7.0.2.006 build for S905

• Would dvb-t2/s2 works with tvheadend on KII PRO device?.

No, I still don't have a driver for internal tuners that I can use and box manufacturer is "considering" my request for the driver.

Kszaq can you send a link to the company from which you asked the drivers?.
    It might help if more people ask for it.

Edited once, last by quitroot (August 25, 2016 at 2:26 PM).

• No wonder that SPDIF works as Alex uses my 005's kernel. I will test optical out at my side. You need to give me a few days, more important things than development planned.

This may explain why alex's media_build driver modules have unresolved linux kernel symbols.
    No hurry kszaq, important things first !

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (August 25, 2016 at 2:41 PM).

• Hi guys

Ok so first things first

I have OTT MXQ Pro 4K model with S905 Amlogic.

I was running on nand 7.0.5 version ok , but due to issue with power off, on , reboot not working i have decided to upgrade new version in nand

so i did cd /storage/.update and uploaded the new verfion firmware.img.gz to the box.

then i did a reboot and i saw new version beeing updated, after it rebooted it crashed on Amlogic S905 Boot logo and nothing else happens.

I tried recovery using the toothpick on the AV. hole where the recovery button is, but nothing happens i left it for more then 30seconds whilt i powered on the cable also and not recovery is showing up.

Is there any other solution so i can try to revert it?

if i install it on a SDcard i have here will i be able to go into recovery mode?

Anyone else with the same problem on the OTT MXQ pro version?

• kszaq, are your actual changes in your github? i would say no, because your activity doesn't show them, am I right?
    wanted to make use of them and bump kodi to 17 beta1. but if it's not actual at github, then it would be useless checking out

Edited once, last by lama0900 (August 25, 2016 at 7:29 PM).

• quitroot I asked Videostrong for the driver. Please don't spam them, I think we can only get the driver in a polite way. ;)

lama0900 I always push tagged code to my GitHub when I release builds. I don't do that for test builds as there's lots of picking, fixing and rebasing in my development flow and I don't want to have that mess public. ;) Any time you want source for a test build just ask - but I don't keep that kind of code for long.
    [hr]
    tester100 Please carefully read the first post of this thread.

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 25, 2016 at 8:03 PM).

• quitroot I asked Videostrong for the driver. Please don't spam them, I think we can only get the driver in a polite way. ;)

Obviously. I do not know what their reason for not sending it. It supposed to help them sell more devices.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• SD or NAND? I have it running right now (actually am watching from it as I type this) from SD.

SD
    So what is the secret. I let it update. I replaced dtb.img and aml_autoscript and it never gets off the start screen. All i have to do is replace the system, kermel and md5 files with 7.0.2.005 and it boots

Edited once, last by skyeagle (August 26, 2016 at 2:01 AM).

• No, I still don't have a driver for internal tuners that I can use and box manufacturer is "considering" my request for the driver.

Kszaq can you send a link to the company from which you asked the drivers?.
    It might help if more people ask for it.

Try this:
    That's see my tuners on k1plus.
    But there is a big minus for videostrong. This combo driver isn't parallel device. For me with image file above is usable, but I can only use dvb-t2 or dvb-s2. Together not working. Always need disable the unwanted tuner, and enable other one.

Try this:
    That's see my tuners on k1plus.
    But there is a big minus for videostrong. This combo driver isn't parallel device. For me with image file above is usable, but I can only use dvb-t2 or dvb-s2. Together not working. Always need disable the unwanted tuner, and enable other one.

You tried vitmod? Maybe there it will work together.

I don't have the device, I want to buy it because the dvb-t2/dvb-s2 feature.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• So what is the secret. I let it update. I replaced dtb.img and aml_autoscript and it never gets off the start screen. All i have to do is replace the system, kermel and md5 files with 7.0.2.005 and it boots

You have to use toothpick once after you replaced aml_autoscript.

• You have to use toothpick once after you replaced aml_autoscript.

hi kszaq

i have tried the thootpick on mine but did not work any other options?

i installed 7.2.0.5 in NAND before, then uploaded 0.6 to storage/.update , then rebooted and it updated to 0.6 but after reboot it crashed on Amlogic S905 logo.

so i tried restore using toothpick inside the A/V hole where it has the reset button behind. waited for 1min pressing and did nothing.

i am using ott mxq pro stb.

i also put the update version for the SD card with SD card inserted in the STB, with all scripts inside the sd and correct dtb.img but i cannot get recovery menu to pop up.

is there any recovery type via USB i can try?