Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• Yes, this is from Matrix branch (19.1) + HDR patches. I don't expect any issues with settings but back them up first, just in case.

• I can pop this in the update folder and have it update without wiping all my settings right?

I would always recommend a backup of settings before trying a new build. That backup can be to local storage, a USB drive, or whatever, often it only takes a few seconds. It saves a load of time if you need to downgrade to an earlier version. Sometimes when you downgrade, some settings may get lost, and a quick restore works wonders. You will also notice that each backup is time and date stamped within its filename, so I often keep several backups going back in time made using various test versions and official builds.

• I would always recommend a backup of settings before trying a new build. That backup can be to local storage, a USB drive, or whatever, often it only takes a few seconds. It saves a load of time if you need to downgrade to an earlier version. Sometimes when you downgrade, some settings may get lost, and a quick restore works wonders. You will also notice that each backup is time and date stamped within its filename, so I often keep several backups going back in time made using various test versions and official builds.

Of course! Are you referring to the built in backup? I usually just copy the .kodi directory and/or tar it up and copy it off the box.

I've never used the built in backup function.

Cheers,

Ken

• This update give me " No Signal" on the Menu GUI , i tried to change settings in .xml file but same error. The nightlybuild LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-nightly-20210523-d173893.img.gz works fine. The strange thing is when i select the movie to playback with yatse remote the playback works on the tv.

Edited once, last by Twooter (May 23, 2021 at 7:41 PM).

• Updated Kodi 19.1 build:

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-devel-20210524004323-f9d2c33.img.gz

Twooter try this^ updated build.

Thanks for the build. It works pretty good on my NUC8i5BEH.

The only issue I noticed is, when I start an HDR movie like Samsung Wonderland Two HDR UHD 4K Demo:

The movie starts and after a couple of seconds the screen goes blank (and the audio stops) for about two or three seconds. After that the movie runs flawlessly until the end.

I really appreciate your work. I feared I won‘t see a „Generic“ Kodi version with working HDR before Kodi 20. But with the last developer build you provided us I have a version which is by far good enough for my daily use.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Sorry if already asked and if this is not the right thread:

Do you think it might be possible to convert the additional data in a Dolby Vision movie on the fly to HDR10+? I have a Samsung tv which is only capable of playing back HDR10 and HDR10+ (and HLG?). But there are next to zero HDR10+ movies and tons of movies with Dolby Vision.

Sorry if this question sounds stupid but I have to admit that I have absolutely no clue about how Dolby Vision and HDR10+ are working.

• The only issue I noticed is, when I start an HDR movie like Samsung Wonderland Two HDR UHD 4K Demo:

The movie starts and after a couple of seconds the screen goes blank (and the audio stops) for about two or three seconds.

Is it a .ts file? For some reason it takes a while for Kodi to switch to a correct video mode when starting a playback of .ts files. You can remux it to mkv and it will start properly.

• Is it a .ts file? For some reason it takes a while for Kodi to switch to a correct video mode when starting a playback of .ts files. You can remux it to mkv and it will start properly.

I‘ll give it a try. Can you recommend me a good, free Windows application doing the job?

Strange is that the movie starts without problems (audio and video are working properly). And after that the screen goes blank.