Until the patch is upstreamed, you will have to make your own build system and add it.
Read all of this before beginning:
1) Install Ubuntu 16.04.x (LTS) server
Do everything from here on out as non-root.
2) sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
3) sudo apt install gcc make git unzip wget xz-utils
4) Clone the LibreELEC github:
5) Build the whole system once, without my patches, to make sure your build system is working:
6) Download and copy the two patch files into ~/LibreELEC.tv/projects/Rockchip/patches/linux/rockchip-4.4/
7) Build it again now that the patch files are in: