@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• I've honestly no idea. I'm able to boot the images created from my repo :)

I think I found the problem, I was using master branch instead of amlogic-master, I saw I didn't have that patch for Beelink wireless remote in my current branch (master), but it is in the amlogic-master branch. I'll start over compilation again. :)

• I just installed image 20200108 on my VIM2 Pro, installation and everything works fine, but video playback only shows a green screen. I guess its the video acceleration.

Currently I test this with an RTSP stream over IPTV Simple Client. The log says the following Log

Even though the 'InputStream Client for RTMP Streams' is installed, is says ' unsupported protocol(RTSP)'.

The green screen problem and the log message might be unrelated, since local media files won't work neither.

Is this already a known problem?

I saw this behavior (no video works) right after the initial setup wizard. For me it helps to restart the system. I haven't figured out yet why the video doesn't work on the first run.

• Moderator:

Just to be clear, this is NOT a CE forum, this is not a CE topic and this development has nothing in common with CE at all (completely different codebase).

It is not helpful that we have every month those useless discussions and spamming this development thread with stuff that has completely off topic from the usual guys. As this happens regular and the usual approach "common sense" didn't worked out, we are removing now everything without a warning or explanation that does not fit into this topic.

If you want to talk about CE:

- try the CE forum

- open a new thread here

• The new test version of the LE 20200115.

Added installation in eMMC for the G12 platform along with color correction. For this function to work correctly, you need to update the universal multi-upload (a similar new version of multi-upload will now be used in Armbian >=19.11.5).

Before installing to eMMC, be sure to make a full backup of the entire eMMC.

Pay attention.

The DTB configuration algorithm has changed. Now a single file (uEnv.txt) will be used for all versions of my images for Rockchip (rk33xx) Allwinner H6 Amlogic s9xxx platforms. The principle of setting is the same - you need to correctly specify the name of the dtb used in the string (FDT=).

• I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have a GT King and trying to get this LibreELEC image to work.

First, I downloaded this ROM > LibreELEC-AML.arm-9.80-devel-20200117090715-6e9040d-amlg12.img.gz.

2. Created a bootable disk from this ROM using the "Etcher" app.

3. Changed the "uEnv.txt" to look like this >>

FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-gtking.dtb

LINUX=/KERNEL

APPEND=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0

4. Then I copied this > meson-g12b-gtking.dtb to the root of the SD card and renamed it to "dtb.img".

5 Inserted the SD card into my "King" box, depressed the "reset" button and held it for about 15 to 20 seconds after I restored the power plug.

Nothing happened. Next I removed the "img.dtb" from the root of the SD card and tried again, still would not boot.

To be noted a couple of weeks ago, I tried the same thing, and it worked straight away, but the colors were off so you could not see what was on the screen........

Thanks for help. And always, a special thanks for Balbes150.

• You just need to edit the file: uEnv.txt

Forget step: 4, because it is responsible for the boot not working.

Only this edition as said here by balbes150 Test LibreELEC images with KODI-19 for S9xxx

FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-gtking.dtb

LINUX=/KERNEL

APPEND=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0

• Followed Erbas's instructions, but new problem erupted. When I insert the microSD card, and depress the "reset" button, my box boots into TWRP. Same thing if I type "reboot update" from a terminal emulator.

I am using Alvatech's ATV ROM, which has a builtin TWRP. Just did a clean install yesterday.

[ROM] Beelink GT-King ALVATECH Android TV - ATV (9.0 Pie) S922X - FreakTab

Perhaps this ROM you are using may be missing files for sd initialization.

Or it may have been replaced by other files for installing TWRP, so any SD inserted will recognize the system as TWRP.

Maybe if the only way is to go back to the official rom.

How to Install Stock Firmware on Beelink GT-King TV Box [Android 9.0]

• Perhaps this ROM you are using may be missing files for sd initialization.

Or it may have been replaced by other files for installing TWRP, so any SD inserted will recognize the system as TWRP.

Maybe if the only way is to go back to the official rom.

How to Install Stock Firmware on Beelink GT-King TV Box [Android 9.0]

I know it is not accepted to mention CE on this thread, but When I popped in the micorSD card containing CE, it loaded that OS right away.......

I guess for testing purposes, I could install the stock firmware, only takes a few minutes..........

• I know it is not accepted to mention CE on this thread, but When I popped in the micorSD card containing CE, it loaded that OS right away.......

I guess for testing purposes, I could install the stock firmware, only takes a few minutes..........

CE does not work with linux 5.X.X kernel, but works with modified kernel.

In summary to install the balbes version you need to be using official android rom, as the work is developed in this way.

This topic has been debated here dozens of times.

If you want to use LibreELEC use official android rom.

If it still doesn't work bring your problem here, because I'm sure balbes150 will help solve it.

• Dear balbes150,

sorry for my last posts. They were meant to be positive but not everyone saw the same. Same applies to Team LibreELEC.

To make this post more useful I would like to point it out that you made a typo in post #1,268 from Wednesday, 2:43 pm. Or maybe this was intentional because I do not know Amlogic platform well and mainline things always brings something new and better.