Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• Thanks for this, is going with one of these devices better, or if I have an "old"(about 5 years) i5 with 8gb memory and putting in a semi decent HDR capable card the better way to go?

• Thanks for this, is going with one of these devices better, or if I have an "old"(about 5 years) i5 with 8gb memory and putting in a semi decent HDR capable card the better way to go?

Personal honesty .. comes down to is ARM based fast enough for your GUI experience. For me, no its not and thats why I can't wait for a proper x86 solution. Until then I use the Vero 4k+ on my main living room tv so that I can actually watch 4k HDR and I have my NUC connected to my non-4k tv in my bedroom and i'm WAITING until it will be ready for prime-time,

• noggin

In my last build I forgot to include this patch, so it did not switch to BT.2020 color gamut when playing HDR video.

I uploaded a fixed build. Kodi is also updated to a current master.

Hi.I tested your Build.And all my MKVs with HDR was Playing fine.i used ASROCK J5005itx on my 65PSU Philipps TV.

Only thing is that Deinterlace is gone if you activate PRIME. For me its Bad ,because i use TVHEADEND Client and all Videos are interlaced from TV Tuner.But iam happy to see its possible to get HDR from X86 =)))

good work !

• noggin

In my last build I forgot to include this patch, so it did not switch to BT.2020 color gamut when playing HDR video.

I uploaded a fixed build. Kodi is also updated to a current master.

Thanks for this.

I hadn't expected it to work with Rec 2020 HLG HDR (so many other things just do HDR10) - but it seems to. My Rec 2020 HLG HDR stuff is output with HLG flagged and my TV switches into HLG HDR mode. This is great news for BBC UHD HDR iPlayer stuff which uses HLG.

However for some reason my TV's sound device is not detected with this build detected. I'll have a reboot of both my TV and my Gemini Lake box to check it's not an HDMI funny.

** Aah - I solved it with this LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0) as I didn't want to alter my BIOS in case I go back to Windows **

echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist-snd-soc-skl.conf

Edited 2 times, last by noggin (June 10, 2020 at 12:37 PM).

• Thanks for this.

I hadn't expected it to work with Rec 2020 HLG HDR (so many other things just do HDR10) - but it seems to. My Rec 2020 HLG HDR stuff is output with HLG flagged and my TV switches into HLG HDR mode. This is great news for BBC UHD HDR iPlayer stuff which uses HLG.

However for some reason my TV's sound device is not detected with this build detected. I'll have a reboot of both my TV and my Gemini Lake box to check it's not an HDMI funny.

** Aah - I solved it with this LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0) as I didn't want to alter my BIOS in case I go back to Windows **

echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist-snd-soc-skl.conf

Yes that sound issue was fixed in LE 9.2.2 Hotfix

So if your build is after that it should not need to use blacklist

• New Linux patches just showed up which add HDR support for Parade Technologies LSPCON controller as well as MCA LSPCON controller. If anyone wanna try them I can build an image.

Upd: here's a new image with those patches included.

Edited once, last by smp (June 12, 2020 at 12:59 AM).

• New Linux patches just showed up which add HDR support for Parade Technologies LSPCON controller as well as MCA LSPCON controller. If anyone wanna try them I can build an image.

Definitely up for trying it on my NUC8i5 if you don’t mind building an image!

• Downloaded but too tired tonight to test it out. Prolly won't have time to try it out till this weekend. PlatypusW any luck?

Thanks for the image smp.

I had the same as before - no video. That said, this time the tv did switch into HDR mode so that is (big) progress on what happened last time for me.

Not sure if the video is audio related, I tried both plugged into avr with passthrough and plugged straight into tv with no passthrough.

Let’s see how others get on.

• Yes that sound issue was fixed in LE 9.2.2 Hotfix

So if your build is after that it should not need to use blacklist

I'm using SMP's build posted a little further up this thread.

Do the mainstream builds now have Gemini Lake HDR support?

• Does it play non-HDR video (with drmprime hw decoder enabled)?

Good shout, sorry didn’t even think of that as all my HDR stuff is on a separate disk.

Yes, non hdr videos play fine with drmprime.

I’d still like to wait for someone else to test just to rule out my setup ;) - or me doing something silly /shrug