Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• Thank you very much!

So, on the NUC7PJYH the HDR works but I have problems with DTS-HD audio (sometimes I hear some annoying clicks from the speakers and I must be honest, they also scared me) while unfortunately on the other NUC NUC10i7FNH the HDR does not work.

I dont have that issue iam using DTS HD and HDR. Maybe its your HDMI cable that is bad. Iam using HDMI 1 for Video HDR and HDMI 2 for DTS-HD audio

• I must say this is like a dream come true for me . I can confirm this build work for me on my NUC7PJYH with ny LG OLED C8 55 inch and now i have HDR and 7.1 . No more need to get a Nvidia Shield . Thank you very much to making this true. But i have a question how do i get my vfs unrar back? Who made this build i want test more if needed ?

Still no HDR on my NUC7i3BNH box.

Is this because NUC7i3BNH (Baby Canyon) had the LSPCON in it while the NUC7PJYH (June Canyon) didn't?

Got to love intel .. your "higher" end i-core product doesn't work but your celeron/pentium does from the same time period.

• Current HDR support starts at 9th Gen (Gemini) and based on Q&A with Intel devs a couple of days ago Intel has no current plans to implement HDR for older Generations. We might try to influence that once Kodi support has matured, but I wouldn't get hopes up.

NUC7PJYH is not official supported by Intel with HDR but it still work with smp build for me to get HDR.

• Current HDR support starts at 9th Gen (Gemini) and based on Q&A with Intel devs a couple of days ago Intel has no current plans to implement HDR for older Generations. We might try to influence that once Kodi support has matured, but I wouldn't get hopes up.

Their stuff is so confusing .. "9th Gen (Gemini)" yet it comes in a 7th gen labeled NUC .......

• Gemini is actually "Gen 9.5". It has Gen 10 display block, that's why we have a working HDR on those SoCs.

Btw, their next generation low power SoC (Tremont/Jasper Lake/Elkhart Lake) is inferior as far as video playback is concerned. It does not support high quality deinterlacing (MADI, MCDI) and it can only do BOB DI.

Tiger Lake SoC looks awesome (Gen12 GPU, can do AV1 in hardware) but it's expensive.

Edited once, last by smp (November 28, 2020 at 5:37 PM).

• Gemini is actually "Gen 9.5". It has Gen 10 display block, that's why we have a working HDR on those SoCs.

So Gemini (J4005 & J5005) are Gen 9.5 and work

Bean Canyon "8th gen" labeled NUC's that have i3/i5/i7 are Gen 9 and currently don't work but per what chewitt said above might in time? (even though Gemini are labeled 7th gen NUC) .. SO CONFUSING

• PlatypusW

pletopia

Snoopy

I compiled a build with new LSPCON patches and new Kodi drmprime stuff from lrusak's branch. Maybe worth a try.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7a5miyey74d…df4.img.gz?dl=1

Thank you very much! :) works great with local hdr content on my NNUC7PJYH2

Should I use "direct to plane" or "EGL" as rendering method? And does anyone have tested Netflix with this build yet? It does not work for me. As soon as the playback starts, the screen gets darker shortly, but then get stuck. Audio playback works fine.

• Hello

I would like to ask you really a great courtesy, since on nuc NUC10i7FNH I installed ubuntu 20.10 where it is used as a small home server and as htpc with kodi (installed with pppa and fritsch guide) I would like to try to compile the version you do with LibreElec;

Here the courtesy would be this (if you have time obviously even if you want to share) could you make a mini guide to compile kodi/kernel so you can apply it to my nuc with ubuntu?

I would be infinitely grateful!

Otherwise thanks anyway

Excuse me if I'm self quote but I don't think smp read my post.