feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• I've just bought a Rock64, and booked it up last night with the latest LibreElec nightly (flashed to microSD). Video and audio playback seem good for the couple of files I had a chance to try (both h264 and h265), but the board seems to be running surprisingly hot: 65-70 degrees when playing a 720p h264/AAC file, and 55-60 degrees when sitting idle (nothing running beyond the builtin bare Kodi install). I've got the board mounted in Pine64's aluminium case and the case feels quite warm to the touch, so it shouldn't be a heat dissipation issue.

Are these temperatures normal for a rock64 running LibreElec, or am I right to find them surprisingly high?

• Are these temperatures normal for a rock64 running LibreElec, or am I right to find them surprisingly high?

I've used the SSH command below

Code
    echo "cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp" > temp 
    chmod +x temp 
    watch ./temp

The rock 64 definitely runs slightly hotter than Amlogic chip quadcore boards I own.

Nothing to worry about. They lock up in the 80c temp.

Play the 720p or any file using Hardware acceleration and it stays in a safe temp zone .

Mine is in the acrylic perspex cover with the small heatsink.

If i play any sd content using software decoding i will get a heat lock up at around 80c nearly every time.

• The rock 64 definitely runs slightly hotter than Amlogic chip quadcore boards I own.

Nothing to worry about. They lock up in the 80c temp.

Play the 720p or any file using Hardware acceleration and it stays in a safe temp zone .

Mine is in the acrylic perspex cover with the small heatsink.

If i play any sd content using software decoding i will get a heat lock up at around 80c nearly every time.

Thanks for the info; I was just measuring the temp with the builtin cputemp command but it seemed to work well enough.

How can I tell if the hardware decoding is working properly? Should it all be turned on already, or do I need to do some tinkering with from the stock Nightly build?

Someone mentioned having to manually enable hardware decoding on one of the recent pages of this thread, but I believe they were running an Armbian build.

• That was me, I'm running ayufan's rockpro64 debian minimal (ayufan 4.4.138-1100 kernel version)

But I'm in rockpro64, not rock64, not rk3388, so sorry for any confusion.

However there is a lot of crossover so sometimes things are the same on both boards.

Anyway, I had to edit my DTB with dtedit to enable rkvdec.

With the rockpro64 store's medium heatsink + fan, I get about 50C constant when playing 3840x2160@60

edit: the CPUs and heat are quite similar between the two, only diff being rk3399 has 2 extra A57 cores but they're not optimized until kernel mainline support gets better since those two are part of the weird "big.LITTLE" architecture

• Launched a test LE on December 5 on the TV box z28, HD and HTC works fine, but here's the SD video (XviD, DivX and others) works slowly as if not handled by the hardware decoder at all. And on the AirMouse not there is a back button.

Sorry for the language, I write through the translator )))

• Changelog

Updated mpp

- [h265d]: Fix error on multi-frame packet decoding

- [mpp_dec]: Fix eos on info change

- [vepu]: Fix row length errror when not aligned

Updated DVB addons

- tvheadend42: update

- dvb-latest: update to 2018-12-07

Install to EMMC updated

MVR9 (numbered remote)

MEGA

NT-N9 (orange D-Pad remote)

MEGA

Edited 2 times, last by CvH: removed fancy font ;) (December 16, 2018 at 12:47 PM).

• mo123

Thanks for latest build, works fine so far.

Install to emmc has no function for me.

For EMMC users can try:

1. Boot LE for a second time.

2. Use the ir remote to click on 'Install to emmc'.

3. It will now display a message to ask if you want to do it.

4. It takes about 1 minute then the screen will turn blue/black.

5. Remove power and the micro-sd card.

6. Connect power and it will boot to LE.

Very important

Please make a Full backup first before doing 'Install to emmc'.

The backup might take 25-50 minutes depending on the speed of the micro-sd card.

For safety leave it for 1 hour and do something else.

With a backup, you can restore Android again.

Without a backup, you won't be able to flash Android from a PC anymore, only from LE.

I will see if I can make a backup for users that might have flashed to emmc and forgot to make one.

• Do you mean a reboot from within le? Reboot isn't possible, if bluetooth is activated on mvr9.

I never got the message you describe in point 3.

• Do you mean a reboot from within le? Reboot isn't possible, if bluetooth is activated on mvr9.

I never got the message you describe in point 3.

Step 3 also didn't show for me.

After pulling out the power cord and connecting power again and using the ir remote to click on it, it then showed the message.

Try pulling the power out 1 or 2 extra times if it doesn't work the first time.

Now I need to try to flash Android back from another device I made a backup from.

• I need help, since i hit the wall.

MicroPC - ROC-RK3328-CC 1GB (Firefly | Make technology more simple , Make life more intellingent.).

This (GitHub - T-Firefly/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI) is working version of LibreELEC.tv for my board (complied from repo), but it don't have HDMI sound output

This (GitHub - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI) is not working version (complied from repo). Can't even boot in it

This branch (GitHub - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv at rockchip) is booting, but freeze on KODI screen

With changing packages around i have achieved nothing. Search gave me this, but in my case both LED constantly on, like microPC don't see SD at all (Power Supply, SD card and microPC is ok, since it's work with others images).

So my question is:

Is it even possible to add HDMI sound to firefly image? Or any hints where i need to look?