7.0.2.006 build for S905

• Anyone know where I could grab a uboot.bin file for the minimxiii? I'm trying to unbrick my box and have been given a tool that makes a bootable rescue sd but I need the uboot.bin file which after hours of searching I can't seem to find

7.0.2.006 Work-in-progress build 006 (2016-08-20)

Changelog:

• updated Amlogic kernel to 2016-07-01 with Mali r6p1 driver thanks to Codesnake
    • updated kernel = (unofficial) S905X support
    • CEC driver updates from Raybuntu
    • kernel modules updated to 2016-08-18 Amlogic release
    • revised Kodi patches for improved playback experience:

• fixed 10-second delay bug (thanks to Koying)
      • disabled Hardware decoding of Hi10P videos
      • v17 backport: bumped software decoder threads number for better performance
      • v17 backport: fixed TextureManager memory leak
      • minor playback improvements from SPMC
    • updated DVB drivers from media_build package
    • different set of Kodi patches for resolution switching to fix 720p <=> 1080p transitions
    • rewritten installation procedure for internal memory to avoid "Unknown filesystem" errors
    • Realtek 8189FS driver is now included
    • Realtek 8723BS Bluetooth firmware is now included
    • added a possibility to boot from USB
    • disabled power management for Broadcom WiFi for better responsiveness
    • something I forgot?

Is there internal DVB S2 support for the K1 Plus in the meantime?

• Thank **** for that, I thought it was just me, the usb on my T95m is dodgy and I had to take the PCB out to flash android, as a result it damaged what I assume is the wifi ariel, as I do not like to use wifi, I removed it to avoid further issue, BUT on the NAND .006 I have the issue for the first time with buffering, I assumed it was tryting to use the wifi , so I go into the settings and when I try to disable it just sist there and nothing appears to happen, on next boot wifi is enabled again !!

This .006 is becoming a trial and error marathon.

• Thank **** for that, I thought it was just me,

No it is an issue with this box. What i have noticed is when the box first starts up and hooks up (hit or miss)
    it looks like it is fine until you go to play something and it then degragates to crawl speed. The signal also drops by half.
    I'm not sure if it has to do with power management relating to wifi drivers. Out of my depth with this.
    kszaq may have the answer. Thanks for reading/replying. Wait for others with same box to report.

• Anyone know where I could grab a uboot.bin file for the minimxiii? I'm trying to unbrick my box and have been given a tool that makes a bootable rescue sd but I need the uboot.bin file which after hours of searching I can't seem to find

Don't need it, just flash by putting the update and recovery file on sd card then boot using toothpick or flash the mxii image file using the usb buring tool.

All files can be downloaded from Beelink forums

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 5, 2016 at 4:47 PM).

• Regarding the WiFi issue I posted earlier on a MiniMX V1 2G/16GB , i.e: WiFi only picking up 2.4ghz networks and niot 5ghz networks, also shows no other WiFi networks in my area other than my own 2.4ghz network , the device is 1 metre away from my wireless router which is also advertising a 5ghz network .

A scan on any other device reveals there are several 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks in my area. So there's 2 issues, 1. the WiFi antennas on the MiniMX must be extremely poor that they cant pickup several WiFi networks in my area, that other devices i.e: my phone, laptop, etc can all see without issue.

2 The miniMX is not seeing 5ghz networks, is there drivers missing or is the device tree incorrect.

I found that the WiFi chipset in the MiniMX V1 is the AMPAK AP6300, does anyone know if correct drivers are present in le 006 LE Build ?

" The AP6330 chip is made by AMPAK. It supports 802.11a/b/g/n (no 11ac), BT 4.0, and FM. It has a Broadcom BCM40183 BT module and a Broadcom BCM4330 Wifi module. "

• xsi I have MiniMX 1/8 and it uses AP6212 for WiFi which is capable only of 20MHz channels in 2.4GHz band. I must also say that antenna in this box is really poor.

If you can connect to WiFi, it means the driver is already there. The only change for already supported devices from the latest build will be a firmware fix for AP6335.

• Hi kszaq,
    I have managed to install libreelec in my mxq pro box using ur script in nand , now i have it in nand.
    Sometime when box is powered on get librelec splash screen stuck and doesnt show kodi,librelec logo screen dont get to kodi.
    Sometime i get attached error message.can u pls advise.
    Sometimes kodi display when power on.
    Its hit and miss for kodi to display whereas from sd card it always boot kodi.
    Can u pls advise.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by ram.khakurel (September 5, 2016 at 6:55 PM).

• Am I using the right device tree?

When I say speeds are slow, its when I'm import local library or installing repos/addon, like anything where it might need to save to storage.

I'm pretty sure this is the box:
    Beelink MiniMXIII II Amlogic S905x RAM 2GB EMMC 16GB Up to 32GB - Android TV BOX - Beelink - Mobile - Powered by Discuz!
    I got it from Amazon here:
    link removed

But I think seller had some bad info in title.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Odd how someone took the time to remove an unsolicited link to the box I purchased, (which I'm 100% ok with) all I was trying to do is give complete picture of exactly what I have and what problems I'm having. But what makes no sense is that my issue was never addressed, not even a simple and short "yes, that correct device tree, not sure why it's slow." I did my best to be very through in my device & problems unlike many other posts.

It's defiantly a build or tree issue. Expecially when an old Rpi is literally 60-90 times faster. Which means something on Rpi that takes 1sec, takes over a min on this build. Which is really odd, because Rpi uses an inferior USB.

Not sure what else I could post to help identify the problem. And if the problem can't be fixed, just it being acknowledged so others done spend 20hrs trying fix an unfixable issue.

Anyways

After hrs of diffetent trees and fresh installs ending in the same results I installed build on NAND, ADGENST the advice of OP stating that we should get it working on SD first. Speeds/response times are much better now, closer to Rpi2 speeds.

[hr]

Quote from kszaq

[*]Execute the following commands:

Code
    wget http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/tools/installtointernal
    . installtointernal

Follow on-screen instructions. The scripts says it makes a backup copy of recovery and device tree but in some cases this might not be possible. It should still be able to write LE to internal memory.

Script worked flawlessly on MiniMXIII 2g/16g, thanks

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (September 5, 2016 at 7:23 PM).

• Don't need it, just flash by putting the update and recovery file on sd card then boot using toothpick or flash the mxii image file using the usb buring tool.

Thanks mate unfortunately I can't get into recovery full stop I think I screwed that part,strange thing is libreelec still boots from sd there must be a way of booting into recovery from an sd,I've tried your method and also putting twrp on sd and trying to boot into it from that but no joy,I'm awaiting otg cable delivery

All files can be downloaded from Beelink forums

• Odd how someone took the time to remove an unsolicited link to the box I purchased, (which I'm 100% ok with) all I was trying to do is give complete picture of exactly what I have and what problems I'm having. But what makes no sense is that my issue was never addressed, not even a simple and short "yes, that correct device tree, not sure why it's slow." I did my best to be very through in my device & problems unlike many other posts.

I removed your link while browsing posts on a smartphone according to a request to not post any store links. I haven't answered your post until now to provide a more complete one - I don't like typing long posts with Tapatalk. And as I am the only developer behind these builds (I mean device-wise, core OS is of course developed by the LE team) you can only get an answer from me or a user trying to help.

The device trees that are available in download folder are based on my comparisons with generic device tree for previous kernel and porting changes to the latest kernel. I can never say for sure a device tree is correct one for your box or not. That said the differences between them are very minor and most of the time if it boots - it works. That's why for a next release I will make only a few generic device trees to fit most boxes.

It's defiantly a build or tree issue. Expecially when an old Rpi is literally 60-90 times faster. Which means something on Rpi that takes 1sec, takes over a min on this build. Which is really odd, because Rpi uses an inferior USB.

Not sure what else I could post to help identify the problem. And if the problem can't be fixed, just it being acknowledged so others done spend 20hrs trying fix an unfixable issue.

An old RPi has much greater support, both SoC-maker and community-wise.

What you might be exepriencing is a memory leak that has been corrected to some extent for the next release. You can try using the latest test build I posted a few days ago that includes some fixes. I hope your experience will improve a bit: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160830160706-r23311-g51fe9ae.img.gz

• there must be a way of booting into recovery from an sd

you also need the Android dtb.img for your device on the SD (if you had installed LE to nand) with recovery.img and update file
    [hr]
    You obviously don't need any update file on the SD if you're going into Recovery for some other reason than updating
    [hr]

Just to boot into recovery yeah? Not for backups if youre on Nand OE only ?

Just backed up up LE, restored MiniMX to Android and then back to LE OK using TWRP backup

Edited once, last by Poida (September 6, 2016 at 12:01 PM).

• This looks like faulty internal memory partition as being stuck on that screen means that even ramdisk hasn't loaded. Is this the same with .005?

• With latest developer (08-30) work well the 4k resolution, and the gui much faster as 006. :) , but at livetv the preview mode is zoomed out, and just a part of pic can i see.
    With 1440*1080 16:9 streams distorted too.

The 1440*1080 tv channels with the latest 006 version has faulty aspect ratio view (4:3), but with manual it can set to 16:9, then good.

• you also need the Android dtb.img for your device on the SD (if you had installed LE to nand) with recovery.img and update file
    [hr]
    You obviously don't need any update file on the SD if you're going into Recovery for some other reason than updating
    [hr]

Just restored MiniMX to Android OK using TWRP backup

Yeah I tried that too but the son of a bitch is having none of it lol
    If libreelec didn't boot from sd I would've smashed it to pieces by now :)

• Opened box for a sticky beak
    https://s20.postimg.io/unyihv1h9/Mini_M8...i_Chip.jpg

Realtek RTL8723BS

Link may help Pull Requests · hadess/rtl8723bs · GitHub

Thanks again

Thank for the photo. We already have a driver direct from Amlogic and I think it's best to use it. For the next build I will disable power saving in the driver, this may help a bit.
    [hr]

but at livetv the preview mode is zoomed out, and just a part of pic can i see.

I will include one more patch for 4K from codesnake, it may help that issue.

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 6, 2016 at 11:53 AM).