Posts by Polczak

Polczak Can you test this update if it fixes your HDMI audio issue? You have OrangePi PC+, right?

libreelec-h3.arm-9.1-devel-20190605180056-cdc4ec0-orangepi_pc_plus.tar

It contains this fix, which might solve issue you have: drm/rockchip: hdmi: fix no sound some time · Kwiboo/linux-rockchip@28e3e05 · GitHub

For some reason I was not able to restore backup from this file: libreelec-h3.arm-9.1-devel-20190605180056-cdc4ec0-orangepi_pc_plus.tar

Then I write newest image: LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.1-nightly-20190605-c7f2098-orangepi_pc_plus.img.gz then I tried to restore backup and Kodi is running now only in Safe mode (red screen), can't run normally.

No changes to audio.

After restore backup Kodi version still shows: nightly-20190605-c7f2098.

Regarding audio decoding side: maybe this is only my personal feeling, but I think that audio decoded by Amplifier has better quality. If OrangePI will decode sound Amplifier have to somehow decode it again to meet Amplifier settings.

This is just my opinion, no technical background or testing.

I also test different video resolutions and looks like only 1080p is affected with no HDMI sound.

I also have to set Fixed audio output 5.1 for all resolutions.

Passtrough seems to work random.

I just did more tests for HDMI audio with my OP PC Plus.

When connected to Amplifier Pioneer VSX-521:

• No sound for audio when passtrough on

• No sound for audio when passtrough off

When connected to Samsung TV:

• "White noise" for audio when passtrough on

• Good audio (No multichannel) when passtrough off

In both cases OP PC Plus can se name of the device in audio settings.

In contrast I found on this website #linux-sunxi — irc logs at whitequark.org that there is a chance to have basic HDMI support (probably only 2 channels) which would be fine for now. Polczak also mentioned in his post before that he has basic HDMI audio on his Orange Pi PC Plus board which is equipped with an H3 SoC (ARM Cortex-A7)

So maybe a developer can give us an update on the current status.

Just an addition to that - I do not have same issue on an old Libreelec 7.0 image.

Hi all,

I've tested the "LibreELEC-A64.arm-9.1-devel-20190324123655-b764cb6-pine64.img.gz" and "LibreELEC-A64.arm-9.1-nightly-20190501-6f2af43-pine64.img.gz" image with a Pine64+ 2GB board, but so far it's not possible to get any sound over HDMI.

The audio device is set to "ALSA:allwinner-hdmi, SAM SAMSUNG on HDMI" and passthrough is disabled. The HDMI cable is fine, as it works with another device. I've changed several other audio settings but without success.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

Hello. Same on my side with Orange Pi PC Plus.

Only GUI sounds and from Youtube addon.

No sound from files with multi channel sound - different options tested, different audio sources.

First make sure that correct audio output is selected. You should see the name of your AVR/TV/monitor in that audio output selection menu.

Equally important, EDID should also advertise multi channel LPCM support. You may check that with executing: edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid If you are not sure, you can paste output of that command here and I can tell you then.

Please find below my setup:

Code
    Audio output device: ALSA: allwinner-hdmi:PIO VSX-520 on HDMI
    Channels: 2.0 and 5.1 tested 
    Output configuration: optimized 

Only sound from Youtube addon. No sound from files with multi channel sound.

end "edid" output: