[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Hi wrxtasy, I'm using LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit right now but according to my Pioneer receiver the video output is 4:2:2-8bit. Using a Minix U9-H. With previous versions (8.2.4.1) output is 4:4:4-10bit. Any ideas?

Hmmm, I wonder if any setting regarding 8/10 bit output actually changes something on the Minix U9-H. Mehanik HDR10 test patterns has 10bit test patterns and they look the same whatever I use. There is some banding, so I guess it's 8bit output whatever the U9-H reports as output. I have to mention that I've never seen the test patterns when I was sure they were shown in 10bit so I actually don't know how they should look but refering to the images in the manual this appears 8bit banding.

• Hi wrxtasy, I'm using LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit right now but according to my Pioneer receiver the video output is 4:2:2-8bit. Using a Minix U9-H. With previous versions (8.2.4.1) output is 4:4:4-10bit. Any ideas?

It is possible it is only outputting 8bit color depth due to my A/V equiptment not showing such info. I'm really relying on you guys.

Can you do a test by disabling 422,10bit in the Kodi Settings > System > AMLogic and then SSH in and issue this command:

echo "422,12bit" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

And then play some 4K HDR material (make sure LE Kodi refresh switching is activated). What is the color depth output ?

If it is still 8bit output then there is a new 444,10bit update available that also has a default 1000/0.005nits MaxFALL/MaxCLL

This will improve brightness of problematic dark looking 4K HDR Bluray Rips:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5.1-444-1000nits.tar

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5.1-444-1000nits.tar

You can read the technical thread regading issues with HDR metadata in HEVC SEI messages of concatenated m2ts files, over in the following Vero 4K forum:

HDR too dark on LG OLED - Vero 4K / Vero 4K + - OSMC Forums

Important WARNING about Chrome Web Browser Extensions !

chrome-extension://bigefpfhnfcobdlfbedofhhaibnlghod/mega/secure.html#blog_47

Thanks God I did not allow the Rogue Extension permissions - Google has a serious Security issue on their hands here !

• [HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

I think post #11 on this thread shows an easy way of removing the change. Post #13 reports back that this method works - btw, I have not done this myself as I install LE to internal on all my boxes (have no interest in Android).

Thanks but I couldnt find it on Page 11 of this thread but found a different thread with the article by Kszaq and a post that shows how to reverse it. Obviously back it up first. So now ready to try it out.

Thanks but how old is that article ?? These latest Ultra SD cards at 98 MBps (sure sequential reads) are clealry faster than even last years best. My box is a Tanix TX9 Pro not the cheapest but not ridiculously expenmsive either for boxes that will be way out of date probably within a year. So best IMHO always to buy the bestt end of the cheaper boxes as htey still have more than adequate spec for what the streaming that we use them for.

Anyway will soon test out using the eMMC internal memory instead of teh SD card data partition and will report back once I have tested it out for myself.

• The 1st option didn't change the output, it was still 8bit.

The 8.2.5.1 update fixed the problem! Output is now 10bit in HDR.

Thanks!

• Upgraded my S912 from 8.2.4.1 to 8.2.5.1 and now it freezes up with the S912 BOOT LOGO. Everything was running off my internal memory... how can i fix this ?

Thanks Guys.

Stolla

• Flash a USB stick or SD card again and then Install to Internal again.

If that does not work find a Firmware .img and use AMLogic USB burning tool to recover Android.

The Freaktab forum is your friend for all that.

• I posted in this thread a couple months ago about a bug whereby one or more audio channels on a 6/8 channel audio stream drop out in the middle of watching something.

I've experienced this 4 times since and it's quite annoying.

Is there any temp fix or hack to fix this? I have to resort to rebooting most times.

• Just an update to my previous post here.

I have now moved LIBREELEC_DISK data storage form my SD card partition to my internal eMMC memory on my TX9 Pro S912 box following Kszaq's excellent instructions. The process was very easy and took only a few minutes and was a very logical easy to understadn process too. Also following the same instructions I moved my storage data across from the SD card to the new /dev/data LIBRELEC_DISK labeled internal memory so I woujld retain all my settings and suite of addons etc. The box booted up as before with nothing lost from my settings and add-ons etc. Truly excellent and yes I DO notice a difference in speed. It is not earth shattering speed differnce but I can say that so far the box is much snappier especially memory intensive procedures. Of course it is still slow with searchign for Server lists from many of the nameless addons and this was expected as that is an internet routing problem which we know is IMHO wrongly impaired by ISPs gettign involvred when theyu should not, and not helped by the removal of teh old US net neutrality sensible rules !!!

I also tried the reversal procedure and that worked fine too changing the labels back to how they were and of course my data was left untouched on my SD card data partition. Careful with the reversal instructions quoted though as you DO have to also issue the command to rename the SD card partition back to LIBREELEC_DISK again else I believe it will recreate a new data partition on the SD card and y ou would have lost all your original data. You can of course also recopy the up to date data from your internal memory storage to the SD card first too if you want.

Okay first a probably unrelated problem that has cropped up coincidentally I think and that is I get a reported error on the service "Universal - An Addons Toolkit" which I am not getitng on my other S905x boxes on which I have not moved the data storage to internal memory. As I say probably a coincidence. Has anyone else got this problem though. I do not know what the service addon even is, but assume it is an officlal KODI service ?????

Now I have an important question. I use other bootable SD cards for testing and running both newer and/or older firmware builds on my TX9 Pro box. So now that I have moved the storage to internal memory, what will happen when I change the bootable SD card for a different one which of course will still have the on-card original storage partition labelled LIBREELEC_DISK . Whcih one will Libreelec use when seeing two separate partitions both withthe same LIBREELEC-DISK label ?? If it uses both (doubtful) won't that cause some data corruptions. If it uses just the internal storage memory then it will be the wrong required storage build of settings and add-ons needed for the different bootable SD card's firmware version. Have not tried it yet as I do not want to corrupt my new internal storage partition for my LE 8.2.5 422 Chroma 10 bit build but would appreicate an answer if anyone knows.

• sorry guys if this was already asked but how to make my remote work with libreelec? my box is mecool m8s pro L and IR remote.

Normally you copy the remote.conf from your android to the root of your sd-card, Otherwise you could follow this thread to create one from scratch. But first be sure u use the right dtb, that could also be the problem.

• TEST RELEASE S905 / S905D / S905X / S905W:

The following folder contains a v8.2.4.2-Test2.rar S905 test release.

Hey, When I try the 10bit version n my S905X 2/8GB unit I get an "invalid argument" message when I try and add SMB share, after have changed my network Workgroup to my network setting - ie, from default "Workgroup" to "AKA" (mine).

Any ideas?

• Flash a USB stick or SD card again and then Install to Internal again.

If that does not work find a Firmware .img and use AMLogic USB burning tool to recover Android.

The Freaktab forum is your friend for all that.

HI wrxtasy:

Thanks for your support,and what time can upgrade to KODI 18?? KODI 17.6 don't play 4K UHD.

• What is this LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5.1 ?
    The op says 8.2.4.1 so what are these versions? 8.2.5.1 is true up to date best version?

Anyway I have a question does anyone have Ambilight running with this image? Or any libre elec image whatsoever?

Because I have an issue. I install Hyperion on my Minix u9-h neo S912 Box and the ambilight of "Hyperion addon" works with the KODI interface and "pictures" but not with 98% of my video's for some reason.

I found out that for whatever reason it does work with a couple of videos I compared the mediainfo of those files with some other MKV to see why one MKV would give me ambilight and one wouldn't. Only difference I could notice is that one MKV file was 8 BIT, and another 10 BIT...
    Then I play 4K HDR movie which supposidly is also 10 BIT. but then ambilight doesnt work also... weird.

I am not inclined to switch Libre Elec versions as I have many addons installed etc.. and configured options that I don't like to reset.
    Perhaps a different libre elec version however, might solve my ambilight problem. but im not sure.. where the problem lies.