LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• I don't think we need lua at all for ARM, that was one of the things I was trying to get rid of but I forgot to finish it xD

do you know if that patch breaks anything for AML?

Haven't tried but since this patch is only mmal related it should not affect any other system. Yeah I probably get rid of lua too because if we don't build the vlc binary & disable lua I don't see why we would need it anyway :/

• Build RC3 201852-52323f1 is online

• Have anyone mario kart wii working with dolphin?

If yes can you pls tell me what settings tonise cais it keep

Me telling a error with the save state end then i’m stuck.

• 5schatten

I really appreciate all the work you and escalade have put in to these remix builds. I tried escalade's build when I first got my asrock j4205 but dreamcast and playstation 1 games did not run at full speed. I then debated on making my own build similar to what you have, but did not get very far. I eventually settled on Libreelec/Lakka dual booting. I decided to give your build a shot and have the same issues. I noticed you have a similar mainboard. Is there anything I need to tinker with before I post some logs? FWIW, everything else I have tested on your build and escalade's build have worked pretty much flawlessly except PS1 and dreamcast.

• Thank you.

Do i need special settings to get dolphin to work in ES?

Or are the default settings enough to get dolphin to work?

Or do i need to set up dolphin in ES?

And can i play my wii games with my wii mote?

index.php?title=configuring_controllers

5schatten

I really appreciate all the work you and escalade have put in to these remix builds. I tried escalade's build when I first got my asrock j4205 but dreamcast and playstation 1 games did not run at full speed. I then debated on making my own build similar to what you have, but did not get very far. I eventually settled on Libreelec/Lakka dual booting. I decided to give your build a shot and have the same issues. I noticed you have a similar mainboard. Is there anything I need to tinker with before I post some logs? FWIW, everything else I have tested on your build and escalade's build have worked pretty much flawlessly except PS1 and dreamcast.

Edit es_systems.cfg & replace mednafen_psx_libretro.so with pcsx_rearmed_libretro.so since PCSX_reARMed runs faster on low-end systems but don't have high expectations about dreamcast since the j4205 is quite weak and lr-reicast suffers from libretro overhead.

I use an i3 as main HTPC and it delivers almost 80% more performance than the j4205. UserBenchmark: Intel Core i3-6100 vs Pentium J4205 so if you want to run fancy stuff with questionable optimized emulators you need more power.

• Thanks for the insight. I have been contemplating my next full pc build anyway, so I will probably stick with my current build for now in the living room. just thought it was a bit weird that dreamcast runs full speed on lakka on the j4205. Too much overhead with libreelec in the equation?

• Thanks for the insight. I have been contemplating my next full pc build anyway, so I will probably stick with my current build for now in the living room. just thought it was a bit weird that dreamcast runs full speed on lakka on the j4205. Too much overhead with libreelec in the equation?

Well you tried a fresh install or did you update old builds and swapped between them? Because if reicast runs fine on lakka it should run fine too on my builds :/ Have you enabled KMS?

EDIT: escalade had faulty settings so some emulators did not run at full speed but this was months ago.
    LibreELEC 9.0 Reborn Remix [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify | MakeMKV ]

• 5schatten I've been using your build for a bit, well... analyzing the code mostly, as I like to learn from anywhere I can, I like a lot of stuff you added and how everything is integrated, you surely know what you are doing! one thing I could not find is how you got PPSSPP standalone to work with a 32bpp color space, no matter what I did on my build it has only worked with 16bpp :( can you by any chance explain to me how you got it to work?

• 5schatten I've been using your build for a bit, well... analyzing the code mostly, as I like to learn from anywhere I can, I like a lot of stuff you added and how everything is integrated, you surely know what you are doing! one thing I could not find is how you got PPSSPP standalone to work with a 32bpp color space, no matter what I did on my build it has only worked with 16bpp :( can you by any chance explain to me how you got it to work?

Well I guess some stuff needs some optimization like the function handling in profile.d but yes all in all it works in most cases though it's sometimes a bit hard to make it work on all platforms.

I've done the same as you do now so I started with escalades builds, digged through the code and reworked everything I needed for LE9 which has countless improvements over LE8 and of course the packages are updated as well. Also I've checked how lakka recallbox or retropie handle stuff and of course arch or LFS is quite handy too. All in all it was quite some work but now I guess I can start to polish the whole thing.

After a user asked for PPSSPP standalone he pointed me to your build and beside this patch sdl2-git-egl.patch I didn't do pretty much to make it run but keep in mind that I use SDL 2.0.9 what might handles stuff different? Also I ported PPSSPP 1.7.x while yours was 1.6.x so maybe it did not work for you because of some bugs that have been fixed in the meantime?

• Well I guess some stuff needs some optimization like the function handling in profile.d but yes all in all it works in most cases though it's sometimes a bit hard to make it work on all platforms.

I've done the same as you do now so I started with escalades builds, digged through the code and reworked everything I needed for LE9 which has countless improvements over LE8 and of course the packages are updated as well. Also I've checked how lakka recallbox or retropie handle stuff and of course arch or LFS is quite handy too. All in all it was quite some work but now I guess I can start to polish the whole thing.

After a user asked for PPSSPP standalone he pointed me to your build and beside this patch sdl2-git-egl.patch I didn't do pretty much to make it run but keep in mind that I use SDL 2.0.9 what might handles stuff different? Also I ported PPSSPP 1.7.x while yours was 1.6.x so maybe it did not work for you because of some bugs that have been fixed in the meantime?

Right now I am using PPSSPP 1.7.5 and SDL2 2.0.8 and I still have the same problem, I will try and update the SDL version and see if that works :)

Thanks!

Edit: I found out why, its because you have Buffered Rendering by default, if I change it to non-buffered on your build it will also display a black screen unless I go to 16bpp.

Edited 2 times, last by niabi (December 29, 2018 at 5:14 AM).

• Well this is an emulator no real Wii so you have to exit Dolphin like you would exit any other program,

Right now I am using PPSSPP 1.7.5 and SDL2 2.0.8 and I still have the same problem, I will try and update the SDL version and see if that works :)

Thanks!

Edit: I found out why, its because you have Buffered Rendering by default, if I change it to non-buffered on your build it will also display a black screen unless I go to 16bpp.

Ah okay well maybe the PPSSPP devs should be pointed to this issue? I've see you set 16bpp for your framebuffer but wondered why ;) Anyway I still have some problems with beetle-psx-hw too. Vulkan is stuck to 50hz & OpenGL has graphical glitches.