@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Friends, we know that a lot of people are using dual boot android boxes.

I did not see whether someone has asked before but in the 9.0.2 version shutdown options there is no "Reboot To Android" ...

Does anyone have information?

• Does the absence of

meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb

in s905x2 images

mean the build is not suitable for

X96 Max 2G/16G 100Mb NIC

devices?

There is no point in burning the images and posting about the results if they are not relevant.

• Official Post

Friends, we know that a lot of people are using dual boot android boxes.

I did not see whether someone has asked before but in the 9.0.2 version shutdown options there is no "Reboot To Android" ...

Does anyone have information?

Reboot to Android requires the GUI hack to write a value to the u-boot environment to toggle the boot device from SD card to eMMC. LE has never included that hack in any of our official images. NB: This thread is for mainline kernel images not 9.0.2 legacy image questions.

• Reboot to Android requires the GUI hack to write a value to the u-boot environment to toggle the boot device from SD card to eMMC. LE has never included that hack in any of our official images. NB: This thread is for mainline kernel images not 9.0.2 legacy image questions.

Thank you very much for your reply and for your explanation.

Being a beginner is a difficult thing, I will learn more thanks to you ...

Best Regards

• Lima and Panfrost will give us the same or better experience like proprietary blobs from ARM in 2021, there's much more things to be polished. Meanwhile, we can help joining the bugfest or settle with what already works.../shrug

• LibreELEC-AMLG12.arm-9.1-devel-20190621151821-723bcce-s905x2.img.gz

X96 Max 2g/16G 100M NIC

Boots ok. NIC seems to connect to switch, goes off and then seems to be present again, except no data connection present.

In the settings the NIC is 'Active' but no connection is available.

It seems to me that the NIC is good initially during boot, with a proper connection (based on switch LEDs), but goes off and then comes back on again but without a connection.

EDIT:

I went back to the aarch image from 2019-06-11 and that one provides a solid connection during boot as it did previously.

Edited 2 times, last by JohnBoyz (June 23, 2019 at 12:40 AM).

• Official Post

Just as a general note for people. The team has made a decision not to release Amlogic (and Allwinner) images as part of LE 9.2 which is currently being built and will see an ALPHA1 release this week. Amlogic mainline has several outstanding technical decisions related to boot and Panfrost has some critical bugs that developers simply haven't had time to look at properly due to current work and family commitments. The summer vacation season is also about to start - so the last thing we need is a bump in user numbers while people resources are lighter. There are also large changes pending for Linux 5.3 which will be beneficial (G12 devices running at full clock speed will be great) and this also means a load of device-tree rework and testing effort. So instead of spending lots of time trying to support a Linux 5.1 based LE 9.2 release with a load of complex backporting work, the mainline codebase will make better progress with less effort if we concentrate upon the master branch where we can shift focus to Linux 5.3 where more changes are upstream and the amount of commit/patch juggling reduces.

As I ended up being release manager for LE 9.2 and I'm also one of the people with too many work commitments, the final plumbing changes needed to start master nightlies and push add-ons will have to wait until the dust settles on the first LE 9.2 alpha. NB: VIM3 users with a shiny new board will be catered for one way or another .. no need for anyone to panic about that.

• For years and months people have dedicated themselves to testing and reporting help, giving, solving problems here, they have left their family obligations to support this forum when they needed it most.

chewitt

I am not going to deepen it,

because his apologetic vacancies are not objective without annex

and called incompetence

• Just as a general note for people. The team has made a decision not to release Amlogic (and Allwinner) images as part of LE 9.2 which is currently being built and will see an ALPHA1 release this week. Amlogic mainline has several outstanding technical decisions related to boot and Panfrost has some critical bugs that developers simply haven't had time to look at properly due to current work and family commitments.

That's fair enough, but it's easy to see how folks lose hope with this Amlogic hardware.

I'm just glad we won't see yet another 3.14 kernel release.

Edited 2 times, last by powerarmour (June 23, 2019 at 4:58 PM).

• That's fair enough, but it's easy to see how folks lose hope with this Amlogic hardware.

I'm just glad we won't see yet another 3.14 kernel release.

Why ? If another 3.14 kernel release works why should you care ?

Amlogic hardware offers the best bang for buck relationship on the market and yes there still is software that fully supports it.

As a developer I can understand the desire to0 move on to better things - but as a user you are just shooting yourself in the foot.

Shoog

• Shoog I hope you are kidding - 3.14 in 2019... Who will keep the security patches coming? Amlogic?

This is a bit of a red herring since anyone hacking your media box can what "steel your media", "crash your box", "hack across your badly setup SAMBA network". The security benefits a newer kernel will bring will not prevent any of these scenario's from happening. Get serious.

There are literally millions of Android devices running these kernels and the sky isn't falling in on those users.

Shoog