7.0.2.006 build for S905

• Same problem for me: with the sd inserted I cannot go to recovery and nothing flash but I resolve in this way: prepared for nand installation as described, switch the box on without sd in, went to recovery, put the sd in and then select "install update from ext"

I did that too.went to android recovery with toothpick, choose the zip file from sd ,it installs then when reboot the box ,no display on tv and box gets bricked.cant access android recovery either.i have to use usb too to recover to android .

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• I did that too.went to android recovery with toothpick, choose the zip file from sd ,it installs then when reboot the box ,no display on tv and box gets bricked.cant access android recovery either.i have to use usb too to recover to android .

Ok sorry:) didn't read that you tried, hope you will be able to solve.

• I am using a beelink mini mxiii and after updating to the 006 build, I can no longer get optical output via spdif, which I had no problem with on the 005 build.

I downloaded the correct device tree and everything else works as expected. Am I missing something obvious or is this a known issue?

Many thanks in advance.

• is there any way to make an sd that boots into recovery or something?

Can you try putting only recovery.img and dtb.img from Android firmware on a clean SD card (without LE installation files) and use toothpick method to start your box?

• Can you try putting only recovery.img and dtb.img from Android firmware on a clean SD card (without LE installation files) and use toothpick method to start your box?

I am in the same boat, Sunvell T95m 2/8, works like a charm from SD, but nothing I try to get to the nand works, it just loops

I have done as requested above and it boots to the recovery menu OK

I then put another sd with the zip file and installed from that, all appeared to work, but there is only a black screen on reboot.

• perfect upgraded my Beelink Mini MXIII NAND without issue. As expected recovery no longer works, will we need to update future NAND builds the same way or just a one time thing?

Can you help me - I am trying to install v .006 (from .005) NAND installation on my Beelink - but I cant get into recovery if i boot with the SD card inserted, I can only get in if i remove the SD Card first, but then i dont know what option to pick once in recovery (tempted to choose install from ext / sd card, but not sure if that will be right).

Thanks.

Edited once, last by bobobalde (August 24, 2016 at 6:54 PM).

• I am in the same boat, Sunvell T95m 2/8, works like a charm from SD, but nothing I try to get to the nand works, it just loops

I have done as requested above and it boots to the recovery menu OK

I then put another sd with the zip file and installed from that, all appeared to work, but there is only a black screen on reboot.

unfortunately that doesnt work for me eighter. I use the recovery.img and dtb.img from this stock FW zip for my MXQ pro 4k:
    Download Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for MXQ Pro TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews

still wont boot. what i did notice is that the SD card only responds if the kernel.img from the LE image is on de card...but that one is only for the SD install

• I did too put recovery.img anf dtb.img from android in sd and doing tooth pick recovery brings android recovery option on screen.when i select the 006 libreelec zip from after reboot black screen .

• unfortunately that doesnt work for me eighter. I use the recovery.img and dtb.img from this stock FW zip for my MXQ pro 4k:
    Download Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for MXQ Pro TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews

still wont boot. what i did notice is that the SD card only responds if the kernel.img from the LE image is on de card...but that one is only for the SD install

ah! just found a workaround for this . at least with my box.
    what i did was prepare the SD card for the LE 06 on NAND as described. then renamed the file recovery.img to kernel.img
    it boots with the green droid saying installing system update... watch the sreen, as soon as it reboots pulled the card out. LE 6 is then installed.
    i can imagine you could also remove the factory_update_param.aml to go into recovery directly. hope this helps and thnx all for the support!

• Can you help me - I am trying to install v .006 (from .005) NAND installation on my Beelink - but I cant get into recovery if i boot with the SD card inserted, I can only get in if i remove the SD Card first, but then i dont know what option to pick once in recovery (tempted to choose install from ext / sd card, but not sure if that will be right).

Thanks.

ssh into the box and type "reboot recovery" without quotes, thats the way i installed it.

• Hi kszaq

I built alex's LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-7.0.2.003 to boot from sdcard.
    (his image is supposed to run from nand, alex kindly instructed how to adjust kernel CONFIG_CMDLINE)

good: unlike your LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006, it does play spdif audio (even when output HDMI selected).
    not so good: unlike your LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006, it does not load dvb_usb_v2 ;(

In any case, I am sure soon we will see best of both worlds :)

Thanks kszaq for your work.

• ah! just found a workaround for this . at least with my box.
    what i did was prepare the SD card for the LE 06 on NAND as described. then renamed the file recovery.img to kernel.img
    it boots with the green droid saying installing system update... watch the sreen, as soon as it reboots pulled the card out. LE 6 is then installed.
    i can imagine you could also remove the factory_update_param.aml to go into recovery directly. hope this helps and thnx all for the support!

Hmm, tried this, android appears, blue line gets to 25% and then reboots, pulled the card and.... oops on the same thing 25% and reboot

On one option I went into the recovery and installed the .zip, but again all I get is a black screen.

One thing of note is the message about a missing misc! folder... not seen that one before

and on one occasion it had issues with a partitiion, something like mmc0 blah blah, sorry done this so many times I don't write it down anymore

But it looks like we are all getting there ;)
    [hr]
    OK maybe a dumb ?

in the actual zip there is a copy of a dtb.img file, would that need to be renamed or replaced?

Edited once, last by silashack (August 25, 2016 at 2:53 AM).

• I built alex's LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-7.0.2.003 to boot from sdcard.
    (his image is supposed to run from nand, alex kindly instructed how to adjust kernel CONFIG_CMDLINE)

good: unlike your LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006, it does play spdif audio (even when output HDMI selected).
    not so good: unlike your LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006, it does not load dvb_usb_v2 ;(

No wonder that SPDIF works as Alex uses my 005's kernel. I will test optical out at my side. You need to give me a few days, more important things than development planned.

• so if you're in recovery mode. maybe you can try installing your stock android zip first,
    and from there to LE?

Edited once, last by jkeijner (August 25, 2016 at 8:03 AM).

• ah! just found a workaround for this . at least with my box.

I tried ur steps but android recovery process happens blue bar progress to 25 percent than box reboots.i remove sd card.then black screen ,no display in tv.then i have to use usb tool to recover to android.any other suggestions.