Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• just one short question, what was now the problem? how did you fix it?

I noticed that eventlircd doesn't start due to missing uinput device. I enabled it in kernel config.

my test procedure:

1. Set up my mobile phone to act as a Xbox remote.

2. execute following command through ssh:

Code
    ir-keytable -c -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/xbox_360

3. tested buttons up, down, etc. in Kodi

Above worked on internal IR.

• my test procedure:

1. Set up my mobile phone to act as a Xbox remote.

2. execute following command through ssh:

Code
    ir-keytable -c -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/xbox_360

3. tested buttons up, down, etc. in Kodi

Above worked on internal IR.

I would have bet with you I tested exactly this yesterday...

But it seems I was wrong. I even compiled evtest on my PC for tests, just to see nothing (from IR).

Today this procedure works, but now I'm still struggling on making this change permanent

After a reboot, when its not working, I'm doing:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
    Old keytable cleared
    Wrote 172 keycode(s) to driver
    Protocols changed to rc-5 

with:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
    * * hauppauge

it starts working, but won't survive a reboot. going back to the tutorials on IR :)

Edited to add:

after a reboot ith seems to fall back to lirc:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -r
    scancode 0x002a = KEY_COFFEE (0x98)
    Enabled protocols: lirc 

somehow, it doesnt seem to load any meaningful table

Edited once, last by lumpi (December 27, 2018 at 1:04 PM).

• jernej could you please add IR receiver to A64 family as well?

I created 2 small patches for this, 1st to add IR pins to A64 device tree:

99-add-ir-receiver-for-a64.patch.txt

and 2nd to enable IR on all Pine64 boards:

99-enable-ir-receiver-pine64.patch.txt

It works for my PineA64+ board and should work for all A64 family, because pins and IRQ are the same.

lumpi you can put ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg into /storage/.config/autostart.sh to load your rc map after reboot. Don't forget to chmod +x on autostart.sh file.

Edited once, last by AA666 (December 27, 2018 at 3:57 PM).

• is anyone of you successfully using a remote with an H3 based device?

Hi,

i have orangepi lite (H3 device)

my problem with fixed ip address is still not solved, but my remote (vu+ remote) is working all buttons except the most important one KEY_SELECT, ie the OK button.

i followed the procedure on wiki (hard way) and added this udev rule to make it work on kodi

Code
     : > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules

is anyone facing this OK key not working? it works with test procedure but not in kodi.

• Hi,

i have orangepi lite (H3 device)

my problem with fixed ip address is still not solved, but my remote (vu+ remote) is working all buttons except the most important one KEY_SELECT, ie the OK button.

i followed the procedure on wiki (hard way) and added this udev rule to make it work on kodi

Code
     : > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules

is anyone facing this OK key not working? it works with test procedure but not in kodi.

igloo just change in your my_remote KEY_SELECT to KEY_OK and it will be OK :)

• Test this: libreelec-h3.arm-9.1-devel-20181227000522-86dd2d6.tar I found the issue and it works for me now. I guess I'll post new updates tomorrow due to many issues solved.

Heya after trying ir things got finally working, but needed this patch to get lircd included, as my remote is non standard one. it works fine some buttons, i just only need remap them :)

Can you please keep the lirc on next releases included please? its very needed :)

• NICE!! Going to try right away after get this remote thing work. :D

Did you included lircd drivers?

• riku  lumpi another LE developer helped fix IR keymap persistence over reboots. It turns out that 4.20 kernel changed udev behaviour a bit. Now IR configuration should work just as described in LE tutorial.

Lirc driver is included, yes.

AA666 I can include first patch (do you plan to send it to Linux?) but I don't like to merge second one. Reason is that Pine64 doesn't have IR soldered. This is job for DT overlay, which can be done with dtoverlay and configfs functionality included in kernel, but I can't give you any tutorial at this time.

roel I uploaded libretech_h3 image.

• AA666 I can include first patch (do you plan to send it to Linux?) but I don't like to merge second one. Reason is that Pine64 doesn't have IR soldered. This is job for DT overlay, which can be done with dtoverlay and configfs functionality included in kernel, but I can't give you any tutorial at this time.

I would like to apply it to mainline, but it will be long process with some probability of success. Meanwhile we can test it with others A64 boards.

Actually Pine board has soldered IR header, where you can just insert IR diode. I did it some time ago and IR start to work with original BSP without any further manipulations. At the moment I can't see any drawbacks if we leave IR enabled, but IR diode will not be inserted.

Here is IR receiver installation guide for Pine: pine64_ir_receiver_installation_guide.pdf

• I would like to apply it to mainline, but it will be long process with some probability of success

It's pretty simple - 2 patches. First should update device tree documentation with new compatible (A64 specific one followed by A13 one) and your patch, updated with double compatible. Both patches should of course have proper title and body and accompanied with cover letter. Third patch can be added with "DO NOT MERGE" tag, where you add IR to pine64, to show how you tested that it works.

This could be great for first time Linux contributor, if you want to go through process yourself. If you don't want, then I can do it instead. Anyway, I don't want carrying patches for too long, especially if they can be easily upstreamed.

Actually Pine board has soldered IR header, where you can just insert IR diode. I did it some time ago and IR start to work with original BSP without any further manipulations. At the moment I can't see any drawbacks if we leave IR enabled, but IR diode will not be inserted.

True, but you can say that for other peripherals too (like pine64 wifi) and suddenly there can be a lot of patches which can't be merged into Linux. Linux has a policy, which can be worded like: "If it is not soldered, then it shouldn't be enabled and empty headers don't count.". If you would submit such patch to Linux, it would be rejected with explanation it should be done with DT overlays.

Because I don't want carrying patches forever, I have to go with Linux policy. DT overlays should be already working, but I'll try to find an easy way for handling them. Ideally, it should be as easy as Raspberry Pi DT overlays.

H265 10 bit problem

It's not supported by hardware. I'll change it to be decoded in software but it will be probably too slow to be useful.