@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Official Post

1. That would not confuse users Libreelec, discussion Armbian need to do on the forum Armbian.

2. For the image LE you may try all options dtb gxl_p212* gxl_p230* gxl_p231* gxl_p281* .

For all. Update versions S905 and s912 arm 50180601.

• Hi! For me everything works in sd, but I cannot get the installtointetnal to work, I mean, after I do installtointetnal, then reboot and then Recovery screen, what am I doing wrong?

• Official Post

Hi! For me everything works in sd, but I cannot get the installtointetnal to work, I mean, after I do installtointetnal, then reboot and then Recovery screen, what am I doing wrong?

You have tried to use the installation through the shutdown menu ?

does your leia build still use remote.conf?

No

is it possible to turn off amlogic noise reduction? For example like it's made in alexelec? Or this could be default setting without GUI

Does AlexELEC use Leia (KODI-18) ?

• On initial boot Network/Connections the Wired Device is missing on Nexbox A95X.

After reboot it is there.

I set it to manual, enter something but when i hit save it disappears again.

I have to make some stuff with the box like switching usb ports, changing dtbs, connecting disconnecting usb keabord and for some reason then it works.

Is this the Future of Computer? :)

EDIT: Now it doesnt reboot.

Its always the same with every build i tested.

several reboots and tries to save manual wired network.

then it doesnt reboot.

restarting box and then i can save network settings.

installing dvbviewer addon from coreelec repo.

changing channels video often starts freezed for 10 seconds and then it runs.

Edited once, last by wedok (June 6, 2018 at 6:44 PM).

• Similar problem here as directly above:

Device: T95Z Plus (S912, 3GB Ram, Gigabit ethernet)

1. I downloaded the most recent (LibreELEC-S912.arm-18.0_20180601.img) at time of writing. Used Win32 disk imager to write to freshly formatted SD.

2. Rebooted using "reboot update" from terminal emulator to ensure multiboot was updated.

3. LibreElec booted but no USB keyboard/remote support

4. Removed the stock dtb.img from the sd card and tried again

5. LibreElec booted and my USB remote/keyboard worked perfectly but no ethernet connection appears under Settings/LibreElec/Connections

6. Reboot device

7. eth0 appears under Settings/LibreElec/Connections but when I choose to connect it disappears.

Any advice on getting ethernet working here?

Am I correct in having no dtb.img in the root of the SD card?

Any help greatly appreciated

• I have S905x device. I downloaded two versions of your firmware - one from May, one from June. I installed it on a microSD card using Win32DiskImager and used gxl_p212_2g DTB. This method worked with every other LE fork I tried before, however with your images I'm getting an error at the beginning of booting process. Here's the error message: ru0k7sg.jpg

What am I doing wrong? :/

EDIT

Got it to working. I know I should have activated the multiboot but my device (WIWA Dream Player) is weird. I never had to do it, it booted automatically from microSD by itself with every other images I tried. It seemed to have microSD on higher priority than internal by default. However, I couldn't get your image to boot, for some reason.

From what I read, I needed to use some kind of toothpick method by pressing reset button to activate multiboot? My device doesn't have reset button, so I used other method. Someone made a guide for people without reset button on how to run software from microSD. Even though I didn't need it before, it seemed necessary for this LE build.

What I did was:

1) Prepare empty update.zip file on my PC and copy it to pendrive

2) Run default Android OS on TVBox without microSD connected (otherwise it would try to boot LE with error)

3) Once it booted up, connected the microSD with your LibreElec and the USB pendrive with fake update.zip

4) Go to built-in updater app and try to update the OS with this blank update.zip file

5) Device would restart and this time it booted up correctly from the microSD with your LE

Yeah, it's a weird device :P So far, everything seems to work fine, though my remote controller is not working (buttons seem remapped). PS4 controller connected with USB cable works fine, though.

Edited 4 times, last by Finnen (June 8, 2018 at 10:11 PM).

• I installed

LibreELEC-S905.arm-18.0_20180608.tar on my T95n 905x, which was running previous libreelec stable from internal memory.

Reboot and hangs at the AMD image. Probably have to do everything all over again.

• Official Post

Its always the same with every build i tested.

several reboots and tries to save manual wired network.

then it doesnt reboot.

restarting box and then i can save network settings.

What medium is used ? What dtb is used ?

Am I correct in having no dtb.img in the root of the SD card?

If you have any problems with the hardware, be sure to check the use of different dtb from the image.

So far, everything seems to work fine, though my remote controller is not working (buttons seem remapped). PS4 controller connected with USB cable works fine, though.

For the remote control you need to create your own version of the settings. and put it on a carrier. Description is earlier.

I installed

LibreELEC-S905.arm-18.0_20180608.tar on my T95n 905x, which was running previous libreelec stable from internal memory.

Reboot and hangs at the AMD image. Probably have to do everything all over again.

These are test builds, so I recommend checking from the beginning to run from external media.

• It does run from external. Videoinputsrtream addon has a dependency issue, and becomes uninstallable :(

After installtointernal, i get ' starting debugging shell amlogic type exit...' on reboot.

• If you have any problems with the hardware, be sure to check the use of different dtb from the image.

Thanks for the advice, I used the gxm_q200_3g.dtb device tree: (S912, Gigabit Ethernet, 3GB Ram)

The USB works but the wired connection again just appeared and disappeared without allowing me to connect.

I have posted a dmesg | paste here if it could help solve the problem: http://ix.io/1cq3

As a temporary solution, I followed the advice in this thread : https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/11877-t95z-plus-3-32gb-display-and-network-problems-under-8-90-

which said to issue the following command to reduce the gigabit ethernet connection to 100Mbit:

Code
    echo 'ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full' >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

This allows the ethernet port to remain active and to even get an IP address from my router.

Any suggestion on fixing the problem rather than reducing my ethernet port speeds would be much appreciated!

Edit: I spoke too soon. The ethernet is incredible unstable even after the above "fix" command and completely drops after a few minutes. If I then disconnect and reconnect via the libreelec settings it reports an IP address that is not part of my network and is useless. I also tried the gxm_q201_3g.dtb device tree and the ethernet is again not seen at all.

Just as a point: the ethernet works flawlessly in Android so I do not think it is faulty hardware.

Edited once, last by Capt.Insano (June 9, 2018 at 7:27 PM).

• I am falling down the rabbit hole trying to fix this problem. From posts I found about S912 on armbian.com I followed your recommendations balbes150 and ran "fw_printenv"

Is it normal that, as above: "aml_dt=gxm_q201_unsupport" even though I have the gxm_q200_3g.dtb in place on SD root as dtb.img?

Could this explain why my ethernet is completely messed up?

• Is it normal that, as above: "aml_dt=gxm_q201_unsupport" even though I have the gxm_q200_3g.dtb in place on SD root as dtb.img?

Could this explain why my ethernet is completely messed up?

Try to run one of the Armbian (Mate\XFCE) variants from an external media and see how the network works with different dtb. Armbian is a normal Linux installation and it can easily change and store different settings for Internet and to check network performance. Boot to activate is no longer necessary (it is common with Libreelec of my assemblies).

• Try to run one of the Armbian (Mate\XFCE) variants from an external media and see how the network works with different dtb. Armbian is a normal Linux installation and it can easily change and store different settings for Internet and to check network performance. Boot to activate is no longer necessary (it is common with Libreelec of my assemblies).

I downloaded your Armbian build: Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.16.1_mate_20180515

1. It would not boot at all on my T95Z Plus unless I manually put the meson-gxm-q200.dtb on the root of the SD as dtb.img

2. After booting, wifi works but again eth0 is non-responsive.

3. I tried other device trees:

Code
    meson-gxm-q200.dtb
    meson-gxm-q201.dtb
    meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb
    meson-gxm-nexbox-a1.dtb
    meson-gxm-rbox-pro.dtb
    meson-gxm-vega-s96.dtb

None of them allowed my ethernet to work.