I really enjoyed Escalades LE 8.0 Remix but if you look into detail the 8.2.x base is pretty outdated. I've felt it's time to rebase the Remix build. The LE team overhauled the build system and there are pretty usefull features like git handler scripts that make it easier to build stuff without downloading the source everytime. I also wanted to take advantage of new Kodi 18 features and finally beeing able to watch my Amazon Prime VOD without using Chrome everytime.
I know there is ongoing work to integrate RetroPlayer but IMHO this Kodi feature will never be able to compete with standanlone emulation frontends like Retroarch or Retropies Emulationstation fork. Also even the latest available Dolphin libretro-core lacks features of the standalone version and since the develeopers dropped DolphinWX support I had to find a solution for this problem. So here we are, I rebased, updated and adjusted the packages for LE9.0-devel, added QT support for DolphinQT and fixed some non working stuff.
As far as I can tell everything works as fine as the recent LE9 Alpha or nightly builds. Kodi 18 has it first beta releases, Retroarch, Emulationstation-Retropie and also every emulator is tested and works so far, inputstream.adaptive is included and Amazon VOD also works like a charm.
I personally use these builds on 4 systems for daily usage so it should be suitable, beside some edge cases, for most users too.
II. Currently supported & unsupported devices
- Generic AMD & Intel systems with IGP and/or discrete AMD or Nvidia GPU
- Khadas Vim (Amlogic S905X) - Testbuilds available
- Raspberry Pi 2B, 3B, 3B+
- Rockchip based devices -> need a testing device first
III. Important Notes
- Read the FAQ ⇩
- You'll need a system partition size >512MB for generic builds - to avoid conflicts I would recommend a clean install.
- Updating LE9.0 alpha builds, i.e. LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0), should work fine for RPi.
- Updating escalades LE8.2 builds can work but is not supported.
- This fork is build for Emulationstation-Retropie & Retroarch, not Retroplayer nor Kodi-Game add-ons. You can still download and install them but they are not supported by me.
- All included emulators are tested on generic Intel & RPi3 systems with at least one game and run fine. So read the FAQ ⇩
IV. Bug reports / How to ask for support:
If your problem exists on regular LibreELEC then create a new thread. That means you should compare with regular LE9.0-devel if possible. Please include a debug log with all bug reports as this greatly increases your chances of anyone taking an interest in your issue.
One way to do this:
- Post the zip file from the logshare together with information about your hardware.
- Enable debug logging:
Settings > System > Logging > Enable debug logging
- Reproduce the issue
- Upload the log:
Settings > LibreELEC > System > Submit Log > Upload latest Kodi log
- Post the URL in the forum with a description of the problem.
In the case of Kodi crashing use the
Upload latest Kodi crash log option.
Bug reports without a suitable log will often be ignored - no debug log, no issue - or at best will take much longer to be investigated.
- LibreELEC 9.0-RR files
- Generic x86-64 Add-Ons | MakeMKV
- Generic x86-64 builds
- Khadas Vim builds (S905X)
RaspberryPi (RPi2 | RPi3) builds
VII. Note of thanks
Well I highly appreciate the effort and work of the LE team, escalade, the guys behind all the libretro cores, Retroarch and emulators, the team that forked and updated Emulationstation and all that I forgot. If you like my builds feel free to drop me a line and or donate some bucks to a project you prefer to keep things going!