Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• macchese because it is only test image, I didn't bother with addons repository. Any addon built for H3 should work here too... If I get enough positive comments, I will send request to include it in LE master, so it will get nightly releases (once issues around nightlies are resolved).

Polczak there are currently some issues with nightly images. I hope they will be resolved soon.

libreeleec_test H6 GPU driver works, otherwise Kodi wouldn't run.

• i have a amp who can decode dolby digital, dts ... if the sound track is in stereo , it works of course. But it it's 5.1 / DTS, multichannel, AAC in pass through, noise, and if i disable it no sound at all.

For the record , with the android 7.0 image for pineh64, with the kodi apk on the same board, pass through is working well, kodi too.

So i have some hope that someone can fix the issue one day on librelec

• jernej, I have registered just to THANK YOU. This is a huge thing! I have grabbed the 190324 release image, put into my Orange Pi PC Plus, booted it and it JUST WORKED! In my very quick test all the H.264 videos were replayed properly and very nicely. Woooow, finally an accelerated Kodi video playback. Thank you again, and please push it upstream so it's official part of LibreELEC. This is really great present for all Orange Pi owners out there!

P.S. Now I'd like to copy it from microSD to internal EMMC as it will be my main HTPC player now (bye bye Raspberry Pi!). I'll try to find some instructions for that. Then I'll see if I can get sleep and wake-up working and if yes then I am the happiest Kodi user :) Thanks again!

• please push it upstream so it's official part of LibreELEC.

It is already: LibreELEC.tv/projects at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

P.S. Now I'd like to copy it from microSD to internal EMMC as it will be my main HTPC player now (bye bye Raspberry Pi!). I'll try to find some instructions for that. Then I'll see if I can get sleep and wake-up working

Install to eMMC is not supported yet, although with a bit of Linux knowledge, you can do it already by executing some commands. There are some ideas how to make user friendly eMMC installer, but nobody is working on that ATM.

about sleep and wake up - that's more complicated and depends on what you mean by wake up. Is this just a power button press? that is probably easy to achieve (but not much lower power consumption). If you mean wake up by IR or even HDMI CEC, that is much more complex, because is needs special firmware on low power coprocessor, to actually wait for signal and wake up main cores. Such firmware is actually in the works (crust-firmware on github), but I'm not sure when it will be good enough to use/integrate here.

• Thank you.

I just checked Orange Pi PC plus.

Video quality and new Kodi version is great.

Unfortunately I was not able to run any audio source >2.0 and HDMI passtrough.

Most of my video files are not passing audio signal to amplifier.

• Good day for everyone!

I've tried to adapt OpenELEC install_emmc.sh for copying LibreELEC on Orange Pi PC Plus's eMMC but no luck.

There are no sunxi-system-type in $SYSTEM_ROOT/usr/lib/libreelec and no any .bin in /usr/share/bootloader.

I commented the first string and took u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin from LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.1-nightly-20190427-f6463d0-orangepi_pc_plus.tar.

Script worked correctly, but skipped /flash/extlinux (probably because it's write-protected?)

During an attempt to boot from eMMC, it writes

Loading Environment from FAT... *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

and further tries to boot from PXE.

Could you please suggest a solution briefly?

• Script worked correctly, but skipped /flash/extlinux (probably because it's write-protected?)

This is probably the reason why it doesn't boot. That folder contains a file with parameters for correctly booting Linux. Just make sure it's copied over. Maybe "-r" is missing in cp command?

During an attempt to boot from eMMC, it writes

That is harmless and actually expected.

• Small correction, currently up to 8 audio channels over HDMI are supported on Allwinner, just no passthrough.

I tried to disable passtrough and I selected 5.1 output - still no sound at all from multi channel sources. Only GUI sounds and 2.0 sources.

I am not sure what did I wrong.

• I tried to disable passtrough and I selected 5.1 output - still no sound at all from multi channel sources. Only GUI sounds and 2.0 sources.

I am not sure what did I wrong.

First make sure that correct audio output is selected. You should see the name of your AVR/TV/monitor in that audio output selection menu.

Equally important, EDID should also advertise multi channel LPCM support. You may check that with executing: edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid If you are not sure, you can paste output of that command here and I can tell you then.

• First make sure that correct audio output is selected. You should see the name of your AVR/TV/monitor in that audio output selection menu.

Equally important, EDID should also advertise multi channel LPCM support. You may check that with executing: edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid If you are not sure, you can paste output of that command here and I can tell you then.

Please find below my setup:

Code
    Audio output device: ALSA: allwinner-hdmi:PIO VSX-520 on HDMI
    Channels: 2.0 and 5.1 tested 
    Output configuration: optimized 

Only sound from Youtube addon. No sound from files with multi channel sound.

end "edid" output:

Edited once, last by Polczak (April 28, 2019 at 2:05 PM).