@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Hi there! So you say this firmware also works for M8S? I have exactly the same box, currently on android 4.4.2.

• Yes, mine is KK 4.4.2 as well.

Remote control does not work, you need to use any usb wireless remote.

Remote s*cks anyway )) Does it see all ram? How huge is the performance difference?
    How do I install img.gz?

Edited once, last by rgnr (August 20, 2018 at 3:17 PM).

• How do I install img.gz?

If you have not run LibreElec on your M8S before, then you need to first activate multi-boot from an image written to USB (you only do this once)

I noticed you also posted in this thread... [S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

If you read page #1 you will find a lot of tips...especially post #11 about multi-boot and installing img.gz (I think "Download img.xz" was meant to be "Download img.gz)

Also, I used a USB stick to write img.gz because I kept getting corrupt errors when using SD card.

Even though I tried LibreElec 9 (Kodi 18 Leia) and it worked, I'm not using it because (1) whitelist does not contain all the required framrates (2) cannot get Dolby Digital 5.1 passthrough (3) no remote control support

I reverted back to Kodi 17.6 Krypton which has all those things working. (LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.6_20180106-MXIII_Plus.img.gz as in post #1)

• hi balbes: can you make a 64bit build for Odroid C2 ? I am having adamg's latest coreelec build.

I want to upgrade it to your build and test if the video stuttering problem is solved.

Thanks...

• balbes150

Good to see you making major LE contributions as well ! 👻👻

1. Great ideas both, since they eliminate a lot of manual work.

Is it possible for you to just look at the LibreElec remote.conf and mxq repo for many such files?

remote.conf repository

http://mxqproject.com/files/remote-config-file/

2. Does installtointernal (to eMMC) eliminate remote.conf incompatibility for IR remotes with your generic S905/X/W Kodi 18alpha builds?

Updated image Libreelec_s905_aarch64_20180425.

Other options for s912 and arm will be added later as build and test.

Major change.

1. The shared dtb file (dtb.img) is excluded from the image. The startup script will attempt to use dtb data from internal memory. If the system fails to start in this mode, you must manually copy the correct file from the /device_trees directory to the root and rename it to "dtb.img " (this principle is exactly the same as it has long been used in all Armbian images). You can try all the files in a row, until you have selected an option with full support for all iron TV box.

2. Added the ability to easily connect the settings file for the remote. It must be copied to the directory /storage/.config/rc_keymaps named remote-ir.conf. Additional manipulations are not required. Now already have one settings file for Khadas VIM\VIM2. If someone wants to add their own choices in the images - to send it to me indicating the model of the TV box.

• I've installed the image S912 20180814 on my Minix U9 and its working great apart from I don't get any AAC sound output. Raw TS files with AAC sound or iPlayer, doesn't seem to matter. Is anyone else having an issue with this before I do a wipe and troubleshoot settings?

• Hi. I've burned the .gz to the SD and used toothpic method, but got some console errors.