LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• I. Introduction

This fork comes with all stock LibreELEC 9.x features but also with 3 different emulation frontends which were integrated into the Kodi Estuary theme. They allow you to run several libretro & standalone emulation cores to play basically all games of the common home consoles, arcade & home computer systems of the last decades.

There are several Linux distributions available like Lakka, Retropie, Recalbox or else but all of them are focused on either a single emulation frontend, come with a full featured (somewhat bloated) Linux system or lack standalone emulators for Generic systems.

I really enjoyed Escalades LE 8.0 Remix which was an attempt to melt all good stuff into a single system but if you look into detail the 8.2.x base is pretty outdated. I've felt it's time to rebase the Remix build. The LE team overhauled the build system and there are pretty usefull features like git handler scripts that make it easier to build stuff without downloading the source everytime. I also wanted to take advantage of new Kodi 18 features and finally beeing able to watch my Amazon Prime VOD without using Chrome.

I know there is ongoing work to integrate RetroPlayer but IMHO this Kodi feature will never be able to compete with standanlone emulation frontends like Emulationstation, Retroarch or Pegasus-Frontend. Also since the develeopers dropped DolphinWX support I had to find a solution for this problem. So here we are, I rebased, updated and adjusted the packages for LibreELEC 9.x, added Qt 5.x support for Dolphin, Citra etc. and fixed some non working stuff. Also you will find several tweaks and added cores to cover systems like the Atari ST, you'll be able to use the Vulkan API if your system supports it and you will enjoy nice additions like video previews and the ability to use themes for all frontends.

II. Currently supported & unsupported devices

Supported:

• Generic AMD & Intel systems with IGP and/or discrete AMD or Nvidia GPU
    • Generic AML S905 devices
    • Khadas Vim (Amlogic S905X)
    • Odroid C2 (Amlogic S905)
    • Raspberry Pi 2B, 3B, 3B+

Unsupported:

• Amlogic S912
    • Rockchip based devices -> need a testing device first

III. Important Notes

• Read the FAQ
    • You'll need a system partition size of >512MB - you need to clean install my LibreELEC 9.x RR image!
    • Updating from any other LE8.x or LE9.x official or community build is not supported!
    • You can always downgrade to vanilla LibreELEC 9.x or try one of Milhouses builds if you run into basic, non-emulation related, problems.
    • This fork is focused on Emulationstation & Retroarch, not Retroplayer, Kodi-Game add-ons, Kodi-Game frontends nor any other stuff that is created for Kodi. You can still download and install them but they are not supported by me.
    • You can use Retroarchs online updater for assets like overlays, databases or controller configs etc. You can still download cores but don't expect them to run since the lakka buildbot/buildsystem is pretty dated.
    • All included emulators are tested on generic Intel i3-6100 & J3455, Raspberry Pi 3B & Khadas VIM(S905X) systems with at least one game and run fine. So read the FAQ

IV. Bug reports / How to ask for support:

If your problem exists on regular LibreELEC then create a new thread. That means you should compare with regular LE9.x if possible. Please include a debug log with all bug reports as this greatly increases your chances of anyone taking an interest in your issue.

If you get me log files either share a complete logfile .zip or get me a specific emulation related log file. So if Retroarch crashes get me a Retroarch log file and if Amiberry crashed an Amiberry log.

How to gather log files?

The recommended way to do this:

1. Reboot your system once & reproduce the problem to create some fresh logs
    2. Post the zip file from the logshare together with information about your hardware.

If you're certain the problem is linked to a specific emulator or frontend

1. Install WinSCP & grab the logfiles from /var/log since there are most emulation related logs.

If Kodi crashes and you're certain it's linked to this fork:

1. Enable debug logging: Settings > System > Logging > Enable debug logging

2. Reboot

3. Reproduce the issue

4. Upload the log: Settings > LibreELEC > System > Submit Log > Upload latest Kodi log

5. Post the URL in the forum with a description of the problem.

In the case of Kodi crashing use the Upload latest Kodi crash log option.

Yj6dB3W.gif

Bug reports without a suitable log will often be ignored - no debug log, no issue - or at best will take much longer to be investigated. I'm not a prophet nor do I own a magic glass sphere which helps me to figure out what's wrong on your device.

giphy.gif

V. Downloads

You need the .img.gz file to create an usb-bootstick or a sd-card.

DOWNLOAD LINKS: I confirm I've read the start post. I've read the FAQ. I'll post my logs if something isn't working properly, utterly wrong or screwed up my system. I don't expect any support if I haven't read the FAQ or if I ask questions that have asked several times before. I will use the search function first before I post any stuff.

Gdrive root:

ADDONS:

VI. Installation & Updates

You can install LibreELEC 9.x RR the same way as you would install vanilla LibreELEC. You download the .img.gz file which matches your device and burn it to an usb-drive or sd-card for example with the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator. Also check out the Wiki for further information Installation [LibreELEC.wiki]

You can use the Custom Update Channel in LibreELEC settings

• set Automatic Updates to manual
    • disable Show Update Notifications
    • enable Show Custom Channels
    • change a Custom Channel to http://5schatten.libreelec.tv/builds/
    • change the Update Channel to LibreELEC-9.1-RR (9.x = depending on minor version!)

Now use Available Versions and choose the latest version. The name scheme is RR-YYYYMMDD-git so RR-20190201-9e3c253 means it's a build compiled on 01.02.2019 and is based on commit 9e3c253. You still have to manually check for new builds but this should be more convenient than using third party hosts and manually sideloading the updates.

The update packages are still manually downloadable from this repo Index of /builds/ or check the Changelog or Nightly section for the latest builds.

Update configuration screenshots

YWCXrHA.jpg

1jtseJm.jpg

VII. Donations

RkuxoMM.pngIf you like to say thanks or want to support my build feel free to do so, also I would gratefully accept hardware donations. For example the usual controller, TV-Box or generic hardware stuff would be useful for testing purposes or to iron out problems and preconfigure the emulators. ?key=4c6762065ab9d0257f02c2e2da3d7b85cd547765968650bd47d6d1d2154eb8bf-aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucGF5cGFsLmNvbS9lbl9VUy9pL2J0bi9idG5fZG9uYXRlX1NNLmdpZg%3D%3D

Donators -> Thx for your support guys!

| Paul Smith | S L Palacio | Reinoud Rooimans | Sébastien David | Philippe L. | Nuno André Guerra Pinhel | Ulrich Lampe | Marciano Tambak | Alexander Rose-Dell

VIII. Project

GitHub - 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI

IX. Note of thanks

Well I highly appreciate the effort and work of the LE team, escalade, the guys behind all the libretro cores, Retroarch and emulators, the team that forked and updated Emulationstation and all that I forgot. If you like my builds feel free to drop me a line and or donate some bucks to a project you prefer to keep things going!

X. Some impressions

1m0TN03.jpg

pSHuOXK.jpg

theming_system.png

maxresdefault.jpg

s0.jpg

7r0yx8K.png

Edited 60 times, last by 5schatten (September 10, 2018 at 9:52 PM).

• Features of LibreELEC 9.x RR 1

Addons & tools included in generic x86-64

Minor features

Milhouse Patches

• Include [env] patch: kodi: remove annoying, excessively repetitive addon logging
    • Include [env] patch: rev hack for kodi
    • Include [env] patch: Add kodi binary addons (pvr, adsp, inputstream, vfs, other)
    • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.* and os.*

Updated driver versions

Updated daemons & components

Sysutils

Emulator Frontends

Emulators included in all builds

Emulators included in generic x86-64 builds

Emulators included in Amlogic S905 | Khadas Vim | Odroid C2 builds

Emulators included in RPi2 & RPi3 builds

1 might be outdated since I update the versions here just once in a while so expect newer versions

2 Alternative emulator for low-end generic systems and/or default for ARM systems.

3 It can be very laggy and buggy on ARM based systems, but some games work.

Edited 91 times, last by 5schatten (September 12, 2018 at 1:08 PM).

• Changelog:

Note: The alpha|beta|rc status is refering to Kodi not to the LibreELEC 9.x base.

LE 9.0 | Kodi 18 Alpha builds:

Display Spoiler
    • Generic: added kernel 4.17.1 x86-64 build
    • RPi: added librespot to RPi oem files
    • Generic: added autoupdate script for Chrome & Spotify
    • Common: updated oem emulator config
    • RPi: decommissioned uae4arm | replaced by amiberry
    • RPi: decommissioned reicast
    • Common: added 2048 & overhauled | ScummVM | PrBoom | MrBoom | TyrQuake
    • Generic: added MakeMKV with included beta key updater
    • Generic: replaced Mupen64plus by Parallel-N64
    • Generic: use unclutter service to hide the mouse coursor
    • Common: added moonlight-embedded as NVIDIA GameStream client
    • Generic: improved KMS handling & performance for Retroarch
    • Common: added mupen64plus & pcsx_rearmed for generic low-end
    • Alpha 10
    • Alpha 11
    • Alpha 12
    • Alpha 13

LE 9.0 | Kodi 18 Beta builds:

Display Spoiler

LE 9.0 | Kodi 18 RC builds:

Display Spoiler

LE 9.0 | Kodi 18.0 builds:

Display Spoiler

LE 9.1 | Kodi 18.1 builds:

Display Spoiler

LE 9.1 | Kodi 18.2 builds:

Display Spoiler

LE 9.80 | Kodi 18.3 builds:

Display Spoiler

LE 9.80 | Kodi 18.4 builds:

Display Spoiler

Edited 31 times, last by 5schatten (September 15, 2018 at 7:56 PM).

• Emulator section | How to's | Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

Standalone Emulators

Amiberry - Home · midwan/amiberry Wiki · GitHub

Display Spoiler

Systems: Amiga

Rom dir: /storage/roms/amiga

Needs assets/bios: true

Bios dir: /storage/roms/bios/Kickstarts

Bios files:

kick33180.A500.rom - v1.2 rev 33.180 - md5 85ad74194e87c08904327de1a9443b7a

kick34005.A500.rom - v1.3 rev 34.5 - md5 82a21c1890cae844b3df741f2762d48d | default for Amiga A500

kick37175.A500.rom - v2.04 rev 37.175 - md5 dc10d7bdd1b6f450773dfb558477c230

kick39106.A1200.rom - v3.0 rev 39.106 - md5 b7cc148386aa631136f510cd29e42fc3

kick40068.A1200.rom - v3.1 rev 40.68 - md5 646773759326fbac3b2311fd8c8793ee | default for Amiga A1200

kick40068.A4000.rom - v3.1 rev 40.68 - md5 9bdedde6a4f33555b4a270c8ca53297d

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\amiberry

SSH: /storage/.config/amiberry

Configuration:

Supported files

Amiberry supports games with .adf .adz .ipf .lha .uae .zip extension. Amiberry also supports WHDLoad and autodetects .lha & .zip files if they contain WHDLoad files.

Default configs

Amiberry comes with default config files for common Amiga systems. The start script will load configs for Amiga A500 or A1200 if the filename contains "AGA" or "CD32" strings. You find the config files in /storage/.config/amiberry/conf

Custom configs

If you need to apply custom configurations for your games then simply copy a default config file to /storage/roms/amiga/yourgamefolder and rename it as you wish. After that you can change the settings and adjust the config file as you need. Add the paths to your floppy images and the emulators can boot your config files straight into the game.

Amiberry example.uae

So for example add to your example.uae file these lines to load images from /storage/roms/amiga/ADF called TSoMI, The_Disk1.adf

floppy0=/storage/roms/amiga/ADF/TSoMI, The_Disk1.adf

floppy1=/storage/roms/amiga/ADF/TSoMI, The_Disk2.adf

floppy2=/storage/roms/amiga/ADF/TSoMI, The_Disk3.adf

floppy3=/storage/roms/amiga/ADF/TSoMI, The_Disk4.adf

Citra - Home - Citra

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo 3DS

Rom dir: /storage/roms/n3ds

Bios dir: /storage/.config/citra-emu/nand

Bios files:

Dumping System Archives and the Shared Fonts from a 3DS Console - Citra

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\citra-emu

SSH: /storage/.config/citra-emu

Dolphin - index.php?title=main_page

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo GameCube / Wii

Rom dir: /storage/roms/gc /storage/roms/wii

Needs assets/bios: false

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\dolphin-emu

SSH: /storage/.config/dolphin-emu

DosBox-SDL2 - DOSBoxWiki

Display Spoiler

Systems: Dos

Rom dir: /storage/roms/dos

Needs bios: true

Bios dir: /storage/roms/bios

Bios files

Roland MT32 - MIDI files

-MT32_CONTROL.ROM - MD5 5626206284b22c2734f3e9efefcd2675

-MT32_PCM.ROM - MD5 89e42e386e82e0cacb4a2704a03706ca

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\dosbox

SSH: /storage/.config/dosbox

Configuration:

Game.conf

Check out the dosbox config directory so /storage/.config/dosbox or \\your_device\Configfiles\dosbox then copy the file dosbox-SDL2.conf into your game directory and rename it appropriate. Finally you have to open the conf file and edit the section [autoexec] which basically executes the commands to run your game.

Example:

So if you want to play i.e. Elder Scrolls Arena you have to create a directory ARENA in your dos folder which should contain all your game files. Then copy the dosbox-SDL2.conf file into the ARENA  directory and rename it to Elder Scrolls Arena.conf afterwards open it with an editor, scroll down to section [autoexec] and change the commands to start arena like this:

[autoexec]

# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

mount c /storage/roms/dos

c:

cd example

example.exe

#exit

Arena

[autoexec]

# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

mount c /storage/roms/dos

c:

cd ARENA

ARENA.BAT

exit

Repeat these steps and change the names according to the games you want to play.

FS-UAE - Documentation | FS-UAE Amiga Emulator

Display Spoiler

Systems: Amiga

Rom dir: /storage/roms/amiga

Bios dir: /storage/roms/bios/Kickstarts

Bios files:

kick33180.A500.rom - v1.2 rev 33.180 - md5 85ad74194e87c08904327de1a9443b7a

kick34005.A500.rom - v1.3 rev 34.5 - md5 82a21c1890cae844b3df741f2762d48d | default for Amiga A500

kick37175.A500.rom - v2.04 rev 37.175 - md5 dc10d7bdd1b6f450773dfb558477c230

kick39106.A1200.rom - v3.0 rev 39.106 - md5 b7cc148386aa631136f510cd29e42fc3

kick40068.A1200.rom - v3.1 rev 40.68 - md5 646773759326fbac3b2311fd8c8793ee | default for Amiga A1200

kick40068.A4000.rom - v3.1 rev 40.68 - md5 9bdedde6a4f33555b4a270c8ca53297d

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\fs-uae

SSH: /storage/.config/fs-uae

Configuration:

Supported files

FS-UAE supports game files with .adf .adz .fs-uae .ipf .zip extension. Until now FS-UAE won't support WHDLoad in my builds because the FS-UAE-LAUNCHER is needed to load these images.

Default configs

FS-UAE comes with default config files for common Amiga systems. The start script will load configs Amiga A500 or A1200 if the filename contains "AGA" or "CD32" strings. You find the config files in /storage/.config/fs-uae/Configurations

Custom configs

If you need to apply custom configurations for your games then simply copy a default config file to /storage/roms/amiga/yourgamefolder and rename it as you wish. After that you can change the settings and adjust the config file as you need. Add the paths to your floppy images and the emulators can boot your config files straight into the game.

FS-UAE example.fs-uae

So for example add to your example.fs-uae file these lines to load images from /storage/roms/amiga/ADF called TSoMI, The_Disk1.adf

floppy_drive_0=/storage/roms/amiga/ADF/TSoMI, The_Disk1.adf

floppy_image_0=/storage/roms/amiga/ADF/TSoMI, The_Disk1.adf

Hatari - Hatari documentation

Display Spoiler

Systems: AtariST

Rom dir: /storage/roms/atarist

Bios dir: /storage/roms/bios/AtariST

Bios files

TOS v1.02 US should have a great compatibility if you want to run games.

-tos.img - v1.02 US - md5 c1c57ce48e8ee4135885cee9e63a68a2

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\hatari

SSH: /storage/.config/hatari

Configuration:

Supported files

Hatari supports game files with .cfg .dim .ipf .msa .st .stx .zip extension

Default configs

Hatari comes with a default config file for the Atari ST system. The start script will load this config when you start a game. You can find it in /storage/.config/hatari/conf

Custom configs

If you need to apply custom configurations for your games then simply copy a default config file to /storage/roms/atarist/yourgamefolder and rename it as you wish. After that you can change the settings and adjust the config file as you need. Add the paths to your floppy images and the emulators can boot your config files straight into the game.

Hatari example.cfg

So for example add to your example.cfg file these lines to load images from /storage/roms/atarist/LX called LX_Disk_1.stx & LX_Disk_2.stx

szDiskAFileName = /storage/roms/atarist/LX/LX_Disk_1.stx

szDiskBFileName = /storage/roms/atarist/LX/LX_Disk_2.stx

moonlight-embedded - Usage · irtimmer/moonlight-embedded Wiki · GitHub

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nvidia Gamestream

Rom dir: /storage/roms/moonlight

Needs bios: false

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\moonlight

SSH: /storage/.config/moonlight

Configuration:

If you own a Nvidia GTX 600/700/900/1000 series GPU that is NVIDIA GameStream ready you will be able to stream your games from your gaming system straight to your HTPC. It's not as comfortable to setup as the broken Kodi addon but games will be streamable by Emulationstation after the first time setup.

Press "Play+Back+LeftShoulder+RightShoulder" the same time & you can quit moonlight without any keyboard input! Hit ALT+ESC to exit moonlight with a keyboard.

First you have to set up moonlight. Follow this guide Setup Guide · moonlight-stream/moonlight-docs Wiki · GitHub and prepare your host system i.e. install GameStream & allow streaming. Check out the moonlight.conf and adjust the resolution & fps according to your needs. If you need to run your programs in some exotic resolutions i.e. 1366x768 open the moonlight_extra_args.conf and enter the width & height. The start startscript will then automatically add the unsupported flag.

Pairing

Open GamesStream and connect to your HTPC by SSH and enter:

your_system~# moonlight pair

A small window should open on your gaming system , you have to enter your PIN.

Gamelist

To get a list of supported games enter:

your_system~# moonlight list

You should now see a list of your streamable games i.e.:

Searching for server...

Connect to x99...

1. Steam

2. Heroes of the Storm

3. XCOM 2

4. Alien: Isolation

5. Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

6. Fallout 4

7. Portal 2

8. PlayerUnknown's Battle Grounds

9. Half-Life 2: Episode One

10. Half-Life 2

11. Half-Life 2: Episode Two

12. DOTA 2

13. Diablo III

14. The Elder Scrolls Online

15. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

16. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

17. Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX 11)

18. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

19. StarCraft II

20. Overwatch

21. Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Chose the game you want to play on your HTPC and open your moonlight folder located in:

SMB: \\your_system\Roms\moonlight

Create a new file with the file extension .ml or copy the Game.ml.sample located in the config directory and remove the .sample file extension. In this example we want to start steam so create a file called Steam.ml.

SMB: \\your_system\Roms\moonlight\Steam.ml

Open this file, enter the following line, save & close.

MOONLIGHT_APP_ID=Steam

If you want to play Skyrim create a file called

SMB: \\your_system\Roms\moonlight\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.ml

Open it and enter the exact name without the number listed in moonlight so

MOONLIGHT_APP_ID=The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Save the file, close and open Emulationstation. You should now see Steam & The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim in your gamelist. Repeat the steps for all games you want to stream. Feel free to change the name of the file so you could also name it Skyrim.ml but make sure you enter the exact name that moonlight uses. Otherwise it will fail to start the game.

mupen64plus/m64p - m64p by m64p

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo 64

Rom dir: /storage/roms/n64

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\mupen64plus

SSH: /storage/.config/mupen64plus

Configuration:

Edit es_systems.cfg and replace <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.so %ROM%</command> with either <command>/usr/bin/m64p-cli.start %ROM%</command> or <command>/usr/bin/m64p.start %ROM%</command> to start Mupen64plus with with mupen64plus-ui-console or Qt5 based mupen64plus-gui.

PCSX2 - PCSX2 - The Playstation 2 emulator - Guide

Display Spoiler

Systems: Sony PS2

Rom dir: /storage/roms/ps2

Bios files:

PCSX2 is region-free and will run games regardless if the bios is of a different region.

default: ps2-0230e-20080220.bin - md5 dc69f0643a3030aaa4797501b483d6c4 | Europe

optional ps2-0230a-20080220.bin - md5 21038400dc633070a78ad53090c53017 | US

optional ps2-0210j-20040917.bin - md5 1ad977bb539fc9448a08ab276a836bbc | Japan

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\PCSX2

SSH: /storage/.config/PCSX2

Configuration:

PCSX2 relies ony my Docker container so you have to install the Kodi Docker addon first. It should be available in the standard LibreELEC repositories.

If you start Docker for the first time and every time I update the container your screen will stay black until about 1GB is download. So start PCSX2 and get a coffee or read some FAQ stuff while you wait. After the container is downloaded PCSX2 will start immediately into the game. I update the Docker image every once in a while and if a new version is available it has to pull the new image too before it will start. From build RR-20190325-1f81a86 and later the Docker image version is hard coded into the start script so if there will be an image update it's probably downloaded after you've updated your HTPC to a new LE RR build.

Some games need the --fullboot option. So editing es_systems.cfg and change the PCSX2 start command from <command>/usr/bin/pcsx2.start %ROM%</command> to <command>/usr/bin/pcsx2.start --fullboot %ROM%</command> and this should do the trick if you miss some language config option for example.

PPSSPP - Home · hrydgard/ppsspp Wiki · GitHub

Display Spoiler

Systems: Sony PSP

Rom dir: /storage/roms/psp

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\ppsspp

SSH: /storage/.config/ppsspp

VICE - VICE Manual - Table of Contents

Display Spoiler

Systems: Commodore C64

Rom dir: /storage/roms/c64

Config dir:

SSH: /storage/.vice

Libretro Cores:

libretro-2048 - https://github.com/libretro/libretro-2048

Display Spoiler

Systems: 2048

Rom dir: /storage/roms/2048

Bios dir:

Bios files:

Config dir:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\retroarch

SSH: /storage/.config/retroarch

libretro-atari800 - Atari - 5200 (Atari800) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Atari 800 / 5200

Rom dir: /storage/roms/atari800 /storage/roms/atari5200

Bios files:

5200.rom 5200 BIOS - Required 281f20ea4320404ec820fb7ec0693b38

ATARIXL.ROM Atari XL/XE OS BIOS - Required 06daac977823773a3eea3422fd26a703

ATARIBAS.ROM BASIC interpreter BIOS - Required 0bac0c6a50104045d902df4503a4c30b

ATARIOSA.ROM Atari 400/800 PAL BIOS - Required eb1f32f5d9f382db1bbfb8d7f9cb343a

ATARIOSB.ROM BIOS for Atari 400/800 NTSC - Required a3e8d617c95d08031fe1b20d541434b2

Config dir:

SSH: /storage/.atari800.cfg

libretro-bsnes-mercury (balanced|accuracy) - Nintendo - SNES / Famicom (bsnes-mercury Accuracy) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo - SNES

Rom dir: /storage/roms/snes

Bios files:

dsp1.data.rom DSP1 co-processor firmware - md5 3d81b45fa0c2aa8b852dfb1ece7c0971

dsp1.program.rom DSP1 co-processor firmware - md5 ae209fbe789fbf11a48aea5ab1197321

dsp1b.data.rom DSP1B co-processor firmware - md5 1e3f568634a7d8284020dddc0ae905bc

dsp1b.program.rom DSP1B co-processor firmware - md5 d10f446888e097cbf500f3f663cf4f6d

dsp2.data.rom DSP2 co-processor firmware - md5 e9417e29223b139c3c4b635a2a3b8744

dsp2.program.rom DSP2 co-processor firmware - md5 aa6e5922a3ed5ded54f24247c11143c5

dsp3.data.rom DSP3 co-processor firmware - md5 0a81210c0a940b997dd9843281008ee6

dsp3.program.rom DSP3 co-processor firmware - md5 d99ca4562818d49cee1f242705bba6f8

dsp4.data.rom DSP4 co-processor firmware - md5 ee4990879eb68e3cbca239c5bc20303d

dsp4.program.rom DSP4 co-processor firmware - md5 a151023b948b90ffc23a5b594bb6fef2

cx4.data.rom CX4 co-processor firmware - md5 037ac4296b6b6a5c47c440188d3c72e3

st010.data.rom ST010 co-processor firmware - md5 254d70762b6f59f99c27c395aba7d07d

st010.program.rom ST010 co-processor firmware - md5 1d70019179a59a566a0bb5d3f2845544

st011.data.rom ST011 co-processor firmware - md5 10bd3f4aa949737ab9836512c35bcc29

st011.program.rom ST011 co-processor firmware - md5 95222ebf1c0c2990bcf25db43743f032

st018.data.rom ST018 co-processor firmware - md5 49c898b60d0f15e90d0ba780dd12f366

st018.program.rom ST018 co-processor firmware - md5 dda40ccd57390c96e49d30a041f9a9e7

sgb.boot.rom Super Game Boy BIOS - md5 d574d4f9c12f305074798f54c091a8b4

Config dir:

Configuration:

To use the accuracy core on Generic systems open es_systems.cfg and change <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro.so %ROM%</command> to <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/bsnes_mercury_accuracy_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

libretro-beetle-pce-fast - NEC - PC Engine / CD (Beetle PCE FAST) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: NEC PC Engine

Rom dir: /storage/roms/pcecd /storage/roms/pcengine

Bios files:

yscard3.pce Super CD-ROM2 System V3.xx - Required 38179df8f4ac870017db21ebcbf53114

syscard2.pce CD-ROM System V2.xx - Optional

syscard1.pce CD-ROM System V1.xx - Optional

gexpress.pce Game Express CD Card - Optional

Config dir:

libretro-beetle-psx - Sony - PlayStation (Beetle PSX HW) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Sony PlayStation

Rom dir: /storage/roms/psx

Bios files:

scph5500.bin - md5 8dd7d5296a650fac7319bce665a6a53c

scph5501.bin - md5 490f666e1afb15b7362b406ed1cea246

scph5502.bin - md5 32736f17079d0b2b7024407c39bd3050

Config dir:

Configuration:

To use the Beetle-PSX hardware core with OpenGL/Vulkan support on Generic systems open es_systems.cfg and change <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/mednafen_psx_libretro.so %ROM%</command> to <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

libretro-beetle-saturn - Sega - Saturn (Beetle Saturn) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Sega - Saturn

Rom dir: /storage/roms/saturn

Bios files:

sega_101.bin - md5 85ec9ca47d8f6807718151cbcca8b964

mpr-17933.bin - md5 3240872c70984b6cbfda1586cab68dbe

Config dir:

libretro-beetle-wswan - Bandai - WonderSwan/Color (Beetle Cygne) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Bandai WonderSwan

Rom dir: /storage/roms/wonderswan  /storage/roms/wonderswancolor

Config dir:

libretro-blueMSX - MSX/SVI/ColecoVision/SG-1000 (blueMSX) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: MSX/SVI/ColecoVision/SG-1000 (blueMSX)

Rom dir: /storage/roms/msx

Bios files:

MSX/SVI/ColecoVision/SG-1000 (blueMSX) - Libretro Docs

Config dir:

libretro-chailove - ChaiLove - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: ChaiScript - Easy to use scripting for C++.

Rom dir: /storage/roms/chailove

Config dir:

libretro-citra - Nintendo - 3DS (Citra) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo - 3DS

Rom dir: /storage/roms/nds

Bios files:

Nintendo - 3DS (Citra) - Libretro Docs

Config dir:

libretro-desmume - Nintendo - DS (DeSmuME) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintedo NDS

Rom dir: /storage/roms/nds

Needs bios: optional

Bios files:

firmware.bin NDS Firmware - Optional 145eaef5bd3037cbc247c213bb3da1b3

bios7.bin ARM7 BIOS - Optional df692a80a5b1bc90728bc3dfc76cd948

bios9.bin ARM9 BIOS - Optional a392174eb3e572fed6447e956bde4b25

Config dir:

libretro-dolphin - Nintendo - GameCube/Wii (Dolphin) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo Gamecube/Wii

Rom dir: /storage/roms/gc /storage/roms/wii

Config dir:

libretro-dosbox - DOS (DOSBox) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Dos

Rom dir: /storage/roms/dos

Bios files:

Roland MT32 - MIDI files

-MT32_CONTROL.ROM - MD5 5626206284b22c2734f3e9efefcd2675

-MT32_PCM.ROM - MD5 89e42e386e82e0cacb4a2704a03706ca

Config dir:

libretro-fbalpha - https://retropie.org.uk/docs/finalburn-alpha/

Display Spoiler

Systems: Arcade / NeoGeo

Rom dir: /storage/roms/fba /storage/roms/neogeo

Bios dir: /storage/roms/fba /storage/roms/neogeo

Bios files:

depending on rom set

Config dir:

libretro-fceumm - Nintendo - NES / Famicom (FCEUmm) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo NES

Rom dir: /storage/roms/nes

Bios files:

disksys.rom - md5 ca30b50f880eb660a320674ed365ef7a

Config dir:

Configuration:

To use the FCEUMM core on Generic systems open es_systems.cfg and change <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/mesen_libretro.so %ROM%</command> to <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/fceumm_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

libretro-fuse - ZX Spectrum (Fuse) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: ZX Spectrum (Fuse)

Rom dir: /storage/roms/zxspectrum

Bios files:

ZX Spectrum (Fuse) - Libretro Docs

Config dir:

libretro-gambatte - Nintendo - Game Boy / Color (Gambatte) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo Gameboy / Gameboy Color

Rom dir: /storage/roms/gb /storage/roms/gbc

Bios files:

gb_bios.bin Game Boy BIOS - Optional 32fbbd84168d3482956eb3c5051637f5

gbc_bios.bin Game Boy Color BIOS - Optional dbfce9db9deaa2567f6a84fde55f9680

Config dir:

libretro-genplus - Sega - MS/GG/MD/CD (Genesis Plus GX) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Sega - MS/GG/MD/CD (Genesis Plus GX)

Rom dir: /storage/roms/gamegear /storage/roms/genesis /storage/roms/mastersystem /storage/roms/segacd

Bios files:

Sega - MS/GG/MD/CD (Genesis Plus GX) - Libretro Docs

Config dir:

libretro-kronos - Introducing Kronos: a new Sega Saturn/ST-V emulator

Display Spoiler

Bios files:

sega_101.bin - md5 85ec9ca47d8f6807718151cbcca8b964

mpr-17933.bin - md5 3240872c70984b6cbfda1586cab68dbe

Config dir:

Configuration:

To use Kronos on Generic builds open es_systems.cfg and change <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/mednafen_saturn_libretro.so %ROM%</command> to <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/kronos_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

libretro-mame2003-plus - Arcade (MAME 2003-Plus) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: arcade system

Rom dir: /storage/roms/mame2003-plus

Bios files:

Arcade (MAME 2003-Plus) - Libretro Docs

Config dir:

libretro-mame2016 - GitHub - libretro/mame2016-libretro: Late 2016 version of MAME (0.174) for libretro. Compatible with MAME 0.174 romsets.

Display Spoiler

Systems: arcade system

Rom dir: /storage/roms/mame2016

Bios files:

Arcade (MAME 2003-Plus) - Libretro Docs

Config dir:

libretro-mesen - Nintendo - NES / Famicom (Mesen) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo - NES / Famicom

Bios files:

Config dir:

libretro-mgba - Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (mGBA) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo - Game Boy Advance

Rom dir: /storage/roms/gba

Bios files:

Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (mGBA) - Libretro Docs

Config dir:

libretro-mrboom - Mr.Boom (Bomberman) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Mr.Boom (Bomberman)

Rom dir: /storage/roms/mrboom

Config dir:

libretro-mupen64plus - Nintendo - Nintendo 64 (Mupen64Plus) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo 64

Config dir:

libretro-nestopia - Nintendo - NES / Famicom (Nestopia UE) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo - NES / Famicom

Bios files:

Config dir:

Configuration:

To use the Nestopia core systems open es_systems.cfg and change <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/fceumm_libretro.so %ROM%</command> to <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/nestopia_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

libretro-parallel-n64 - ParaLLEl – Libretro

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo N64

Config dir:

libretro-pcsx-rearmed - Sony - PlayStation (PCSX ReARMed) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Sony - PlayStation

Rom dir: /storage/roms/psx

Bios files:

scph5500.bin - md5 8dd7d5296a650fac7319bce665a6a53c

scph5501.bin - md5 490f666e1afb15b7362b406ed1cea246

scph5502.bin - md5 32736f17079d0b2b7024407c39bd3050

Config dir:

Configuration:

To use PCSX ReARMed for Generic builds on low-end systems open es_systems.cfg and change <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/mednafen_psx_libretro.so %ROM%</command> to <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/pcsx_rearmed_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

libretro-ppsspp - Sony - PlayStation Portable (PPSSPP) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Sony - PSP

Rom dir: /storage/roms/psp

Needs bios: true for lr-ppsspp

Bios dir: /storage/roms/bios/PPSSPP

Bios files:

ppsspp/assets at master · hrydgard/ppsspp · GitHub

Config dir:

Note:

lr-ppsspp only works if you've disabled KMS for Retroarch otherwise it will crash.

libretro-prboom - Doom (PrBoom) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Doom & Doom II

Rom dir: /storage/roms/prboom

Bios dir: /storage/roms/prboom

Bios files:

prboom.wad PrBoom requires data ROM 'prboom.wad' inside the ROM directory.

Config dir:

libretro-reicast - Sega - Dreamcast (Reicast) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Sega Dreamcast

Rom dir: /storage/roms/dreamcast

Bios dir: /storage/roms/bios/dc

Bios files:

dc_boot.bin - md5 e10c53c2f8b90bab96ead2d368858623

dc_flash.bin - md5 0a93f7940c455905bea6e392dfde92a4

Config dir:

libretro-scummvm - ScummVM - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: ScummVM

Rom dir: /storage/roms/scummvm

Config dir:

Configuration:

Enter the directory of your game for example "The Secret of Monkey Island" which is located in:

/storage/roms/scummvm/The Secret of Monkey Island

create a new file with the file extension .scummvm so for example:

The Secret of Monkey Island.scummvm

Open the file and enter the short name of the game. You will find them in the ScummVM compatibility table. In this example the short name is monkey so enter this name and save the file.

Restart emulationstation and the game should appear in the gamelist.

libretro-snes9x - Nintendo - SNES / Famicom (Snes9x) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo - SNES / Famicom

Config dir:

Configuration:

To use the snes9x core on Generic systems open es_systems.cfg and change <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/bsnes_mercury_accuracy_libretro.so %ROM%</command> to <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/snes9x_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

libretro-snes9x2010 - Nintendo - SNES / Famicom (Snes9x 2010) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Nintendo - SNES / Famicom

Config dir:

libretro-stella - Atari - 2600 (Stella) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Atari - 2600

Rom dir: /storage/roms/atari2600

Config dir:

libretro-tyrquake - Quake 1 (TyrQuake) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Systems: Quake 1

Rom dir: /storage/roms/tyrquake

Bios dir: /storage/roms/tyrquake

Bios files:

Quake 1 (TyrQuake) - Libretro Docs

Config dir:

libretro-vice - https://retropie.org.uk/docs/commodore-64-vic-20-pet/

Display Spoiler

Systems: Commodore C64

Rom dir: /storage/roms/c64

Config dir:

libretro-yabause - Sega - Saturn (Yabause) - Libretro Docs

Display Spoiler

Bios files:

Sega - Saturn (Yabause) - Libretro Docs

Config dir:

Edited 18 times, last by 5schatten (September 9, 2018 at 12:02 PM).

• Frontend section | How to's | Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

Check out Addons -> My add-ons -> Services -> RR Configuration to configure Audio, Video and Emulation stuff. Reboot your system once you've changed your audio output device!

EuYV7iY.jpg

I. Keyboard buttons in different apps

• Kodi shutdown menu = S
    • Kodi context menu = C
    • Spotify exit = Alt+Esc
    • Emulationstation menu = Alt
    • Emulationstation options = AltGR
    • Emulationstation exit = Alt+F4
    • Retroarch menu = F1
    • Retroarch exit = AltGR
    • Dolphin exit = Alt+Esc
    • PCSX2 exit = Alt+Esc
    • Amiberry menu = F12
    • Amiberry joystick/mouse switch = F11
    • FS-UAE menu = F12
    • Hatari menu = F12
    • Hatari floppy menu = AltGR+D
    • Hatari quit = AltGR+Q
    • VICE menu = F12

II. Emulationstation | Pegasus-Frontend | Retroarch

Once I've added new cores to my build you have to update your es_systems.cfg! The easiest way to do this is to delete the old file and apply the new update (again). Then the latest file version will be installed.

Themes:

You can download your favorite emulationstation themes and extract them to \\your-device\Configfiles\emulationstation\themes\ check out the RetroPie wiki for further details.

Pegasus-Frontend also supports themes for example gameOS so extreact them to \\your-device\Configfiles\pegasus-frontend\themes\

to be able to use them afterwards.

ROMS:

Out of the box Emulationstation will look for roms in /storage/roms so place your roms according to the emulator in the subfolders:

Display Spoiler
    • amiga
    • atari800
    • atari2600
    • atari5200
    • atarist
    • c64
    • chailove
    • dos
    • dreamcast
    • fba
    • gamecube
    • gamegear
    • gb
    • gba
    • gbc
    • genesis
    • mame2003
    • mame2010/mame2016
    • mastersystem
    • msx
    • n3ds
    • n64
    • nds
    • neogeo
    • nes
    • pcecd
    • pcengine
    • prboom
    • ps2
    • psp
    • psx
    • saturn
    • scummvm
    • segacd
    • snes
    • tyrquake
    • wii
    • wonderswan
    • wonderswancolor
    • zxspectrum

III. Kernel mode setting (KMS):

In KMS mode games have less input lag which might improve your overall experience. By default libretro-cores (Retroarch) won't run in KMS mode on generic systems. You can enable it in the RR-Config Addon this should work for Intel & AMD based GPUs at the moment.

Display Spoiler

As Emulationstation is only a frontend that starts the libretro-cores another option is to set KMS for every libretro emulator individually by editing the Emulationstation system config file:

SMB: \\your_system\Configfiles\emulationstation\es_systems.cfg

You'll find a <command> /usr/bin/... </command> line for every emulator. By editing these you can chose between those two modes.

This will start PPSSPP in NOKMS mode:

<command>/usr/bin/retroarch-nokms.start -L /tmp/cores/ppsspp_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

This will start PPSSPP in KMS mode if available:

<command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/ppsspp_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

IV. Sound & Audio configuration

Before you try to run any emulators make sure your Kodi audio configuration works! So have a look at https://kodi.wiki/view/settings/system/audio or Audio quickstart guide - Official Kodi Wiki first, play some media and double check that your Kodi settings are correct.

After your Kodi audio output works check out the RR Configuration addon and select a proper audio output device. If you want FluidSynth MIDI support & use video previews in Emulationstation or Pegasus you have to select PulseAudio as backend. If autoconfigure fails disable it & PulseAudio uses the same device you've selected before.

If you use PulseAudio and experience glitches, skips or crackling then disable timer-based audio scheduling (tsched) in the audio menu.

If your sound output is missing on recent Intel systems & builds that use Linux Kernel 5.0+ then enter this in a terminal & reboot.

Code
    echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" >>/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

Don't change audio backends in your emulators because this is done automatically to match the audio backend configuration in RR-Config if you still change the audio backend in an emulator it will most likely crash or you will have no sound output at all.

V. Kodi Themes & Custom Skins

If you prefer a custom skin and want to start the apps & emulator frontends you'll have to find a way to execute the following scripts. Confluence users can uses this to include the emulation frontends.

Display Spoiler

Chrome

# /usr/bin/app-google-chrome.py

Spotify

# /usr/bin/app-spotify.py

Emulationstation

# /usr/bin/frontend-emulationstation.py

Emulationstation

# /usr/bin/frontend-pegasus-fe.py

Retroarch

# /usr/bin/frontend-retroarch.py

For example frontend-emulationstation.py runs these commands:

Python
    #!/usr/bin/python
    import subprocess
    subprocess.call("systemd-run /usr/bin/emulationstation.start", shell=True)

You should also check out Waspoeders Github repo for his script addons GitHub - Waspoedertje/Kodiaddon: KodiAddons to start python apps for 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv which allow you to start the apps & frontends by using Kodi addons.

VI. Qt5 environment vars

The included Pegasus frontend, Dolphin, Citra & Mupen64plus use Qt5 as framework so you might have to change some variables to achieve an optimal experience.

For generic systems Qt is set to automatic screen scale which means it should set the fontsize according to your monitor/tv size. If your menus are still too big or small disable Qt AUTO SCREEN SCALE & adjust the Qt SCALE FACTOR until your menus have a proper size.

All ARM based builds come with a preset for a 26 inch television and adjust the dpi according to this. So if you have a screen which is smaller or bigger adjust your QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT and QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH in RR-Config to the physical dimensions of your screen.

VII. Mesa 3D & Vulkan tools

On generic systems you can run the following commands in a terminal to test your 3D capabilities and gather information. If you ran into issues like not working Vulkan API or else first run these commands and test if basic programs that utilize those 3D APIs run fine.

Mesa 3D (OpenGL)

glxinfo

glxgears

Vulkan

vulkaninfo

vkcube

VIII. AMD GPU Driver

If you own a card based on CGN 1.0 or later you can try to use the amdgpu driver instead of radeonsi. Log into your system using a terminal and run these commands. See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/amdgpu#enable_southern_islands_(si)_and_sea_islands_(cik)_support for further details.

Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash
    nano /flash/syslinux.cfg

Search for the line APPEND boot=... depending on your card and add the following to the kernel command line:

Code: CGN 1.0 cards:
    radeon.si_support=0 amdgpu.si_support=1
    Code: CGN 1.1 cards:
    radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.cik_support=1

IX. Configuring a Custom xorg.conf

When you can't select a desired resolution or some emulator menus of Dolphin, Citra or Mupen64plus that use Qt5 as framework are wrong sized you may need to create a custom xorg.conf for you system. This is something you've to individually adjust to your system and can't be set at default for all systems because the variety of hardware configurations.

An example or this issue

WPp3rFa.jpg

Before you proceed make sure you know what your doing, using an incorrectly formatted xorg.conf can cripple your system and should be avoided.

To use a custom xorg.conf you simply have to access the configfiles samba share and save a text file named xorg.conf

If your machine doesn't boot after you have done this. Simply delete the file and reboot.

Please select one of the following xorg.conf based on which GPU your machine has.

Nvidia Graphics

You can try to run one of these commands in a terminal to autogenerate a xorg.conf file. If you use a Geforce series 600 or newer you probably use driver version 410.93. So if you use a Geforce series 500 or older use the command for the legacy driver version 340.107.

Code: xf86-video-nvidia-410.93
    nvidia-main-xconfig --xconfig=/etc/X11/xorg-nvidia.conf --output-xconfig=/storage/.config/xorg.conf
    Code: xf86-video-nvidia-legacy-340.107
    nvidia-legacy-xconfig --xconfig=/etc/X11/xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf --output-xconfig=/storage/.config/xorg.conf

If you want to create the xorg.conf by yourself use this template:

Color Space

To configure the colorspace for an Nvidia GPU you have to uncomment and comment out certain lines in the xorg.conf

Code
    #   Option "ColorRange""Full"
        Option "ColorRange""Limited"
    AMD Graphics

Color Space

To configure the colorspace for an AMD GPU you have to uncomment and comment out certain lines in the xorg.conf

Code
    #   Option "ColorRange""Full"
        Option "ColorRange""Limited"
    Intel Graphics

Sources:

Xorg - ArchWiki

https://openelec.tv/documentation/…nvidia-graphics

X. Fix tearing on Generic systems

If you encounter tearing in emulation frontends or Chrome you should have a look at section IX how to set up and configure a xorg.conf file and create one or change it to match the following options to fix tearing. All configs have been tested on several platform and were approved.

Nvidia Graphics

LibreELEC 9.x RR [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

AMD Graphics

LibreELEC 9.x RR [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

Code
    Section "Device"   
     Identifier "Radeon"   
     Driver "radeon"   
     Option "TearFree" "on"   
     Option "DRI" "3"   
     Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
    EndSection
    Intel Graphics

Code
    Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Device0"
    Driver      "intel"
    VendorName  "INTEL Corporation"
    Option "TripleBuffer" "true"
    Option "TearFree" "true"
    EndSection

XI. Enabling the RAM disk

Compressed rom files will be extracted to /tmp/emulation by the start scripts of Amiberry, FS-UAE, Hatari, m64p and als Retroarch so for example if you run N64 games of the max cartridge size of 512 Mibit then 64MiB will be written on your drive everytime you run this game.

If you play a lot of compressed games you might want to save some wear and tear of your SD card or SSD. Check out the template file in \\yourdevice\configfiles\system.d\tmp-emulation.mount search for Options=size=256m and adjust the size according to your system.

For example ~70MB should be enough for N64 games and is probably suitable for RPi but the default size of 256MB shouldn't hurt your RAM on Generic systems as well. Enable it by running this command in a terminal:

cd ~/.config/system.d && systemctl enable tmp-emulation.mount then reboot your system once.

Edited 106 times, last by 5schatten (September 15, 2018 at 7:53 PM).

• andersos

The Generic build works quite fine. I've tested it today and made a clean installation on my Apollo Lake based HTPC. All emulators work fine as far as I can tell, Chrome & Spotify work and should update now automatically, TVheadend+HTS client works and the inputstream.adaptive based Amazon VOD addon too.

I've built and uploaded MakeMKV but I'm not sure if it will work. Looks like the MakeMKV source needs an update since LE9.0 uses ffmpeg v4.0 and that version has some more ore less incompatible changes included. But you can give it a try.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17460

Right now I'm ironing out the last bugs of the RPi build but beside some emulator quirks this mostly works too.

• Wow, this looks awesome. Big thanx for keeping LE Remix alive!

Just a question, could Dolphin be easily exchanged with Ishiiruka?
    Would it make sense to drop Dolphin and build Ishiiruka in LE Remix?

Since it is faster and less cpu consuming.

Will test it soon by myself... but have anyone installed MakeMKV 9.0.0, does it work?
    Would like to watch BluRays inside Kodi.

Update:

Really cool build, fixed two bugs for me at once. Always had problems with my Harmony 700 remote (and used my wireless keyboard instead), when I clicked on up down left right buttons, the cursor skipped one menue point and jumped already to the second. Now the problem is gone.
    Finally TVHeadend is working! Tried everything to get it working, always got the error TVheadend client is not reachable. Now it works out of the box.

What is definitly not working is MakeMKV, tried to play a Bluray: Kodi reboots.

Hope this can be fixed.

Also my favourite Skin is not working with Leia anymore. Is there any skin avaible for Leia which supports customisation of the menue?

Had used Estuary v2 Extended Shortcuts before, now it's incompatible.

Edited once, last by FalconX (June 22, 2018 at 2:07 AM).

• Looks amazing! thank you!

Everything seem to work great, besides citra, which is unable to find the system files. (files placed under ~/roms/citra)

Looking at the logs, i'm thinking it might be the double slash ("/storage/roms/n3ds//Citra"), but not sure how to update this path.

Display Spoiler

[INFO] Loading history file: [/storage/.config/retroarch/content_history.lpl].

[INFO] Loading history file: [/storage/.config/retroarch/content_favorites.lpl].

[INFO] Loading history file: [/storage/.config/retroarch/content_music_history.lpl].

[INFO] Loading history file: [/storage/.config/retroarch/content_video_history.lpl].

[INFO] Loading history file: [/storage/.config/retroarch/content_image_history.lpl].

[INFO] [GL]: VSync => on

[INFO] [GLX]: glXSwapInterval(1)

[ERROR] failed_to_start_audio_driver

[libretro WARN] Service.SRV @ core/hle/service/sm/srv.cpp:RegisterClient:48: (STUBBED) called

[libretro WARN] Service.SRV @ core/hle/service/sm/srv.cpp:EnableNotification:70: (STUBBED) called

[libretro WARN] Service.APT @ core/hle/service/apt/apt.cpp:GetLockHandle:255: (STUBBED) called applet_attributes=0X00000000

[libretro WARN] Service.NDM @ core/hle/service/ndm/ndm.cpp:OverrideDefaultDaemons:207: (STUBBED) default_daemon_bit_mask=0x0000000F

[libretro WARN] Service.NDM @ core/hle/service/ndm/ndm.cpp:SuspendDaemons:92: (STUBBED) daemon_bit_mask=0x00000009

[libretro WARN] Service.FS @ core/hle/service/fs/fs_user.cpp:InitializeWithSdkVersion:540: (STUBBED) called, version: 0x050201C8

[libretro WARN] Service.APT @ core/hle/service/apt/apt.cpp:AppletUtility:455: (STUBBED) called command=0X00000004, input_size=0X00000001, output_size=0X00000001

[libretro WARN] Service.APT @ core/hle/service/apt/apt.cpp:NotifyToWait:234: (STUBBED) app_id=768

[libretro WARN] Service.APT @ core/hle/service/apt/apt.cpp:AppletUtility:455: (STUBBED) called command=0X00000007, input_size=0X00000004, output_size=0X00000001

[libretro WARN] Service.APT @ core/hle/service/apt/apt.cpp:AppletUtility:455: (STUBBED) called command=0X00000004, input_size=0X00000001, output_size=0X00000001

[libretro WARN] Service.HID @ core/hle/service/hid/hid.cpp:GetGyroscopeLowCalibrateParam:342: (STUBBED) called

[libretro WARN] Service.GSP @ core/hle/service/gsp/gsp_gpu.cpp:AcquireRight:665: called flag=00000000 process=10 thread_id=0

[libretro INFO] Service.DSP @ core/hle/service/dsp_dsp.cpp:LoadComponent:150: Firmware hash: 0xe00a211577bc944e

[libretro INFO] Service.DSP @ core/hle/service/dsp_dsp.cpp:LoadComponent:154: Structures hash: 0x228655de1258d999

[libretro WARN] Service.DSP @ core/hle/service/dsp_dsp.cpp:LoadComponent:159: (STUBBED) called size=0xC288, prog_mask=0x000000FF, data_mask=0x000D00FF, buffer=0x00611AB0

[libretro INFO] Service.DSP @ core/hle/service/dsp_dsp.cpp:RegisterInterruptEvents:251: Registered type=2, pipe=2, event_handle=0x000D8028

[libretro WARN] Service.DSP @ core/hle/service/dsp_dsp.cpp:GetSemaphoreEventHandle:176: (STUBBED) called

[libretro WARN] Service.DSP @ core/hle/service/dsp_dsp.cpp:SetSemaphoreMask:473: (STUBBED) called mask=0x00002000

[libretro INFO] Audio.DSP @ audio_core/hle/hle.cpp:PipeWrite:149: Application has requested initialization of DSP hardware

[libretro WARN] Service.DSP @ core/hle/service/dsp_dsp.cpp:SetSemaphore:274: (STUBBED) called

[libretro WARN] Service.DSP @ core/hle/service/dsp_dsp.cpp:SetSemaphore:274: (STUBBED) called

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/file_sys/archive_extsavedata.cpp:OpenFile:123: /storage/roms/n3ds//Citra/nand/data/00000000000000000000000000000000/extdata/00048000/F000000B/user/ubll.lst not found

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/hle/service/fs/fs_user.cpp:OpenFile:69: failed to get a handle for file [Wchar: /ubll.lst]

[libretro WARN] Service.FS @ core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:LoadOverrides:244: Loaded NCCH /storage/roms/n3ds//Citra/nand/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/0004009b/00010202/content/00000000.app is tainted, application behavior may not be as expected!

[libretro WARN] Service.FS @ core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:ReadOverrideRomFS:403: File /storage/roms/n3ds//Citra/nand/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/0004009b/00010202/content/00000000.app.romfs overriding built-in RomFS

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/file_sys/archive_extsavedata.cpp:OpenFile:123: /storage/roms/n3ds//Citra/nand/data/00000000000000000000000000000000/extdata/00048000/F000000B/user/CFL_DB.dat not found

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/hle/service/fs/fs_user.cpp:OpenFile:69: failed to get a handle for file [Wchar: /CFL_DB.dat]

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/file_sys/archive_extsavedata.cpp:OpenFile:123: /storage/roms/n3ds//Citra/nand/data/00000000000000000000000000000000/extdata/00048000/F000000B/user/CFL_OldDB.dat not found

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/hle/service/fs/fs_user.cpp:OpenFile:69: failed to get a handle for file [Wchar: /CFL_OldDB.dat]

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/file_sys/savedata_archive.cpp:DeleteFile:109: File not found /storage/roms/n3ds//Citra/nand/data/00000000000000000000000000000000/extdata/00048000/F000000B/user/CFL_OldDB.dat

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/file_sys/savedata_archive.cpp:DeleteFile:109: File not found /storage/roms/n3ds//Citra/nand/data/00000000000000000000000000000000/extdata/00048000/F000000B/user/CFL_DB.dat

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/file_sys/archive_extsavedata.cpp:OpenFile:123: /storage/roms/n3ds//Citra/nand/data/00000000000000000000000000000000/extdata/00048000/F000000B/user/CFL_DB.dat not found

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/hle/service/fs/fs_user.cpp:OpenFile:69: failed to get a handle for file [Wchar: /CFL_DB.dat]

[libretro ERROR] Service.FS @ core/file_sys/savedata_archive.cpp:CreateFile:222: /storage/roms/n3ds//Citra/nand/data/00000000000000000000000000000000/extdata/00048000/F000000B/user/gamecoin.dat already exists

[libretro WARN] Service.PTM @ core/hle/service/ptm/ptm.cpp:GetTotalStepCount:106: (STUBBED) called

[INFO] Environ SET_MESSAGE: Citra was unable to locate the 3DS shared fonts.

[libretro ERROR] Service.APT @ core/hle/service/apt/apt.cpp:GetSharedFont:203: shared font file missing - go dump it from your 3ds

• For makemkv there is a fix in the makemkv forum. Search in the Linux section from the forum. I have a working version on my HTPC with one of the latest Milhouse Builds. Maybe 5schatten can bring it inside the build as an addon like escalade.

• For makemkv there is a fix in the makemkv forum. Search in the Linux section from the forum. I have a working version on my HTPC with one of the latest Milhouse Builds. Maybe 5schatten can bring it inside the build as an addon like escalade.

I already patched the MakeMKV addon but I haven't tested it.

ytwig

Look at the how-to / faq section bios. You need to dump some 3DS system files first, or at last for certain games.

Dumping System Archives and the Shared Fonts from a 3DS Console - Citra

FalconX

Well it should be possible though I'm not sure if it's reasonable. As far as I understand Ishiiruka was forked to avoid shader stuttering in the past. Since Ubershaders and Vulkan renderer work pretty fine and fast it shouldn't be necessary IMHO. But sure you can replace the sources and adjust cmake opts and it should compile.

What kind of hardware do you use?

escalade

Great thx for your help! I'll add the patch and upload a new version soon. I'm struggling to get all RPi emulators working. I already replaced vice for RPi by libretro-vice because of some SDLvideo GLES quirks. Just wondering if currently uae4arm & reicast work fine on your 8.2 build since those just won't work as expected.

Edited 3 times, last by 5schatten (June 22, 2018 at 9:23 AM).