Posts by igloo

512MB boards can probably boot but won't deliver a good HTPC experience so we have no real-world intention of supporting or encouraging their usage. We intend to discontinue support for similarly under-resourced Raspberry Pi hardware with 512MB in the near future too.

There are about 10 distros that claim they can run on older pc, even with 256MB ram, and what i noticed about librelec is that it have a very small footprint and that is much to its credit. when idle librelec and kodi consume only half of ram on my Opilite and i didn't noticed particular problems when watching supported video formats.

Sorry for replying so late,

the problem is solved , but from outside both kodi and Libreelec. Since the chip used in my usb dongle is a well-known RTL8153 i used the flashtool from realtek and assigned a mac address (which was marked 00:00:00:00:00:00 before flash) now i have have a normal static ip without the need for the autostart.sh, but i did not change the u-boot assignment.

May be the problem was related to kodi.

I don't think so, and i can't configure static ip based on mac from router or i still haven't found it yet. The problem seems related to kodi. here are two reboots :

1st one :

snd reboot :

and in Kody interface, in system info i have another MAC address : 52:03:B0:93:41:AA, but sometimes it is the correct assigned MAC.

Hi,

i have orangepi lite and i'm running latest libreelec 9.1 update. i'm using a cheap usb-lan and it hasn't a preset mac address so at each boot there is a new mac.

i solved this using this post procedure adapted to lan interface :

Code
    (
    sleep 10
    /usr/sbin/ip link set dev eth0 down
    /usr/sbin/ip link set dev eth0 address 11:22:33:44:55:66
    /usr/sbin/ip link set dev eth0 up
    )&

after that the mac is unchanged and appears with ifconfig but with ip still no success from both command line or gui , so i tried with fixed mac from u-boot with these commands

Code
    setenv -f ethaddr 11:22:33:44:55:66

saveenv

the command is successfull and at u-boot prompt if i type

Code
    printenv
    ethaddr 11:22:33:44:55:66

the correct mac is displayed. but the fixed ip still doesn't work. am i missing something? is there something else that should be done with connman ?

is anyone of you successfully using a remote with an H3 based device?

Hi,

i have orangepi lite (H3 device)

my problem with fixed ip address is still not solved, but my remote (vu+ remote) is working all buttons except the most important one KEY_SELECT, ie the OK button.

i followed the procedure on wiki (hard way) and added this udev rule to make it work on kodi

Code
     : > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules

is anyone facing this OK key not working? it works with test procedure but not in kodi.

Hi all,

i have orangepi lite and i'm using image from first post. i'm struggling to make ir to work, but for now i have an annoying problem which needs to be solvedfirst , some configs are not saved at reboot especially the manual ip address.

i tried both from kodi settings, in connection and from the command line with ssh but still no success. i'm i missing something?