@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• I hope that there will be. It takes time to fix the errors that I have when building new images for S812.

I think, that need create a new subject for models s812\805. Because this topic was discussed in the version for the S9xxx. Infa about s8xxx confuses them (it is absolutely different versions).

Balbes, do you have any idea what the status is of mainline S812, is somebody working on hdmi?

• Meson8/8b/8m2 hardware currently has quite good core platform support and an active kernel maintainer. The one critical component missing is the HDMI driver (Meson8 does not use the same DesignWare IP in newer GX devices). Martin has some early stage driver code but it's not functional at the moment (screens are still dark). Until his effort bears fruit there's not much point looking into making LE images, but (famous last words) it should be simple to create something once there's a eureka moment.

• after successful install i got stuck in a boot loop. no matter what dtb is configured.

but thanks anyway. i appreciate your work!

Write in detail, all the steps that you did.

Has anyone got the new images working on a u9?. I tried the meson-gxm-q200.dtb and it goes from the Minix logo to just screen noise.

You should check all DTBS for your group (gxm).

• Si noti che la versione con braccio per s912 non funzionerà, poiché PANFROST non può ancora funzionare in modalità a 32 bit. Così ho rimosso tutte le immagini del braccio per S912. Usa la versione aarch64.

I tried on gt1 s912, RAM memory ends very quickly and then it turns out (OOM).

It's a step forward, thanks for hard work

• balbes150 What's the 4.xx kernel you use in your images?

I am trying on S912, I have a H96pro+ box with Realtek PHY.

I can boot LE with the nexus-a1 dtb, that I used a while ago with Armbian and kernel 4.19.0 where I managed to get ethernet connection up

With your image I get ethernel link down, no remote (but it is not a meson-ir default one, so probably I need to configure it) but also CEC is down, so basically I cannot inspect anything

Edited once, last by Menion (January 20, 2019 at 7:56 AM).

• balbes150 Friend First of all Congratulations on the good work!

I feel that here there is a great level of difficulty to test your image

Reading the topic I realized that dozens of people just like they did not succeed!

For people with S905 processors this topic has a lesser degree of difficulty. CvH

LibreELEC 9.0 builds for S905 (semi official)

I noticed that the user belaid38 managed

The same did an unmentioned maneuver and his tutorial!

for success quoted here #319

Could make the boot.ini lit. KI Pro

Thank you.

• What's the 4.xx kernel you use in your images?

In the last images used by the kernel 4.20.

I can boot LE with the nexus-a1 dtb, that I used a while ago with Armbian and kernel 4.19.0 where I managed to get ethernet connection up

Have you tried all the DTB options from the "gxm*" group ?

I feel that here there is a great level of difficulty to test your image

Reading the topic I realized that dozens of people just like they did not succeed!

You are mistaken, the process of running these versions from external media is very simple. Download. Unpack. Write to external media. Edit " uEnv.ini", specify the desired option dtb (this item is executed if the system does not start with the default option, if it starts, you do not need to change). If the TV box has previously activated universal multi-boot, you can immediately try to start. If you have not previously activated universal multiboot, you need to activate it. For those who want to install LE in eMMC, it is necessary to update the multi-boot using the recorded image. Please note, if you do not know exactly which multi-boot option is used (activated it earlier from other media), I recommend to re-activate using this image. The new version of multi-boot is compatible with previous LE images. That is, after activating the new version, you will be able to run new and old versions of LE. For correct operation the remote control also requires its setting (description how to do it earlier in this thread).

For people with S905 processors this topic has a lesser degree of difficulty. CvH

LibreELEC 9.0 builds for S905 (semi official)

THE referenced Le images are based on the old 3.14 kernel. I don't use that kernel anymore. All my images now use only the new kernel 4.x (might be an exception for S812\S805 to release the base of support in the mainstream kernel). So this is a different system, with different behavior (and the prospect). In the near future, the 3.14 kernel will no longer work with new versions of KODI and all versions that are based on the old kernel will not be able to work with new versions of KODI.

For all.

Test images LE (s905) (S912) 20190121_test_dvb were released with the addition of alpha version of DVB drivers (from ALF1). For those who have the opportunity to test them on DVB, please write the test results.

• For all.

Test images LE (s905) (S912) 20190121_test_dvb were released with the addition of alpha version of DVB drivers (from ALF1). For those who have the opportunity to test them on DVB, please write the test results

hi balbes150

i tested with my device wetek play2 it is work boot and run fine

but dvb not work . tuner not fond in tvh

• Greetings,

Thank you so much for your answer, man.

Well, the device's eMMC CE installed and the base of Aarch64, the Kernel structure is 3.14.29.

If I install this image SDKarta plug-in does it work as a native?

Best regards...

Selamlar,

Cevabın için çok teşekkürler dostum.

Peki, cihazın eMMC'sinde CE kurulu ve tabanı Aarch64, Kernel yapısı da 3.14.29.

Bu imajı SDKarta kurup cihaza taksam çalışır mı native olarak?

Saygılarımla...

• Download. Unpack. Write to external media. Edit " uEnv.ini", specify the desired option dtb (this item is executed if the system does not start with the default option, if it starts, you do not need to change). If the TV box has previously activated universal multi-boot, you can immediately try to start. If you have not previously activated universal multiboot, you need to activate it. For those who want to install LE in eMMC, it is necessary to update the multi-boot using the recorded image. Please note, if you do not know exactly which multi-boot option is used (activated it earlier from other media), I recommend to re-activate using this image. The new version of multi-boot is compatible with previous LE images. That is, after activating the new version, you will be able to run new and old versions of LE. For correct operation the remote control also requires its setting (description how to do it earlier in this thread).

The installation can be in SD card with dual boot in android

or nand or emmc using just one system excluding android.

First step and enable multi-boot

Now all images Armbian and LE have all the files to activate the multi-boot. Anything in addition to download and copy to media is not required.

1. Download the desired image
    2. Unpack
    3. Record an image on the medium
    4. to run Android
    5. open the app "Update & Backup"
    6. Select local update and an archive on removable media (aml_update.zip)
    7. Run update
    8. System twice to reboot and start running the system from external media.
    9. If after 7-10 minutes on the monitor not to receive any messages on system startup. Turn off TV box and add in manual in the first partition (FAT) the file "dtb.img". On the media there is a directory dtb from where you can take the files and copy them to the root of the renaming of "dtb.img".

Need to pick up the option for the file system will run. Pay attention, after you add \ change the dtb file, you need to try to run the system and waiting to run 7-10 minutes. If not, repeat with a different dtb file.

I correct balbes150 if you have forgotten any detail.