Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• Mpeg4 and VC1 codec hardware acceleration.

Everything else is good for now

LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.1-nightly-20190509-1816bad-orangepi_pc

hdmi cec philips tv work

Edited once, last by jack82 (May 9, 2019 at 4:41 PM).

• Official Post

be aware, only older X2s have AP6181newer versions have RTL8189ETV, so I'm not having too many illusions.

Ah, true. I have Broadcom version of the wifi. However, Realtek started contributing proper Linux drivers for version 5.2. New drivers are promised in the future, so maybe there is a hope.

What boot problems do you have? I never faced any, having some sandisk uSD I guess, and it boots 100% of the time very reliably with your image. Let me know if you want to compare something (logs?) with my unit.

SPL fails to load U-Boot from SD card most of the time. Box (re)booted only few times in more than 50 tries. I noticed few mistakes in U-Boot configuration but obviously none of these improves boot situation. I have X2_v3.1_20150831 version.

• After some more tests it turns out that there is obviously an incompatibility between the Pine64+ and my Samsung TV.

The Pine64+ and HDMI audio works perfectly on another TV and monitor if have tested.

However the RPi2 and a x86-PC (both also installed with LibreELEC) have no problems to deliver an HDMI audio signal to my Samsung TV.

jernej Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

I can also post the EDID logs of all monitors if necessary.

• I just did more tests for HDMI audio with my OP PC Plus.

When connected to Amplifier Pioneer VSX-521:

• No sound for audio when passtrough on

• No sound for audio when passtrough off

When connected to Samsung TV:

• "White noise" for audio when passtrough on

• Good audio (No multichannel) when passtrough off

In both cases OP PC Plus can se name of the device in audio settings.

• Ah, true. I have Broadcom version of the wifi. However, Realtek started contributing proper Linux drivers for version 5.2. New drivers are promised in the future, so maybe there is a hope.

At times things happen you would never ever think are possible...

Quote from jernej

SPL fails to load U-Boot from SD card most of the time. Box (re)booted only few times in more than 50 tries. I noticed few mistakes in U-Boot configuration but obviously none of these improves boot situation. I have X2_v3.1_20150831 version.

To be honest I have absolutely no clue which version of the box I'm having. Is there a way to find out without disassembling? SW on it is 212k4.

As I mentioned before I never felt anything is not working as expected.

I now checked the type of SD card used and it's a Toshiba Exceria 16GB SDHC with U1 and roman I symbols.

But I doubt you need help choosing cards for an H3 ;)

• Official Post

As I mentioned before I never felt anything is not working as expected.

Yesterday I have discussion on #linux-sunxi about this issue (#linux-sunxi on 2019-05-10 — irc logs at whitequark.org). It seems that Android on eMMC somehow interfere. I guess I'll just just destroy boot magic number on eMMC and be done with it.

At times things happen you would never ever think are possible...

True, like Linux kernel shipped in Windows (for WSL)...

But I doubt you need help choosing cards for an H3

To be honest, I just buy cheap cards. For those few minutes during test they are good enough. If it works with low quality card, it will work with high quality too :)

BTW, now I can add support for HDMI-CEC on Beelink X2 too. Due to missing vendor CEC driver, it has it's own software implementation of protocol through GPIO.

• jernej yes I was also struggling with my own view on the world... Balmer was trying to kill OS in general and Linux in specific and no 10years lateer the same Redmond WA based Microsoft is shipping a Linux kernel for real...

Strange my emmc is still as it was shipped, if I remove my SD, Android is booting. But as soon as I can pack LE on the emmc I'll do so.

Well my way of selecting SD cards is as follows. Define properties (speed grade, labels like A1 etc.) Then sort results by price, finally throw those manufacturers out I don't trust. Might be 1 buck extra, but so far worked well. Do you get them locally or do you import?

I missed HDMI-CEC initially but as we sorted the IR remote im now happy with that. Nevertheless if CEC and the power button are working that'd be great. Unfortunately X2s are no more available and H6 boxes all have no mainline DTS.

But currently my X2 is not very active, as we got rid of Internet for the moment and have "just" unlimited 4G ;)

• Official Post

H6 boxes all have no mainline DTS

One is coming in 5.2 I believe, Beelink GS1.

is there a way to recognise which WLAN module is connected to an SDIO bus? I couldn't seem to find any way of doing this...

Yes, each SDIO device has it's own ID, just something like USB, so autoprobing should work. That's the trick I used with old OpenELEC images. Just apply power and proper driver should be loaded automatically (if exist). Fortunately, it's same power pin for both variants. However, brcm based wifi probably still doesn't work due to missing config file and firmware. I'll fix this next week.

• One is coming in 5.2 I believe, Beelink GS1.

unfortunately I couldn't find them anywhere for sale :P

Yes, each SDIO device has it's own ID, just something like USB, so autoprobing should work. That's the trick I used with old OpenELEC images. Just apply power and proper driver should be loaded automatically (if exist). Fortunately, it's same power pin for both variants. However, brcm based wifi probably still doesn't work due to missing config file and firmware. I'll fix this next week.

Yes like this the actual module doesn't matter for the DTS but how can I read that out, couldn't find any howto or the like. Never mind I'll find out once you got yours to run. Hopefully I got the right module.

Funny thing is I used to hate brcm because of really bad drivers often freezing X or even the kernel. And now its a preferred vendor. Maybe rtl goes the same route now...

• Official Post

Yes like this the actual module doesn't matter for the DTS but how can I read that out, couldn't find any howto or the like. Never mind I'll find out once you got yours to run. Hopefully I got the right module.

I will provide only firmware for brcm and nothing else. Best way for you to check is opening the case. Don't worry, it's easy (http://linux-sunxi.org/beelink_x2#device_disassembly) and if you use plastic tools like guitar pick, it won't leave any marks. Alternatively, you can read SDIO ID in /sys/class/mmc or something like that (I don't have any device at hand to check) and then google ID to see to which company/device it belongs.

• I will provide only firmware for brcm and nothing else. Best way for you to check is opening the case. Don't worry, it's easy (http://linux-sunxi.org/beelink_x2#device_disassembly) and if you use plastic tools like guitar pick, it won't leave any marks. Alternatively, you can read SDIO ID in /sys/class/mmc or something like that (I don't have any device at hand to check) and then google ID to see to which company/device it belongs.

I will try the second way if it's not coming live with the new SW.

I always break some of the clips also if it's dead easy...