7.0.2.006 build for S905

• I downloaded LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006.img.gz

extracted and burned with win32diskimage on sd
    Then i replace on root dtb.img with (gxbb_p200_minimx.dtb renamed dtb.img)
    I tryed to use toothpick method but recovery doesn't start, device freeze on bear logo.

What i can do ?

Try using gxbb_p200_2G_mini_mxg_2_16 device tree.

Just out of interest what device tree should I use for a 1gb t95n mini mx box???

gxbb_p200_t95n I thought this is self explanatory...

One question ...
    Wrxtasy is coding a libreelec port for the hub only.
    Do you add his patches in to your port too?

Actually he is using my patches. And yes, when a valuable patch apperars I add it to my builds.

• ah! just found a workaround for this . at least with my box.
    what i did was prepare the SD card for the LE 06 on NAND as described. then renamed the file recovery.img to kernel.img
    it boots with the green droid saying installing system update... watch the sreen, as soon as it reboots pulled the card out. LE 6 is then installed.
    i can imagine you could also remove the factory_update_param.aml to go into recovery directly. hope this helps and thnx all for the support!

This is bad. This method of renaming recovery.img to kernel.img has also stopped working for me after I tried restoring back to android stock(because this LE build didn't support hdmi passthrough) I got in recovery mode somehow but after installing the ota stock zip it stopped with error status '1'. Now it says "filesystem corruption has been detected". It won't boot to recovery anymore from SD, won't install anything. I'm really clueless now how I can restore this box:(

Edited once, last by jkeijner (August 29, 2016 at 12:06 AM).

• Has anyone been able to get .006 working on MiniMX (bear startup logo, 2 USB ports) on USB ? It doesn't work for me and I've tried both USB ports and the correct device tree. Thanks. kszaq any ideas please ?

• This is bad. This method of renaming recovery.img to kernel.img has also stopped working for me after I tried restoring back to android stock(because this LE build didn't support hdmi passthrough) I got in recovery mode somehow but after installing the ota stock zip it stopped with error status '1'. Now it says "filesystem corruption has been detected". It won't boot to recovery anymore from SD, won't install anything. I'm really clueless now how I can restore this box

What box are we talking about?

I use the usb tool and reimage the original android, musthave done it over 50 times so far ....

• Then i replace on root dtb.img with (gxbb_p200_minimx.dtb renamed dtb.img)
    I tryed to use toothpick method but recovery doesn't start, device freeze on bear logo.

After it freezes you unplug box and pull out SD card.
    Then you put the dtb.img on sd card.
    Now insert the SD card and use toothpick method.
    That is the sequence.

• kszaq: none of your builds work on my k1 plus box. Only I could boot into recovery and I have to use Alex build to get libreelec working. But even then thanks for replying...
    Keep up your good work.

Awaiting for a S912 Libreelec build from you....

For me work kszaq's build in my K1 plus.
    Only dvb driver missing

• Hi, i have minimx ver 1. 2gb ram 16gb storage . . .
    Then i replace on root dtb.img with (gxbb_p200_minimx.dtb renamed dtb.img)

Shouldn't that be using gxbb_p200_2G_mini_mxg_2_16.dtb ?

OK, just given that a go, went into the settings and made the change

Still no go

Sorry to hear that, worth a shot
    [hr]

Has anyone been able to get .006 working on MiniMX (bear startup logo, 2 USB ports) on USB ?

Works fine for me on the USB port next to the mSD slot using gxbb_p200_2G_mini_mxg_2_16.dtb

Edited once, last by Poida (August 29, 2016 at 7:06 AM).

• Does this have Kodi 16.1 or Kodi 17 (Krypton)?
    I am looking for a libreelec version with Kodi 17 for an MXQ Pro box. Is this the correct one, or is there another one available which I can download ?
    Thanks a lot !

• Does this have Kodi 16.1 or Kodi 17 (Krypton)?
    I am looking for a libreelec version with Kodi 17 for an MXQ Pro box. Is this the correct one, or is there another one available which I can download ?
    Thanks a lot !

It's LE 7.0.x, so Kodi 16.1. For 17 you'd need LE 7.90.* or 8.0.*.

• There are no LE 7.90/8.0 builds for generic S905 yet. Soon support for generic S905 will be merged to master LE branch and then you will get Kodi 17. For that I need time.
    [hr]

my log:

logwillyfan.zip (Size: 16.86 KB / Downloads: 0)

or maybe IEDA

Thank you. Can you also post dmesg from Android?

And in the meantime you can also test this: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160829151228-r23306-gfccda1b.img.gz :)

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 29, 2016 at 2:28 PM).

• It's a normal behavior if you enabled passthrough in system - audio. You must use your receiver remote to adjust volume. If you don't use Dolby/DTS just disable passthrough, you'll then be able to adjust volume with box remote.

Maybe I was not clear enough.
    I'm always using PT audio (because most of my movies has DTS or DTS HD MA audio track) and sometimes I can use the box' remote controller to adjust the volume but sometimes not.
    (And most of the times I can use my tv's remote control too to adjust the volume on my AVR through CEC)

• There are no LE 7.90/8.0 builds for generic S905 yet. Soon support for generic S905 will be merged to master LE branch and then you will get Kodi 17. For that I need time.
    [hr]

Thank you. Can you also post dmesg from Android?

And in the meantime you can also test this: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160829151228-r23306-gfccda1b.img.gz

I have this firmware for 4335 maybe it will help
    Add entries for chip=0x4335, chiprev=1 in your config.txt
    Alsio ccode=ALL is not valid