Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• in my board (nano pi M1) Ethernet doesn't work with LibreElec!

I use orange pi lite image for my nano pi m1 board!

That's expected because:

1. Using image meant for another board is not supported!

2. OrangePi Lite doesn't have ethernet.

BTW, I removed support for all boards with less than 1 GiB of RAM. If you have NanoPi M1 with 512 MiB of RAM, then please don't report any issue. You are on your own.

How I can add LibreElec to Support Ethernet for own board?!

Just add appropriate line here: LibreELEC.tv/uboot_helper at hw_dec_ffmpeg · jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Compile it with: PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=H3 UBOOT_SYSTEM=<your board name> make image

• Thank you very much :)

• I updated addons. Try again.

Still not working.

http://ix.io/1ejj

I have another problems... If I push enter the sound is disabled in kodi if I push again sound is enabled...
    update: After some reboots sound work fine.
    update2 it back..

after some time If Orange pi is not using (working but TV is swiched to other device) and I trying switch to Orange the screen is black. I hear the sound from Kodi but nothing see. I must restart Orange.

Update3:

I reinstall lireelec writing the newest your full image.
    Sounds sometime is muting when I press enter but not all time.

Plugins works fine.
    I notice if I restart Orange Pi when TV is swiched to other device and next switch TV to orange the screen is black. I must restart orange when the TV is switched to it.

Edited 3 times, last by marcins (March 31, 2019 at 11:11 AM).

• has anyone succesfully enabled i2s for orangepi h3 boards on libreelec? a guide would be much appreciated.

I start to work on that but due to:"Boards with less than 1 GiB of RAM are not supported!" (I heave 3 Orane Pi One - mostly playing the music) I heave I abandoned the works... I will switch from KODI to some music player (volumio or something similar.. need to check possibilities).

@jernej passed few tips in this topic.. You can find it around page 17 i think..

• Hello there, first of all woah these community images already work so well! Been loving them for now, for YouTube streaming, DLNA casting and music playback they are just good! Anyway, I wonder why the UI feels so laggy, especially with custom skins or when there are lots of UI elements on the screen. I remember the OpenELEC with Kodi 16 builds were way smoother. Maybe it lacks OpenGL HW acceleration? Tell me.

I am also quite pleased that TVHeadend (PVR) works as well, and that's an enormous pro!

But here comes the sad part: as I have no way to connect my Orange Pi PC+ via wired Ethernet connection to the Internet, is there a way to make the internal WiFi antenna work with NetworkManager CLI over SSH? As far as I can tell, Armbian with mainline kernel supports the internal antenna, so I guess maybe it can work here also... maybe.

I borrowed a wifi dongle for now, but I'll have to give it back later...

• Official Post

Maybe it lacks OpenGL HW acceleration? Tell me.

Being totally correct, Mali400 doesn't support OpenGL at all. What it does, though, is OpenGL ES. But if that wouldn't work, you wouldn't see Kodi user interface. Anyway, what is probably the issue is that GPU is running with about half the speed it ran in OE. This is simply a precaution, because mainline kernel doesn't support temperature measurement yet and as such, there is no way to throttle GPU speed. If I would enable that, it might overheat.

But here comes the sad part: as I have no way to connect my Orange Pi PC+ via wired Ethernet connection to the Internet, is there a way to make the internal WiFi antenna work with NetworkManager CLI over SSH? As far as I can tell, Armbian with mainline kernel supports the internal antenna, so I guess maybe it can work here also... maybe.

Did you read OP? There is the reason why wifi driver is not supported. It would work for now, but LE will soon switch from wpa_supplicant to iwd. AFAIK Realtek drivers don't support all required interfaces to work with iwd. Another one is that no one likes maintaining out of tree Realtek wifi drivers. They are a pain and eventually I think all out of tree Realtek will be dropped from LE.

• Being totally correct, Mali400 doesn't support OpenGL at all. What it does, though, is OpenGL ES. But if that wouldn't work, you wouldn't see Kodi user interface. Anyway, what is probably the issue is that GPU is running with about half the speed it ran in OE. This is simply a precaution, because mainline kernel doesn't support temperature measurement yet and as such, there is no way to throttle GPU speed. If I would enable that, it might overheat.

Did you read OP? There is the reason why wifi driver is not supported. It would work for now, but LE will soon switch from wpa_supplicant to iwd. AFAIK Realtek drivers don't support all required interfaces to work with iwd. Another one is that no one likes maintaining out of tree Realtek wifi drivers. They are a pain and eventually I think all out of tree Realtek will be dropped from LE.

Okay I forgot that on ARM there's OpenGL ES, my bad sorry.

Speaking about WiFi, which dongles are safe to use and future-proof then? How do we check if our WiFi dongles are compatible with iwd if it's not there yet? I know for sure that the WiFi dongle I am using now has a Realtek chip.

• Official Post

If the WiFi device uses an in-kernel driver it supports the required frameworks for iwd. If it depends on loading an out-of-tree driver it's probably not going to be supported.

Anyone thinking we're being awkward about these drivers should read Could someone add rtl8811au? And for Raspberry Pi support? · Issue #346 · lwfinger/rtlwifi_new · GitHub which is how the developer responsible for more realtek wifi support in the upstream kernel than anyone else feels about them :)

• If the WiFi device uses an in-kernel driver it supports the required frameworks for iwd. If it depends on loading an out-of-tree driver it's probably not going to be supported.

Anyone thinking we're being awkward about these drivers should read Could someone add rtl8811au? And for Raspberry Pi support? · Issue #346 · lwfinger/rtlwifi_new · GitHub which is how the developer responsible for more realtek wifi support in the upstream kernel than anyone else feels about them :)

So I should now buy non-realtek usb dongles?

• Hello jernej thx for your hardwork, i am long member at orange pi forums but regsitered here just to ask can we use orange pi pc images on orange pi one because you droped support for it, even though i had no issues at all, have 2 of them working great no addons and stuff just to watch movies that i download in the bedroom.

Thanks

Or detail info how to compile my own opione image, have some knowledge on linux, not much

• I have tested the H6 image on my Pineh64 A. Connected directly to my monitor, i have a picture, recorded dvb-s

-streams are running smooth in full-hd (1080p). My Monitor does not have speakers, but connected via hdmi to my AVR i do not have sound or picture.

librelec is booting i could connect via ssh to the system.