LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Build RR-20190920-59a0be4 | uploaded for Generic / RPi2 / RK3399 | Index of /nightly/

• updated to latest LE 9.80
    • updated Generic & RPi Linux kernel to 5.3.0
    • updated PulseAudio to 13.0
    • updated Bluez to 5.51
    • updated llvm to 9.0.0
    • updated mesa to 19.2.0-rc4
    • updated Retroarch to 1.7.8 (v4)
    • updated Emulationstation es_systems.cfg to support Flycast extensions after WinCE branch was merged
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

Meganiekje at least on my systems Chrome works now "tear free" again but this could also be Chrome v77.x related.

• 5schatten is there any chance to play cemu (wiiu) emulator via wine in your builds?

It’s the only emulator i’m missing.

I know cemu is windows only but on linux you can play cemu via wine.

Create a Docker container with 32bit libs, wine and you can maybe play Cemu. Or just bother them to release a Linux build...

• Meganiekje at least on my systems Chrome works now "tear free" again but this could also be Chrome v77.x related.

Hi 5schatten, on intel sandy bridge mobile ipgu (hd3000) hardware acceleration in Kodi works again with RR-20190920, but in Chrome it still does not. The Chrome://gpu page still shows all is software acceleration. To do te 'tear free' trick, you need (at least) 'canvas' and 'compositing' to be hardware-accelerated.

Edited once, last by Meganiekje: error corrected (September 21, 2019 at 2:44 PM).

• Well maybe this is linked to mesa 19.2.0 - I guess we have to wait for a Chrome update or fix in the mesa RC
    1746685 – This is very weird but after upgrade mesa from 19.2.0~rc1-2 to 19.2.0~rc1-3 in Google Chrome browser appeared artifacts.

You could alse see if you find a proper switch here List of Chromium Command Line Switches « Peter Beverloo and add it to chrome-flags.conf in the google-chrome dir in configfiles.

About te Chrome issue, I stopped kodi and run chrome without flags, but the error is about the need to run it with "no sandbox" flag, so started it with the flag. Here is the CLI output:

LibreELEC:~ # /opt/google/chrome/chrome

[3850:3850:0922/120704.232808:ERROR:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(89)] Running as root without --no-sandbox is not supported. See Issue 638180 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail.

LibreELEC:~ # /opt/google/chrome/chrome --no-sandbox

[3852:3852:0922/120718.703208:FATAL:memory_linux.cc(42)] Out of memory.

/usr/bin/wget: unrecognized option '--post-file=/tmp/chromium-upload-b091938d0c1bbe4f'

BusyBox v1.31.0 (2019-09-20 03:31:40 CEST) multi-call binary.

Usage: wget [-c|--continue] [--spider] [-q|--quiet] [-O|--output-document FILE]

[-o|--output-file FILE] [--header 'header: value'] [-Y|--proxy on/off]

[-P DIR] [-S|--server-response] [-U|--user-agent AGENT] [-T SEC] URL...

Retrieve files via HTTP or FTP

--spider Only check URL existence: $? is 0 if exists

-c Continue retrieval of aborted transfer

-q Quiet

-P DIR Save to DIR (default .)

-S Show server response

-T SEC Network read timeout is SEC seconds

-O FILE Save to FILE ('-' for stdout)

-o FILE Log messages to FILE

-U STR Use STR for User-Agent header

-Y on/off Use proxy

Unexpected crash report id length

Failed to get crash dump id.

Report Id:

/usr/bin/wget: unrecognized option '--post-file=/tmp/chromium-upload-14ea072cf41ca781'

BusyBox v1.31.0 (2019-09-20 03:31:40 CEST) multi-call binary.

Usage: wget [-c|--continue] [--spider] [-q|--quiet] [-O|--output-document FILE]

[-o|--output-file FILE] [--header 'header: value'] [-Y|--proxy on/off]

[-P DIR] [-S|--server-response] [-U|--user-agent AGENT] [-T SEC] URL...

Retrieve files via HTTP or FTP

--spider Only check URL existence: $? is 0 if exists

-c Continue retrieval of aborted transfer

-q Quiet

-P DIR Save to DIR (default .)

-S Show server response

-T SEC Network read timeout is SEC seconds

-O FILE Save to FILE ('-' for stdout)

-o FILE Log messages to FILE

-U STR Use STR for User-Agent header

-Y on/off Use proxy

Unexpected crash report id length

Failed to get crash dump id.

Report Id:

Illegal instruction

LibreELEC:~ # [0922/120718.786403:ERROR:nacl_helper_linux.cc(310)] NaCl helper process running without a sandbox!

Most likely you need to configure your SUID sandbox correctly

^C

Maybe there's something else?

• About te Chrome issue, I stopped kodi and run chrome without flags, but the error is about the need to run it with "no sandbox" flag, so started it with the flag.

Hi HaLeXz and 5schatten :

Halexz seems to have the same issue as I have: If you have an older intel CPU (before Hd4500 iGPU) and you try to start the Chrome browser with 'HW-acceleration' enabled, you get a 'FATAL:memory_linux.cc(42)] Out of memory' error.

Starting chrome with only software acceleration does work, but you get 'tearing' artifacts, mostly visable in a fullscreen video as a triangle in the lower right corner or horizontal stripes. (test with this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    )

AMD and Nvidia GPU's are O.K.

The LibreElec official 9.1.501 with Linux 5.1.16 and Mesa 19.1.5 is O.K.

In the previous RR-Nightly-version the HW-acceleration VAAPI was broken within Kodi also, but with version RR-20190920 this is O.K.

HaLeXz: What hardware do you use?

Edited once, last by Meganiekje: extra info (September 23, 2019 at 3:08 PM).

• Fujitsu ESPRIMO Q900 - Intel Core i5 vPro (i think it has an Intel HD 3000 igpu). I don't mind about the tearing issue in chrome, because I use it only to browse the web, not to watch videos. Can you tell me how to run it without hw acceleration? Is there a flag to accomplish it?

Thank you

• Fujitsu ESPRIMO Q900 - Intel Core i5 vPro (i think it has an Intel HD 3000 igpu). I don't mind about the tearing issue in chrome, because I use it only to browse the web, not to watch videos. Can you tell me how to run it without hw acceleration? Is there a flag to accomplish it?

Thank you

Hi HaLeXz , The easy way is : install the chrome add-on from the LE-repo (do not use the one in the LE-RR version) , right-click with your mouse on de crome add-on, select 'settings' , switch hardware acceleration 'off', click 'Ok'.

The HD3000 has this HW-acceleration problem.

• Build RR-20190926-f1dae10 | uploaded for Generic | Index of /nightly/

• updated Generic Linux kernel to 5.3.1
    • updated mesa to 19.2.0
    • updated Qt5 to release 5.12.5 / fixed libmali based projects
    • updated PPSSPP to v1.9.0
    • added RPCS3 v0.0.7 Alpha - delete your es_systems.cfg & drop PS3 stuff in the matching rom folder.
    • reverted Mupen64plus-nx to known good commit for libmali based projects

Beside that read this RPCS3 - Quickstart and watch that

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    while you keep your expectations low. You'll need a decent machine for RPCS3 & probably a dedicated AMD or Nvidia GPU for good results.

• I'm pretty sure this issue is somewhat related to Chrome which doesn't play too well with recent Mesa 3D versions. Tearing was gone on my machine with 19.2.0-rc4 & now I have tearing again with 19.2.0.

Issue 957107 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail

• Build RR-20190926-f1dae10 | uploaded for Generic | Index of /nightly/

• updated Generic Linux kernel to 5.3.1
    • updated mesa to 19.2.0
    • updated Qt5 to release 5.12.5 / fixed libmali based projects
    • updated PPSSPP to v1.9.0
    • added RPCS3 v0.0.7 Alpha - delete your es_systems.cfg & drop PS3 stuff in the matching rom folder.
    • reverted Mupen64plus-nx to known good commit for libmali based projects

Beside that read this RPCS3 - Quickstart and watch that

while you keep your expectations low. You'll need a decent machine for RPCS3 & probably a dedicated AMD or Nvidia GPU for good results.

A intel nuc8i7 hvk will do the job.

I was thinking about a nuc8i7beh with an egpu via thunderbolt.

The nuc8i7beh cpu is clocked at 4,5ghz while the hvk is clocked at 4.1 ghz

• A intel nuc8i7 hvk will do the job.

I was thinking about a nuc8i7beh with an egpu via thunderbolt.

The nuc8i7beh cpu is clocked at 4,5ghz while the hvk is clocked at 4.1 ghz

I guess the main problem will be the GPU. The RPCS3 team only states/recommends an AMD or Nvidia device with Vulkan support. I tested it on my workstation with a GTX 1060 6GB and it worked flawless but on my i3-6100 I had severe glitches when using the OpenGL backend & no picture at all when I used Vulkan. So focus on a "decent" dedicated GPU rather than a low-power i7 :S

• Standalone Windows version for RPCS3, i can tell you i had no issues w/ my AMD FX 8320E CPU/ GTX 760 OC (before it died, but i had alot of studders while it built shader caches.) and even better performance w/ my newly installed GTX 1650. i'd put the bar sadly for acceptable performance however atleast a 900 GTX Series GPU for Nvidia, cant say for AMD.. all my AMD GPU's are old AF.(Radeon HD5750 is the newest i got)

• I wouldn't even say my HD530 IGP was way to slow but the graphic was full of glitches... exploded polygons and all in all a mess with OpenGL while Vulkan did not even start. So a Raven Ridge or Renoir APU will probably be fine too.

• Hi,

I'm about to use your build for my amd build for my front room setup for a little old school gaming and media.

Im a little confused as to which generic amd/Intel image I should use.

Do I use the one from the first page of this thread which is dated march (is this classed as the stable)

Or do I choose the image dated from last week which is nearer to the end of this thread (although this seems to be nightly).

If you could point me in the right direction of which image to use I would ver much appreciate that.

Thanks

Rob

• 5schatten outta curiosity, for the generic x86_64 build, can it be used on an intel Mac? (i have a Mac Mini that i do use on slight occasion but mainly when i need to do SD Card writing) and thought about seeing if it can be dualBooted w/ it. if it matters much, its the mid 2010 Mac Mini (core 2 Duo, 2.8ghz[i think] 4GB ram, and uses the Nvidia 320M iGPU)

• Hi 5schatten

Ive tried to figure my question out myself whilst waiting for a response.

But now I'm even more confused on which image to choose for my computer as there are just loads of different images.

So going to the first page of this thread there is a download part, if I go here and select generic it takes me to Google drive then I have a option for 4.19 or 5.0.x

I assume the regards to kernel but which ever one I choose its dated march.

If I visit you builds section it appears the latest image there is dated April.

Then like I said in my earlier post if I go to the end of this thread there is a update for generic dated last week but this is in nightly rather than build

Can you please let me know which on is classed as stable and which one I should be using.

Thanks in advance

Rob