@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Hi Balbes, Please assist every time that tried to write into emmc fails

• Maybe you could try to install it on a fresh system(guess you have also an android installed beside-then maybe just delete the libre files via adb or root-file-manager to keep your settings and apps on android). Maybe that way you got no conflicting files of older install and it works for you then...

• Maybe you could try to install it on a fresh system(guess you have also an android installed beside-t replyhen maybe just delete the libre files via adb or root-file-manager to keep your settings and apps on android). Maybe that way you got no conflicting files of older install and it works for you then...

Thanks for the reply, my issue is my android is gone, and I did not have a backup for years since I have been using balbes image, 17.6 installed into emmc with no problem. If I could obtain Android iso for Tronsmart Vega S95 that will be fine, but I dont have one since I prefer Libreelec on emmc.

• Just use a microSD and install. That way, you have two versions. fine

I have kodi 18 working on SD, the issue is when I tried to write the image over 17.6, it fails each times that I tried, it appears something in emmc 17.6 would allow Kodi 18 to fully overide the emmc. I wonder if anyone else I have been able to override the 17.6 with 18.

• Hi Balbes, Please assist every time that tried to write into emmc fails

For now, you need to use version kernel 3.14. Be sure to update the multi-boot. New versions only work with the new multi-boot. Only after that, you will be able to install and run LE in eMMC. To completely clean up the old version of LE (17.6), use the install mode with Android erase.

• 1. If I install your LE version to eMMC (and erase the Android OS), then update settings on it, how can I then copy back this .img LE version to USB/SD card ?

To return to the previous system in eMMC, you must run LE from external media before installation and perform a full backup via the "Libreelec/Service/eMMC/Create backup"menu item. The backup process can take up to 20-30 minutes (depending on the eMMC and the speed of the external media). After that, you can restore the state of the system at any time when the copy was created. Start the system from external media and perform the reverse procedure (restore from backup). Please note that the creation and restoration of a full copy of the eMMC must be performed by the specified commands (or by running scripts via SSH). Do not confuse this option to create a backup with options for backup for KODI is a totally different function.

2. I only saw Khadas Vim section under the Add-ons folder link. Has the arm vs aarch64 problem been solved for Kodi Add-ons on other TV box models too?

all add-ons for the aarch64 version apply to all models that run the selected image

Is there a solution to the AV problem at least?

I do not have such equipment, so I do not test it

Can I use this with my Nano Pi K2? Which file should I use and which device tree file will work with my board?

Thank you very much 🙏

Maybe it s905 (you can try option 2 for wetek_play)

I've got the 812 version running on a tronsmart s89, thank you for that.

Only question is where are the CEC controls, will they return?

Questions s812 should be placed in the relevant subject. This theme on s9xxx

Is the aim of this thread to test ports of LE v9 on Amlogic devices, essentially picking up where kzsaq left off? Or are the builds using LE v8, with Kodi v18 installed instead of v17?

These versions are not extensions of the Kszaq images. This is the result of merging the work of many developers with my additions.

• check/alter data_to_emmc_uEnv.ini(in BOOT) to fit the same dtb file working for you with sd card

This file is not related to eMMC installation. In eMMC you use a shared file "uEnv.ini". Therefore, you must configure this file for eMMC to install correctly. The file you specify is used to start the system from external media and to place all data in the eMMC.

2. boot to libreelec from your card

3. choose the libreelec icon in settings and navigate to services

Between these items, I strongly recommend that you create a full backup (the menu item to create a copy is located in the same place, just below the installation). This allows you to always return to the current state of the system. By the way, creating a full copy can be useful before any updates. If something does not suit the new system, you can always return to the exact (with all the settings and other) current state of the system. Please note that the process of creating a copy can take up to 20-30 minutes. You can store files with backup archives in a safe place to have many different copies. The created copy is stored in the "/storage/backup/ddbr"directory. You can easily copy it to your PC (via network). Please note-in this case, a full copy of eMMC is created along with the boot loader and all other elements, regardless of what is installed in eMMC (Android or Libreelec or other system).

Importantly. Installation, Backup, and Recovery work only from external media.

added the working LE 8.0 dtb

From which specific version of the image are you trying to use dtb ?

• Thx balbes150 for these fantastic Leia Images. With the december version, auto frame-rate switching now seems to work!

I have a little problem with my sound via a toslink connection to my AVR. Does your image support downmixing from DTS-MA to normal DTS and from Dolby Digtal Plus to normal DolbyDigital?

As far as I understand, this should be possible. My AVR is only connected via toslink to my Minix U9-H, so right now, I can't watch movies with DD+ or DTS-MA audio... :(

• Important information.

New images and update 20181217 for kernel 3.14 with the current time are the latest. I stopped producing images for LE S9xxx using kernel 3.14. I'm freezing a branch in my GIT soon, which is used to build version s9xxx with kernel 3.14.

For all future versions, I plan to use the new kernel. "4.xx"

Can kernel 4.xx be used now, with generic S9xxx TV boxes, for video streaming at 720p and higher without the no-HDMI-audio and other issues as before?

Edited once, last by shippy (December 20, 2018 at 1:18 AM).

• To return to the previous system in eMMC, you must run LE from external media before installation and perform a full backup via the "Libreelec/Service/eMMC/Create backup"menu item. The backup process can take up to 20-30 minutes (depending on the eMMC and the speed of the external media). After that, you can restore the state of the system at any time when the copy was created. Start the system from external media and perform the reverse procedure (restore from backup). Please note that the creation and restoration of a full copy of the eMMC must be performed by the specified commands (or by running scripts via SSH). Do not confuse this option to create a backup with options for backup for KODI is a totally different function.

Nice to see you back ☺

My question was not about LE backup or Kodi backup app, or Android restoration.

My question is asking if we can directly obtain an LE .image running in eMMC with all the new configuration settings and add-ons that a user has spent time with. This is better than getting a fresh stock LE image and then restoring all your settings/add-ons to it separately- backing up the updated .img directly from eMMC is a one step process.

• shippy Normal 1080p media works fine in 4.19+ kernel images. 4k support has caveats as the HDMI driver only supports 8-bit output at the moment so 10-bit formats like HEVC don't work right and in some situations can crash the box. Until Amlogic/ARM framebuffer compression support is added 4k also requires a CMA memory pool that's too large for 1GB RAM devices. Further work on 10-bit and AFBC is planned in January. Intel has also submitted changes for HDR support to the upstream kernel recently, and while it will take a few more iterations before patches are accepted and merged, once 10-bit support has been added we can start looking at how to hook into the proposed frameworks. If you stick to 1080p media and don't need deinterlacing (as this is still done in software) it's quite usable and I haven't used 3.14 kernel images since August this year. I don't know what S905W box you have but a 1GB/8GB TX3 mini I have runs fine. S905W should be nothing special for 4.19+ kernel as long as the correct device tree for the box is used.