feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• hello and good day,

I search for days, or even for months an img.

for my H96 max + with a rk3328 cpu.

I do not care which kodi version from 6 upwards.

I would be very happy about a link

There is no link.

Please check here for supported Rockchip devices:

Rockchip – LibreELEC

You can ask Wechip to add LibreELEC support for your device as they are the manufacturer.

• good day again,

how do I handle the rk3328-box.dtb,

Meintest du: umbenennen

10/5000

non-call in dtb.img ??

Please stop spamming and talking in other languages.

Here is WeChip's website to contact them - Wechip-TV box for support for your device.

If it's too difficult to understand how dtb files work, it's suggested you get a R3328 or S905X device that already has LibreELEC support.

• I'm having issues playing videos on my Rock64 using Samba. The videos are mp4, have AAC audio and are 720p. The symptoms are stuttering when playing the video. Audio is fine, but the video is not smooth at all. I'm pretty familiar with symptoms of buffering issues (video and audio getting stuck and then resolving once buffering has completed) and I'm pretty sure this is not the same issue.

I have a Raspberry Pi2B (running OSMC) connected to the same Samba share and the same videos play fine with no stuttering.

I have changed the scaling_governor to "ondemand" and it doesn't appear to have made a difference.

Has anybody experienced this and/or know how to resolve it? Apologies if this is a known issue.The image I am running is the nightly-20190309-e738c7b (RK3328)

Edited once, last by wolf7250 (March 20, 2019 at 10:03 PM).

• The thread you linked talks about problems with 4.19 kernel , but rockchip images uses kernel 4.4 , so probably not related.

Anyway, I have also found some playback issues that seems to only happen when using SMB on my attempts to get A5X Max tv box supported. I haven't tested deeply enough to confirm that is the case but it certainly seems possible.

• Also I'm having issues with TvHeadend on my Rock64. I have a couple of different usb DVB tv tuners:

1. Elgatato eyetv DVB-T tuner
    2. OSMC DVB-T/T2 tuner (Which I believe is an Astrometa DVB-T2)

The first is recognised and shows up in TvHeadend as DiBcom 7000PC, but I encountered issues when going through the setup process. It loads 6 muxers as expected, but when scanning for channels only one muxer works, and as a result I only get 10 channels as opposed to the expected 50 odd.

The second is recognised, but doesn't load as expected. I'm currently using it with a Raspberry Pi2 (but want to replace this with the Rock64). It should load both Realtek RTL2832 DVB-T and a Sony CXD2837ER DVB-T2, but only loads the Realtek. I am using the LE DVB module, should I be using the main linux one? This CoreELEC thread seemed to think it would make a difference.

But even the Realtek tuner wouldn't scan properly. I am using quad shielded TV cable and a signal amplifier. The setup tunes properly with the OSMC USB tuner connected to my Raspberry Pi2 so I know that it's not a signal issue. What can I do to resolve this?

kostaman I'm pretty sure you've got TvHeadend working on your setup, what DVB tuner do you have?

• And that tuner works well with your Rock64?

The Tuner works very well with LE Krypton on my TX7 being the server.

The Rock64 has TVHeadend Client which works very well.

Never tried the Tuner with the Rock64 as a server.

Never run a TVHeadend Server on your daily driver box.

I learn't that a long time ago.

• I bought an N2, because in a few weeks, this is what they have achieved:

What works:

Booting from eMMC / SD

DVB (USB only)

Decoding hardware

HDR (HDR10 and HLG formats)

Network

Sound (including passthrough for all formats)

What does not work:

Automatic color depth / color space switching (aka cd / cs)

I will sell the rock64 and the z28pro, but not the rockpro64 for a future. At the moment, the audio and many videos, fails.

6 months with it and many times I have to connect the C2.

Thanks to Kwiboo for all his work. I wish I had knowledge to help. :(

• Hi,

I am new to this forum and I just bought a Rock64. I am experiencing CEC issues with my Philips TV. The CEC device gets registered on startup but it does not work. I installed the Rock64 image version 8.90.014.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

• Hi,

I am new to this forum and I just bought a Rock64. I am experiencing CEC issues with my Philips TV. The CEC device gets registered on startup but it does not work. I installed the Rock64 image version 8.90.014.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Use a newer image.

Index of /

The one you're using is ancient.

• I updated to the latest nightly build as you said but unfortunately this issue still remains with excatly the same log messages.

Update: I just changed the HDMI cable to new one (HDMI version 1.4a) and CEC starts working immediately. But the cable I used before (don't know exactly which HDMI version it is) worked seamlessly with CEC on my RPi 2 for years.

This is quite strange.

Edited once, last by 0per8or (April 7, 2019 at 9:29 AM).

• Using the rock64 with latest nightly too.

I experienced that problem with the stuttering, I did already read from that before bying it, is less when you watch the clips with clip fps = screen fps. Some clips do stutter on my computer screen, but way less on the TV with sync fps.

I also use it as dvb-T2 Backend/frontend. I have to switch to the alternative DVB drivers, then streaming works perfectly, watching on the same device stutters sometimes.

HD-Audio streaming to AVR doesnt work, but that is known too.

If you would like me to do some testing for you, let my know, perhaps I can support you.

Thanks for you work

• I'm having issues playing videos on my Rock64 using Samba. The videos are mp4, have AAC audio and are 720p. The symptoms are stuttering when playing the video. Audio is fine, but the video is not smooth at all. I'm pretty familiar with symptoms of buffering issues (video and audio getting stuck and then resolving once buffering has completed) and I'm pretty sure this is not the same issue.

I have a Raspberry Pi2B (running OSMC) connected to the same Samba share and the same videos play fine with no stuttering.

I have changed the scaling_governor to "ondemand" and it doesn't appear to have made a difference.

Has anybody experienced this and/or know how to resolve it? Apologies if this is a known issue.The image I am running is the nightly-20190309-e738c7b (RK3328)

Further to what I reported above. I have noticed that when I initially play my first video from the SMB share, it plays fine with no stuttering. If I stop that video and then select another one from the SMB share, then there is immediate stuttering.

I recorded debug logs for the first and second video attempting to capture the issue and for the second video there are errors in the log, but they don't mean much to me.

If I leave it for a little while and then come back to my Rock64 and attempt to play a video again from the SMB share then it works for the first initial video again and then stuttering again for the second. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance :)