Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• jernej Could it be perhaps possible that the HDMI driver is telling the TV/AVR/monitor that the output is in limited range while it actually is full range therefore ending up with a clipped range as a result. AFAIK at least the TCL TV is able to automatically determine the HDMI input range and use the correct settings accordingly. Still no amount of fiddling with range/brightness/contrast settings is able to recover the lost blacks.

• jernej
    After I build from source code on my Orane pi I have max 1024x768p resolution.

I used:

PROJECT=Allwinner DEVICE=H3 UBOOT_SYSTEM=libretech_h3 ARCH=arm make image

But if I use your image libretech_h3 I have 1920x1080p

Ok, I think I used official repo not your... I will try again.

Edited 2 times, last by marcins (February 3, 2019 at 11:11 AM).

• I understand and thank you. But you shouldn't restart it. Can I do something?

No, you cant. What do you want to hear? Simply... You can throw it in the electronic waste or install the older Jarvis version from jernej.

The 512MB machine is now just a sh*t.

• This fork impossible build for Opi? GitHub - 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv at libreelec-9.0-rr

• No, you cant. What do you want to hear? Simply... You can throw it in the electronic waste or install the older Jarvis version from jernej.

The 512MB machine is now just a sh*t.

Still restarts shouldnt happen. I had problems with the add ons, not sure if thats now fixed...

• Hi all,

First a big thank to you jernej for your work, I am now using your build on my OP Plus 2E, and it's really good

I've noticed few problems when a movie pauses due to slow/lost connection, then when the movie starts again the image sometimes is stuck (audio plays OK).

Apart from that, my Xbox 360 (wired usb) controller does not work. From lsmod, xpad module is not loaded. I suppose you did not activate it in your build? If so, I would appreciate to integrate it in next version.

Thanks again,

• andreabak It could be that some metadata are not set correctly. I haven't had time to look into that yet.

tothb001 I'll remove images for boards with 512 MiB of RAM soon. They won't be officially supported.

marcins 1024x768 resolution means that Linux failed to read EDID data from monitor. Because of that, it selected fallback resolution 1024x768. This issue is more common than I thought. For me, it usually helps to unplug HDMI cable on both sides and reconnect. Sometimes it also helps to unplug board completely (all cables) and left it for a few minutes. I really don't know what the issue is and it happens rarely for me, so I don't know how to test possible solutions.

psyapathy yes, it doesn't contain anything AW related. You would have to clone my repo and merge commits from that one. You have to learn a bit about git tool to do that.

lumpi latest update should fix crashing addons. It uses different repo which has addons specifically compiled for Allwinner boards.

orgonth There are probably a lot of drivers missing. The best way would be that you make a PR against allwinner branch which enables drivers you want. Please do that for both, 32 and 64 bit arm architectures at the same time.

BTW, streaming was not actually well tested. Just few seconds once. I guess error handling has to be improved, but that is known already.

• jernej

I build from your repo and resolution works fine.
    Tthe only thing that does not work is passthrough via hdmi. I will try look at this but I don't know enough about it. I know only probably this is problem with alsa / pulseaudio config.

• tothb001 I'll remove images for boards with 512 MiB of RAM soon. They won't be officially supported.

Is there a version with the older 3.4.113 kernel? Or is v18 kodi not possible? The OpenELEC 7.0 you built was very good, but old.

Edited once, last by tothb001: Or. It doesn't belong here completely, but does raspberry pi zero have similar problems? Maybe you should try it? (February 5, 2019 at 4:31 AM).