Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• Yes.

Not an issue for me though. The panel is 8-bit with FRC. I will probably get a better result with RGB 8-bit + GPU dithering than with 4:2:0 12-bit.

If your panel is 120Hz won't feeding your TV 10bit or more and letting FRC do the work be a better job (as the FRC can work at 120fps and thus can dither between the two 60Hz frames, or 5 x 24Hz frames - whereas with a GPU you'll be displaying the same dither twice at 60fps or 5 times at 24fps? )

I thought the whole point of HDR 24p working pretty well with 8bit+FRC was because you got a lot of frames to do the FRC dithering on for every source frame? If you dither in the GPU then you don't get the same effect ?

• I know still are some incompatibility example with Samsung HDR TV, which is actually issue of intel driver/

I had a chance to test my Gemini Lake box with different Samsung HDR TVs.

- UE40NU7100 (2018 model) - no signal when "HDMI UHD color" enabled

- UE43RU7090 (2019 model) - no issues

- UE43TU8000 (2020 model) - no issues

• noggin How's the Herobox working out for you with HDR content?

The price has just dropped to £152 on Amazon and I'm tempted to try one out.

I haven't been using it much for LibreElec recently. I've currently repurposed it as a DVB-T2 archive box (it permanently records the UK PSB3 Freeview HD Mux - recording BBC One HD, BBC Two HD, ITV HD, C4 HD and C5 HD from a DVB-T2 USB tuner - giving me instant access to the last approx 14 days of broadcast TV from the UK's main channels)

• SMP are you working on newer builds with HDR support ? it would be great if deinterlace would work.

Or will kodi 19 (official) support HDR ?

At the moment i use my Phillips Android TV with Kodi and advanced settings to playback 4K HDR with external Player "VLC" in Kodi.

But nicer for me is when Libreelec can do this ....because your build done this very smoother.

its very frustating...i have hardware that can do ...but no Software that will do ... :P

i tryed also WIndows10 ...but no success...HDR doesnt run with my J5005 ITX... Only your build ddoes it.

greatzzzz

• I’ve been keeping an eye on the intel patches, seems like it’s gone quiet for anything HDR related for about two months now?

Hopefully that’s just holidays etc and not a bad sign :S

• smp,

Hi,

next step following mini-PC displaying native TV HDR stream with drmprime :

could be great for a GLK-R laptop to have a kodi19a'version (in prime image) working with multi displays (a HDR TV behind hdmi on a J4115 laptop with it own ipanel that is actually the only display detected), is it possible?

Thx for your hard job, anyway.

• Hi, pay attention, not all adapter works for HDR, must be Parade 84xxxx our MC 29xxx, and their fw support DP1.2 for some of our 2-3y old config...

Club3D have also MC 29xxxx chips (2504,1854) and some other perhaps... See attachement chat.

• Thanks smp.

Curious - does that patch read to you as if the NUC will output only 8bit?

Same result as previously for me unfortunately. Just black screen.

I used the AVR key I have lying around to try and get a little more info behind the scenes, screenshot attached. On the left is Odroid N2+ and the right is the NUC8i5 running this build. Same file.

• I wasn't aware that this was limited to 8bit. Is Gemini lake also 8bit or is that 10bit?

From what I read on windows side, if you got it working via external player it was 10bit or am I wrong?

• fab233 thanks fro the informations. I bought a DP2HD4K60H firmware 11.116.055. I have Club3D CAC-1070 (fw 7.99), CAC-1080 (fw 11.116.009) and now a StarTech DP2HD4K60H. The DP2HD4K60H is the 1st one ever to play all resolutions + audio PT for all formats. For both Club3D i used the HDMI 1.4 onboard for audio and DP 1.2 + Adapter for video.

smp i tested the image from today on ASRock B360M + i3-8100 + DP2HD4K60H + AVR X4500H + TV LG E6D and only get a black screen. I did also try only the TV, but smae black screen.

On the screenshots you see what my AVR Info is for the i3-8100 and my Vero 4k+. Tested with Avenger Endgame mkv remuxed myself with makemkv.

• Yeah, it forces the output to 8-bit.

Did you ever try Windows on your NUC? I wonder if Windows driver also force 8-bit.

I have used hdr quite a bit on Windows.

Funnily enough with my old Samsung tv I was getting constant white flickering - so a while ago I contacted Intel support about it, and after a lot of back and forth they eventually came back and said that the NUC did not support 8 bit, only 10 bit and the reason the flickering was occurring is to due to the tv panel being 8 bit. Can confirm on my new 10bit tv it doesn’t occur so not sure whether it was true or not.

At any rate - that’s why I was curious about this patch forcing 8bit when the support people told me it could only output 10 bit - maybe that’s a Windows ‘hdr mode’ thing?

Edit: this is the reply I got, maybe at the time I just took that to mean it only outputted 10bit...

Of course, I’m sure the devs know a lot more than the support :P

In the Technical White Paper for HDR on Intel Graphics (HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper.pdf) it is specified that Intel Graphics only supports HDR10 - would you be able to confirm with the TV manufacturer that their specific model supports HDR10?