LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• If you need a test Guinea pig for Rpi4 images im game as well (i got a 4GB Ram Model)

As I said the libretro cores have to be updated first https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro-nx/tree/pi4 also the RPi firmware is almost updated every day History for packages/graphics/bcm2835-driver/package.mk - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub so once the dust settles a bit and the RPi4 images are somewhat stable I can add it but right now it's a waste of time because it's still quite WIP.

• I noticed that there's a new feature of MakeMKV - LibreDrive. I wonder if it can be used in MakeMKV in LE. Of course you need a supported drive first. LibreDrive is required to play UHD discs with MakeMKV. Also I found a region A Blu-ray that won't play for me probably due to revoked key in my current drive. So I I'm looking for a new drive. If LibreDrive can be used under LE I'll get a drive that's supported, because then there won't be any more issues with revoked keys.

Well I've read a bit about it but looks like the LibreDrive lib hasn't been released yet or at least the code. So maybe it can work but the information about it was a bit rare.

• Well I've read a bit about it but looks like the LibreDrive lib hasn't been released yet or at least the code. So maybe it can work but the information about it was a bit rare.

Yes, there's only talk about the Windows version MakeMKV that I see.

• I attempted to build an image for a Pi 4 last night and surprisingly only about 7-10 packages did not build. I have not tested to see if anything runs yet as I want to get everything building before I even test it.

For a first attempt and no changes being made, it seems quite promising. I will work with you on a Pi 4 image if you have time/interest in building it.

Edit: just noticed MagicSeb posted a pi4 build with retroarch.

Well looks like there are some performance issues:

LibreELEC + Retroarch 9.80 for Raspberry PI 4 !

As far as I can tell it's somewhat based/cherry picked on older packages of my fork so I can't tell how recent the packages are. In theory the RPi4 should be handled like any other mesa based build but all libretro cores probably have to be adjusted for armv8-a. Of course these flags were set by the project before but I'm not sure if they were overwritten by RPi platform flags.

Btw. can you test my PR if it works for you? Makefile: added devices for Amlogic & Rockchip platforms by 5schatten · Pull Request #74 · libretro/mupen64plus-libretro-nx · GitHub

Yes, there's only talk about the Windows version MakeMKV that I see.

I guess once it works and is ready for common usage he'll post some code to compile it on Linux too.

• I tested this PR but it threw an error with your patches. When I reviewed your patches, it looks like it was the same as the PR. So, I tried building with your latest commits and using your patch. This failed. Then I tried to build with this PR and deleting your patches. This failed.

I did however find a branch that m4xw was working on for Pi4 support.

Using this commit, deleting your patches (the second patch caused an error with the commit), and adding these lines to package.mk, it built successfully:

Code
    RPi4)
    PKG_MAKE_OPTS_TARGET+=" platform=rpi4"
  • I tested this PR but it threw an error with your patches. When I reviewed your patches, it looks like it was the same as the PR. So, I tried building with your latest commits and using your patch. This failed. Then I tried to build with this PR and deleting your patches. This failed.

I did however find a branch that m4xw was working on for Pi4 support.

Using this commit, deleting your patches (the second patch caused an error with the commit), and adding these lines to package.mk, it built successfully:

Code
    RPi4)
    PKG_MAKE_OPTS_TARGET+=" platform=rpi4"

Well it's not a RPi branch but focused on Amlogic & Rockchip.

• 5schatten as of the libretro Cores, MagicSeb has some Preliminary working Cores that are working on the 4,

That's not the point. You should be able to compile most cores without platform flags but then you'll end up without optimisations & generic armv platforms which probably explains the slow performance.

• One question, the G12 devices, also includes s905x2? Since in libreelec's build it is like that. Sorry for bothering

• That's not the point. You should be able to compile most cores without platform flags but then you'll end up without optimisations & generic armv platforms which probably explains the slow performance.

i replied before i saw your edited post on it, likely explains why RA has its issues atm, (if you download any new core or update over it'll fail to launch the core, or if you leave it as-is, it will after a few hours lead to a memory leak and cause a OOM crash. )

as for the abysmal performance atm with Composite out enabled, looks like one of thier engineers "Jamesh" was able to replicate and make a fix for it and it'll be pushed within the comming few days.

and if it matters for anything for gathering info for the Pi 4 for yourself, seems the MicroHDMI port closest to the USB-C port for power is the default display out when only 1 HDMI display is used.

• Can someone point me in the right direction on getting controllers to work within the emulators?

I've got them working fine in the front ends, but on launching games i get a quick message in the lower right hand corner (n64 games are the only ones I've tried so far) -

"Xbox 360 Controller is not configured"

or

"Wireless controller is not configured"

I've tried an Xbox 1 wireless and a PS4 wireless, both work great in Kodi and the front ends, not sure where I need to start on getting them working in the emulator..

Thanks!

• Launch retroarch and configure the controller mapping first (that's the case for n64 emulator). If you use other emulators than retroarch cores (ex. Dolphin), you have to configure the controllers in the standalone emulator.

You can find configuration guides for every emulator in the respective website.

• EDIT: I forgot to mention the most important thing, I am using the system for S905 SoC

Hello everyone, thank you very much for the work on this amazing system. I wanted to ask two questions.

I want to keep the resolution of the LibreElec interface at 1920x1080 but RetroArch uses the same resolution defined in the LibreElec interface.

I would like to launch RetroArch at 1280x720 because i play with the integer scale x3 activated and the image is a bit small for the overlays that i use and does not fit well on my 1080p TV, I also use crt-nes-mini shader and need to use integer scaler.

I touched the retroarch.cfg file in /storage/.config/retroarch but ignores it!

It is possible to launch RetroArch at 720p without changing the Estuary resolution everytime?

WiFi works perfectly but it is possible make integrated Bluetooth work as well on chip RTL8723BS?

Thanks to all in advance!

@HaLeXz Thank you for reply, I've searched on this thread but it seems that xorg.conf is only for Generic x86-64 systems, also i searched to the entire system on my TV Box with the WinSCP utility and the file doesn't exist.

Edited once, last by Vapor (July 23, 2019 at 10:39 PM).

• I think you have to play with xorg.conf file as already mentioned in the main posts of the distro or in some posts of the thread if I remember right. Try to make a search of xorg in this thread.

• Code
    hi, where can I download this special version,for pi 4(LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ])
     thanks

Greetings from Italy

Edited once, last by poggino (July 25, 2019 at 9:46 AM).

• Code
    hi, where can I download this special version,for pi 4(LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ])
     thanks

Greetings from Italy

he doesn't have a Pi4 yet (so no way to test builds) + Firmware and underlying Raspbian buster development dust has yet to settle. it's going to be awhile before 5schatten has a Pi4 build. (not to mention Cores for RetroArch haveto be rebuild too to support the Pi4, seen by if you try MagicSeb's image, any core you download from RetroArch's updater, will fail to launch. (as is some working cores crash after a few hours, cause massive memory leaks, cause kernel panics/segfaults..) its best to wait.. if you need emulation on the Pi4, the stock Rasbpian Buster +Mednafen should do.