[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Grab the last working kszaq LE C2 .tar release and uncompressed it on a PC / Mac.

Then overwrite the SYSTEM and KERNEL files on the SD / eMMC.

That should hopefully restore a working setup.

Not at home base at the moment, will do a 32bit compatible C2 release when I'm back.

Otherwise do a complete reflash of a LE C2 standard release and then upgrade with my aarch.tar update.

Not working. its struck at libreelec logo forever.

any solution ? is this version 8.2.4.2 or 8.2.5 from libreelec website latest one ?

• Nexbox A95X (s905x).

ERROR: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-S905Test-1529136339.tar is not compatible with S905.arm hardware - update cancelled.

Current system: S905.arm

Update system: S912.arm

• Thanks. And clean installation and recovery settings from backup can solve the problem?

I don't quite understand the code "touch /storage/.update/.nocompat"

Yes, clean installation will be fine.

Login SSH and type touch /storage/.update/.nocompat

• Yes, clean installation will be fine.

Login SSH and type touch /storage/.update/.nocompat

First I enter the code via SSH. Then I copy the *.tar and *.dtb files into the "Update" folder and restart. All right?

Forgive me for stupid questions, I don't want to break down what works :)

• Ive been using libre for ages on a raspberry. However I wanted hevc support, so after reading the forums, I bought a Mecool M8S pro + (S905x) as this was recommened. This one does not have a reset button in the AV hole.

Whilst this box does have a sort of kodi it’s not to my liking, so I wanted to boot libre of the sd card.

I used LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-S905Test-1529136339 and tried LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.

But all I got was the Mecool banner and then it just stayed there.

I’m sure it should run as other people have it running on M8S boxes, so I must be doing something wrong.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

• This will help you.

[HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device

• Look towards the device tree. It must match your box.

• Thank you all - Yes that web page was what I was following

acording to that web page S905X does not need a device tree. "S905X: You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card"

I'll try a 2G one and see if that works.

I try gxl_p212_2g.dtb and gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb and gxl_p212_2g_slowemmc.dtb but same - Stops at mecool banner.

I must be doing something stupid as others have got it to work.

Sucess, I used This and it booted first time. Few things dont work (keyboard/mouse) but at least it boot - and I know this is alpha.

Ok. now i see where I was going wrong. I didn't rename gxl_p212_2g.dtb to dtb.img (it was not ovious from the install instructions). Now it is working properly even keyboard/mouse & wifi works.

Edited 3 times, last by hAZAR: Added dtb tried (June 22, 2018 at 1:19 PM).

• What is the difference between q200_k3 and q200_3g dtb? I had been using q200_3g with gigabit for my h96 pro plus. But today i was looking at the mega.nz folder and there wasnt any g200_3g under the gigabit folder, so i tried q200_k3 and it worked. Do i NEED to have the "correct" dtb, or its fine as long as it boots?

Edit: Also wanted to ask: I have an Air Mouse js6, it has some buttons (such as the internet explorer button) which are not read by LibreELEC, im unable to map them in Keymap Editor. However, i tried 8.90.3 CoreELEC and there the buttons work, i can remap them using Keymap editor. Is there any way i can bring that functionality to LibreELEC?

Edited once, last by punkid (June 23, 2018 at 7:02 PM).