LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• escalade

drop me a line if you've managed to mod LE settings :D

But still a strange behavior -> once the Celeron runs in KMS mode RA just runs at about 56,xy Hz so that's not a problem for me since most emulator I play run PAL stuff anyway but PSX still isn't really running well with this context.

So is KMS missing some hardware acceleration or something? Or is it probaly a X-server driver problem and linked to xf86-video-intel? KMS means the kernel talks straight to the DDX driver?

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (July 10, 2018 at 6:47 PM).

• okay so a "Intel Celeron T3000 / 1.8 GHz"

can you please post the result of cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep Celeron ?

Just tried it, It didn't return anything at all.

But "cat /proc/cpuinfo" returned:

processor : 1

vendor_id : GenuineIntel

cpu family : 6

model : 15

model name : Genuine Intel(R) CPU T1600 @ 1.66GHz

stepping : 13

microcode : 0xa4

cpu MHz : 772.201

cache size : 1024 KB

physical id : 0

siblings : 2

core id : 1

cpu cores : 2

apicid : 1

initial apicid : 1

fpu : yes

fpu_exception : yes

cpuid level : 10

wp : yes

flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts nopl cpuid aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm pti dtherm

bugs : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass

bogomips : 3326.55

clflush size : 64

cache_alignment : 64

address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

power management:

Not sure if that's what you needed? Thanks.

EDIT: i just noticed that i linked you to a newer model of my laptop.. I have the one with an older CPU.. Intel CeleronT1600 @1.66 Ghz.

• Well okay then the point is escalades script checks for a celeron or atom cpu by getting these information. As you stated grep finds nothing because Intel named the CPU T1600 and not Celeron T1600.

So I'm really not sure if this will fix the problem for this setup. Anyway you need to disable KMS for beetle_psx otherwise it will stutter & lag. But also don't enable threaded video!

Anyway I fixed the existing moonlight problems -> now it runs fine even with unsupportted resolutions & crappy names like Sid Meyer's stuff.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 10, 2018 at 7:38 PM).

• Well okay then the point is escalades script checks for a celeron or atom cpu by getting these information. As you stated grep finds nothing because Intel named the CPU T1600 and not Celeron T1600.

So I'm really not sure if this will fix the problem for this setup. Anyway you need to disable KMS for beetle_psx otherwise it will stutter & lag. But also don't enable threaded video!

Anyway I fixed the moonlight existing moonlight problems -> now it runs fine even with unsupportted resolutions & crappy names like Sid Meyer's stuff.

I see.. well.. On LE8 i run retroarch from the gamestarter repo (PSX rearmed) with all the default settings except that i turn off Vsync and i set the refresh rate manually to about 59 hz, and audio quality to "lower". That way i get a really smooth gameplay, no lag whatsoever. But I'm really lost atm. I have tried with and without threaded video, lowered settings, raising settings etc, PSX still lags a lot on this build + the graphics are weird (the only game I've tested is tekken 3 which worked fine on LE8). I know that the laptop is crap.. 1.66ghz dualcore is nothing to go bananas over.. But since it does work perfectly with LE8 it should be able to work on this build as well..

Not only does the the game run very slow.. But graphics are weird, it can sometimes show artifacts + sound is very laggy etc.. in LE8 none of it happens.

And nice with the Moonlight stuff! :D

Edited once, last by psrkallez06 (July 10, 2018 at 7:45 PM).

• I see.. well.. On LE8 i run retroarch from the gamestarter repo (PSX rearmed) with all the default settings except that i turn off Vsync and i set the refresh rate manually to about 59 hz, and audio quality to "lower". That way i get a really smooth gameplay, no lag whatsoever. But I'm really lost atm. I have tried with and without threaded video, lowered settings, raising settings etc, PSX still lags a lot on this build + the graphics are weird (the only game I've tested is tekken 3 which worked fine on LE8). I know that the laptop is crap.. 1.66ghz dualcore is nothing to go bananas over.. But since it does work perfectly with LE8 it should be able to work on this build as well..

And nice with the Moonlight stuff! :D

What confuses me is the fact that your RA runs slower once kms is disabled. I experienced it vice versa and psx runs fine without kms on my lowend system. Normally pcsx rearmed is tailored for arm systems and shouldn't run faster on generic x86 systems. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• What confuses me is the fact that your RA runs slower once kms is disabled. I experienced it vice versa and psx runs fine without kms on my lowend system. Normally pcsx rearmed is tailored for arm systems and shouldn't run faster on generic x86 systems. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah It's weird.. Maybe I'll make a video tomorrow to show the difference between the two, LE8 and this build i mean, I'm out of ideas haha :(

And i really want it to work, this build has everything I'm looking for in a media center!

Edit: i also tried to turn of the audio completly, which should in theory make the emulation faster, but it didn't make any difference in speed/lagging/artifacts.

• Hi, thx for this build :) will test it soon..

Better wait till tomorrow because right now I'm building & uploading an improved build.

psrkallez06

Well if it works on other builds we'll probably find out whats "wrong" on this one too. Basically you just need a way to decouple the refresh rate & RA fps. Let's see if the reworked KMS detection brings some improvements.

• 5schatten I see, Will wait for the new build to upload and try that then! :D

Update:

I just tried this build on my gaming laptop, it has an i7 CPU with an NVIDIA GPU. And yes it does run much faster, 60 FPS all the time BUT, the graphics are still very weird, a few artifacts just like on the bad laptop (Tried using Beetle PSX with threaded video OFF). This never happend with the gamestarter one. So weird haha, I will upload a video later to show the differences!

Edit again: No point in uploading a video, the camera can't see the artifacts etc so yeah haha

Cheers.

Edited 2 times, last by psrkallez06 (July 11, 2018 at 12:47 PM).

• psrkallez06

Go to video settings and set "Max swapchain images" to 3 instead of 2 and psx and stuff should run fine with enabled  KMS even on your old system. Should work on my older builds as well and it's fixed for new installations too.

If your gaming laptop screws up ... well I have no clue about Nvidia & Linux drivers.

Edited 3 times, last by 5schatten (July 11, 2018 at 12:52 PM).

• psrkallez06

Go to video settings and set "Max swapchain images" to 3 instead of 2 and psx and stuff should run fine with enabled  KMS even on your old system. Should work on my older builds as well and it's fixed for new installations too.

If your gaming laptop screws up ... well I have no clue about Nvidia & Linux drivers.

Just tried it. It made no difference at all with swapchain images :/

But when I set it to 1 it made the performance worse.

• Just tried it. It made no difference at all with swapchain images :/

But when I set it to 1 it made the performance worse.

Well it fixed the stuttering on my Apoolo Lake based board and it runs now with 60fps instead of 56,x. I'm uploading a new generic build right now maybe this fixes it. But I'm running out of ideas to be honest.

• Well have you tried to run escalades build and verify the problem is gone? I don't see why those libs should solve the problem but anyway you could extract the gamestarter package and copy the psx or pcsx rearmed into the cores directory in Configfiles/Retroarch.

Anyway upload your retroarch.cfg retroarch.log Xorg.0.log and maybe there is something wrong.