Posts by hAZAR

Thank you all - Yes that web page was what I was following

acording to that web page S905X does not need a device tree. "S905X: You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card"

I'll try a 2G one and see if that works.

I try gxl_p212_2g.dtb and gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb and gxl_p212_2g_slowemmc.dtb but same - Stops at mecool banner.

I must be doing something stupid as others have got it to work.

Sucess, I used This and it booted first time. Few things dont work (keyboard/mouse) but at least it boot - and I know this is alpha.

Ok. now i see where I was going wrong. I didn't rename gxl_p212_2g.dtb to dtb.img (it was not ovious from the install instructions). Now it is working properly even keyboard/mouse & wifi works.

Ive been using libre for ages on a raspberry. However I wanted hevc support, so after reading the forums, I bought a Mecool M8S pro + (S905x) as this was recommened. This one does not have a reset button in the AV hole.

Whilst this box does have a sort of kodi it’s not to my liking, so I wanted to boot libre of the sd card.

I used LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-S905Test-1529136339 and tried LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.

But all I got was the Mecool banner and then it just stayed there.

I’m sure it should run as other people have it running on M8S boxes, so I must be doing something wrong.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thank you.