LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• Hi Darth,

as I see the blue light works contrary. As soon as X8h is off the diode is on and vice versa))). Remote PowerOn button is not working (power off is fine). Any ideas how to fix it?

• behavior of my set (with CEC enabled):

Remote box power-off => TV shut down

If i power up the TV and select the box input => the box will start up

i never use the remote power-on of the box or power-on button of the box .

by the way , my box has been reflashed with the custom firmware (see #1).

and you're right , the light works contrary but ... it's not critical... annoying but not critical

Edited once, last by datrh (March 12, 2020 at 10:00 PM).

• Hi,

I just installed the last version (18.6) on my old minix x8h and then installed into internal memory.

Appear to work fine..

However I get into two annoying issues which I didn't found here any report.

1) when I boot with SD card in the box, no matter if is fat32 or ext4 , they enter in userdebug and don't boot automatically.

how disable this behave?

2) when I play a IPTV or any movie (from elementum torrent stream) and press "x" on my keyboard to close the current video, the kodi freeze , but I still access the box thru ssh, so only the kodi interface freeze. I didn't see any workaround until now, I need to poweroff the box.

Any tips?

• 2) when I play a IPTV or any movie (from elementum torrent stream) and press "x" on my keyboard to close the current video, the kodi freeze , but I still access the box thru ssh, so only the kodi interface freeze. I didn't see any workaround until now, I need to poweroff the box.

Any tips?

The main tip is .. read the forum rules. If you run banned piracy add-ons on your box you will receive no support in this forum.

• I have a Minix X8H and followed instructions on the first post of the thread to install libreelec. I used the 18.6 image in the downloads section. However during the startup, the minix freezes in the screen which show minix logo. Waited close to 15 minutes and nothing changes. Is this image stable? And are the instructions given in the first page still up to date?

• Friend there is the possibility to update the kodi to version 18.6

Thank you.

Do your sources for building S905D have kodi and 18.6 ARCH=aarch64?

Edited once, last by erbas (May 11, 2020 at 1:34 AM).

• I have a Minix X8H and followed instructions on the first post of the thread to install libreelec. I used the 18.6 image in the downloads section. However during the startup, the minix freezes in the screen which show minix logo. Waited close to 15 minutes and nothing changes. Is this image stable? And are the instructions given in the first page still up to date?

Did you patch the minix bootloader?

if successful, it will boot from the SD card.

how to patch the minix bootloader :

• burn the GZ img to a SD (using LibreElec-usb-sd creator)
    • browse the SD and rename "boot_autoscript" to "boot.scr"
    • insert the SD in the minix
    • boot the minix while holding reset switch for 5 -6 sec (the bootloader will be patched)
    • let Libreelec boots
  • Hi, I have a Minix NEO X8H. I tried to connect it to the pc via cable and upgrade to Lollipop ..... the device did not connect at all ... so I decided to try Libreelec and found a procedure on this forum how to do it using an sd card ... let me try what I'm trying to not boot at all ..... the only time I got a little further was an attempt to boot from sd with the version of Krypton but it still turned out like this ... Can anyone please advise me?

• Hi, I have a Minix NEO X8H. I tried to connect it to the pc via cable and upgrade to Lollipop ..... the device did not connect at all ... so I decided to try Libreelec and found a procedure on this forum how to do it using an sd card ... let me try what I'm trying to not boot at all ..... the only time I got a little further was an attempt to boot from sd with the version of Krypton but it still turned out like this ... Can anyone please advise me?

There's no Lollipop image for the X8-H. Lollipop image is only for the X8H-PLUS.

It's the first time i see that kind of logging.

If booting from SD is successful, you will have messages about formatting the SD.

boot the minix while holding reset switch for 5 -6 sec (the bootloader will be patched) =

"Turn off your Minix X8-H completely and insert the SD card in the side slot.

Then with a paperclip press the little reset button on the back of your device and keep it pressed while turning on the device. When you see the Minix logo appear, release the paperclip from the reset button and wait."

Patching the bootloader is bit tricky.

• Problem solved. The picture showed how the device behaves when trying to boot Libreelec .....

Now for a solution for others ..... in order for the minix neo x8h to successfully connect to the pc ... it is necessary to connect it to the pc .... press and hold the reset button .... have the power cord disconnected .... only now connect the power cord .... still hold the reset button .... press the power button and minix will connect .... successfully play the firmware with lollipop for minix neo x8h (Minix_x8h_finless_LollipopROM1.zip) ... everything went successfully .. .can any version of kodi can now be loaded .... libreelec from sd will also run without any problems. Until this moment, before we managed to play kitkat on lollipop ... it was not possible to boot from sd. :)

• Friend there is the possibility to update the kodi to version 18.6

Thank you.

Do your sources for building S905D have kodi and 18.6 ARCH=aarch64?

check the branch 18.6 but i would take a look into CoreElec for s905xx device running on linux 3.14