[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Before, when I had an Intel NUC and the official LibreELEC image, I could connect a USB FIIO DAC to USB. LibreELEC could recognize it as an audio output. With this image on Minix NEO U9-H, my FIIO DAC is not recognized when connected to USB. Any ideas?

• Which version, be specific ?

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.12bit.tar may have had some USB Kernel patches in it.

Hard to test anything without actual hardware when developing Software and going on a wild goose chase to support DAC's is not going to happen when using an old v3.x Linux Kernel.

• wrxtasy I like your builds because are the most stable tested over S912.

Are you working in adapt your special patches to LibreELEC 9? i tested some nightly builds of LE and CE and...well works well but the most important lack of all this builds is NO AutoHDR switch.

I've applied OSMC-patch for auto color/chroma switch, but in CE not working properly and in LE 9, works but the system is less responsive than CE.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by atomizasser (August 31, 2018 at 5:35 PM).

• wrxtasy Thanks for your last releasing build for S912, LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img. I have tried to download that version, but the Mega link is not working now, such that I cannot download that version. It seems there's some problem to the Mega link. So could you please provide another download space/link for LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img? I suggest Google drive is a good choice! Thanks so much!

• wrxtasy Thanks for your last releasing build for S912, LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img. I have tried to download that version, but the Mega link is not working now, such that I cannot download that version. It seems there's some problem to the Mega link. So could you please provide another download space/link for LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img? I suggest Google drive is a good choice! Thanks so much!

Try this link - you can download all of wrxtasy's images from here.

MEGA

• Yes LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.12bit.tar has everything in it for S912 users inc. the Kodi dirty regions Subtitles stuttering workaround.

I do not use SMB file sharing so never encounter the SMB Subtitles crashing issue. I use NFS only.

EDIT:

I have had a look and reverted a CIFS/SMB update in the Kernel and will be putting out S905 / S912 SMB.Subtitles.test .tar's in the following:

Google Drive Folder

• I updated to the subtitles test release and tried a dozen subtitles, all of which played perfectly.

• Firstly apologies, didnt follow lately this thread, so better ask You Guys for advise

I got Mecool MS8 PRO + S905X 2GB/16GB and Kszaq 8.2.3.1 LE build installed on SD Card

now if I want to upgrade to this wrxtasy build posted above in #532 which version will be suitable for my box, and if is enough to put tar file in.update folder and just restart box

or new flashing is advised ?

• I'm having some mixed results with the latest releases.

With LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit and LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.2-fix-lost-audio (both versions) HDR video output is 444-10bit. However, with these versions DTS-HD HRA audio doesn't work. With LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit and LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.12bit DTS-HD HRA works but HDR video output is 422-8bit. Anything I can do to get both to work?

• Hello community,

Just wanted to report that, after some needed tinkering, I successfully installed LE on a Mecool M8S Pro W. Thank you, wrxtasy and kszak, for compiling and posting this. In a nutshell, Kodi on LE is a light-year ahead of the Android version.

I also want to report a problem with the gxl_p281_2g.dtb device tree. The problem is that, well, it's just an exact copy of the gxl_p281_1g.dtb file. It did not work on my 2gb S905W device. (Just got stuck at boot logo.) There are no provisions for 2gb RAM. So, long story short, I ended up fixing the 2g DT by comparing the 1g and 2g DT blobs from my device and applying the changed bytes to gxl_p281_1g.dtb. There were only 3 or 4 instances that needed to be applied. In the end, it worked like a charm. I'm attaching my gxl_p281_2g.dtb here.

There's also an issue with the ssv6051 driver. The kernel keeps spamming the log with these things...

These cycles of lines are written many times a second. When I remove the driver with modprobe -r ssv6051, the spam stops instantly. I don't use wifi on this, so I can't speak for how the driver works in general.

gxl_p281_2g.dtb

• So, long story short, I ended up fixing the 2g DT by comparing the 1g and 2g DT blobs from my device and applying the changed bytes to gxl_p281_1g.dtb. There were only 3 or 4 instances that needed to be applied. In the end, it worked like a charm. I'm attaching my gxl_p281_2g.dtb here.

Nice clever Sherlock work there and thx for the heads up regarding the same .dtb's :thumbup:

I have a Bluetooth - 2GB S905W ABOX A4 and simply used the A95xr2 .dtb

Thanks for the 2GB S905W .dtb I will replace the erroneous ones in Mega and Google Drive with yours.

For 1080p usage the Widevine L1 - S905W's are surprisingly decent, especially if you need Android TV - HD Netflix in a Dual boot configuration and get one with a USB Wireless Mini dongle remote for easy Dual OS usage.

S905W's are thermally stable too with the CPU's clocked in at 1.2GHz Max, that makes a difference.

For a faster LE that still retains dual boot, also do this mod:[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

You can speedup Android TV as well on any such Android device, by simply having a Rooted Box and doing THIS (click) GPU clock mod.

• Hey, wrxtasy,

Thanks for the advice. The Android TV OS is pretty terrible on this box. So it's not worth bothering with it. Nothing works right on it. The UI is extremely sluggish, Netflix doesn't work, Prime Video doesn't work. Playing any h.264 video in Kodi freezes the whole box within a few minutes.(BTW, off topic question: Does anybody else experience this on their M8S PRO W?) I did try the GPU trick manually just now. It didn't make much difference to the UI, maybe a little. It was still pretty sluggish. I don't recommend anyone get this box for the Android TV. I have a Fire TV for streaming apps. And for Kodi, this S905W device is second to none when used with LE.

Also, the emmc on this box is very slow, probably a lot slower than my SD card. So using it for LE data doesn't make much sense. My main use for it is to stream 1080p videos with HD audio off of my PC. ;) And talk about the UI speed, it's like the OS 2D acceleration has been intentionally crippled for this chip. How is it that the LE interface is so exceptionally fluid and Android is like a slide show?

BTW, I'm also a developer on XDA, and have learned a lot from your posts there, as well as on the Kodi and the Mi Box forums...