T430 for $45 if they see it, if they are interested in running Libreelec exclusively, the box is perfect for it.

Been fooling around with it some more- it decodes 1080p streams in software no problem and 10bit Anime as well.

Just noticed this build outputs everything at RGB 36bit on my device.

Edited 2 times, last by HDGuy (September 14, 2021 at 11:23 PM).

• Wow, this build works really well on a HP T430 Thin Client I picked up for $45. It has a N4020 and it runs faster than my Odroid N2 with a S922 and Coreelec. HDR, bitstreamed audio and everything. Only thing is there is an occasional audio dropout when I bitstream- every so often I get a "source is too slow" message when I try to stream off my NAS. It's not the T430 because it has Gigabit Ethernet.

I highly recommend people grab a HP T430 for $45 if they see it, if they are interested in running Libreelec exclusively, the box is perfect for it.

Been fooling around with it some more- it decodes 1080p streams in software no problem and 10bit Anime as well.

Just noticed this build outputs everything at RGB 36bit on my device.

hey HDGuy what spec is your T430? 2Gb or 3Gb RAM? I can't seem to find that model for less than $120 CAD.

Thx!

Edited once, last by kenmills (September 15, 2021 at 1:16 AM).

• hey HDGuy what spec is your T430? 2Gb or 3Gb RAM? I can't seem to find that model for less than $120 CAD.

Thx!

Refurbished: HP T430 Thin Client TPC-W053-TC ThinPro 7.2.0 includes AC Adapter - Newegg.com

Mine only came with 2GB because it was the ThinPro model.You can always upgrade if you want but 2GB is more than enough for LibreElec. Also came with 16GB drive with the thinpro os installed, I just installed LibreElec over it. I wouldn’t even attempt to run a Windows based HTPC on one of these, probably be too slow with all the overhead. Probably be good as a basic Linux PC or to run Freenas or something off it.

If you buy one make sure to upgrade the BIOS as the latest revision.

I’m going to open mine up in a day or two and see what’s in it. Impressive little fanless box for the price.

Reseller on Newegg is selling them for $45. Seen them in a few other places for about the same price.

Ah damn, it's embedded memory/storage. Try and find the 4GB one if you can, but the 2GB one will be fine if all you want to do is run Libreelec on it.

Edited once, last by HDGuy (September 15, 2021 at 7:01 AM).

• Only thing is there is an occasional audio dropout when I bitstream- every so often I get a "source is too slow" message when I try to stream off my NAS.

I see this message too, but without any dropout. For LibreELEC I am using MSI Cubi N with a Pentium Silver N5000 (Gemini Lake) with 8GB RAM. I generally get this message when the 4k video file is already in cache in the NAS (my Unraid server on a gigabit LAN connection). If playing a file for the first time then the message is seldom seen. If I stop playback after a minute and then play the same file again from the beginning, the message will then pop up. It's almost as though the file data arrives too quickly. To me this suggests a possible arithmetic error in the source speed calculation caused by the data for the initial buffer fill operation taking very little time to arrive.

• I see this message too, but without any dropout. For LibreELEC I am using MSI Cubi N with a Pentium Silver N5000 (Gemini Lake) with 8GB RAM. I generally get this message when the 4k video file is already in cache in the NAS (my Unraid server on a gigabit LAN connection). If playing a file for the first time then the message is seldom seen. If I stop playback after a minute and then play the same file again from the beginning, the message will then pop up. It's almost as though the file data arrives too quickly. To me this suggests a possible arithmetic error in the source speed calculation caused by the data for the initial buffer fill operation taking very little time to arrive.

Interesting. I think some of the audio issues I’m having is that my HP T430 isn’t grounded properly, I hear a slight hum/pop in the background when nothing is playing, I also won’t get the Kodi UI sounds unless I continuously send audio to my receiver. But it doesn’t really effect watching movies all that much. I haven’t really played around with it enough.

Also, I fooled around with the acceleration settings in the Player menu on the Sep 4th build and once I turned off Vaapi I lost all the individual selections like AV1, etc. All I see now is the main Vaapi acceleration setting and none of the sub-selections.

Colorspace issue is a problem. Is there any way to get proper colorspace output? Coreelec will output Ycrcb properly on my Odroid N2, all this build outputs is RGB 36bit for everything.

Still impressed with my $45 HP T430. I opened it up last night, definitely embedded memory- wish I had noticed that fact before but for $45, the build quality and what it does it’s all good. Still way better than the million Chinese Android boxes that cost the same. Looks like it was EOL, it has an M2 wifi slot with no card.