Posts by Finnen

I have S905x device. I downloaded two versions of your firmware - one from May, one from June. I installed it on a microSD card using Win32DiskImager and used gxl_p212_2g DTB. This method worked with every other LE fork I tried before, however with your images I'm getting an error at the beginning of booting process. Here's the error message: ru0k7sg.jpg

What am I doing wrong? :/

EDIT

Got it to working. I know I should have activated the multiboot but my device (WIWA Dream Player) is weird. I never had to do it, it booted automatically from microSD by itself with every other images I tried. It seemed to have microSD on higher priority than internal by default. However, I couldn't get your image to boot, for some reason.

From what I read, I needed to use some kind of toothpick method by pressing reset button to activate multiboot? My device doesn't have reset button, so I used other method. Someone made a guide for people without reset button on how to run software from microSD. Even though I didn't need it before, it seemed necessary for this LE build.

What I did was:

1) Prepare empty update.zip file on my PC and copy it to pendrive

2) Run default Android OS on TVBox without microSD connected (otherwise it would try to boot LE with error)

3) Once it booted up, connected the microSD with your LibreElec and the USB pendrive with fake update.zip

4) Go to built-in updater app and try to update the OS with this blank update.zip file

5) Device would restart and this time it booted up correctly from the microSD with your LE

Yeah, it's a weird device :P So far, everything seems to work fine, though my remote controller is not working (buttons seem remapped). PS4 controller connected with USB cable works fine, though.